• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters dying crashes the Wii (2.5b)

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
I have no idea why this occurs, but everytime someone is launched beyond the blastline, the Wii freezes with the ear-piercing buzz regardless of which character died. This has rendered 2.5b unplayable for me, and there is no way for me to revert back to 2.5. I have faith in you guys; I'm sure you'll figure this out.

Download Method; Riivolution (Full Set)
SD Card; SanDisk 8GB SDHC

plz fix

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
I've done a clean install and I still get problems; although the formatting seems rather pointless as it has worked fine in the past, and I can guarantee you that if I revert back to 2.5 it'll work fine.

Revven

FrankerZ
I've done a clean install and I still get problems; although the formatting seems rather pointless as it has worked fine in the past, and I can guarantee you that if I revert back to 2.5 it'll work fine.
And I guarantee you it doesn't hurt to try formatting it. ;)

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
Good point
FORMATTING WHEN I GET HOME WOOO

What do you recommend i use for the format method? Do i take all the stuff in the sd card out? What precautions should i take? Ive never done formatting stuff so any help would, well, help

EDIT: WELL **** WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT, it worked with a FAT32 format and a clean installation. No more deafening buzz noises when characters die now! Let's hope it stays that way when I import all my old stuff back onto the card. Thanks Revven! NOW I CAN GET BACK TO SOUND HACKING EEEEEEEE

EDIT2: Works even after I imported all my stuff over. That means this issue is officially resolved.

EDIT3: Turns out the issue had nothing to do with the SD card at all; its my smashbros_sound.brsar being gay and freezing whenever it plays certain sounds. I found this out when I tried to do anything with Ganondorf (he has his Melee voice) and caused the Wii to freeze. I can only assume whatever new codes were added is causing the game to read the brsar somewhat differently, and causing odd behavior when it didn't used to.
UH WHAT I JUST CHECKED MY BRSAR AND SOME CHARACTER FILES ARE MISSING WTF

Top Bottom