• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Changes from 3.6b to 3.6 Final

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dash Attack
--Left foot enlargement reduced to 1.3

Smashes
-Forward Smash
--IASA increased from 46 to 49.

Aerials
-Down Aerial
--Hits on frames 12-13. Front and center hitboxes are 14% DMG, 35 angle, 30 BKB, 80 KBG, 4.5 size.
Rear hitbox is 11% DMB, 361 angle, 20 BKB, 90 KBG, 5.8 size
--Altered animation to have more force behind it.
Aerials
-Down Aerial
--Hits on frames 12-13. All hitboxes are 14% DMG, 35 angle, 30 BKB, 75 KBG, 4.25 size.
--Altered animation to have more force behind it.

Specials
-Neutral Special
--Can grab the ledge during the ending animation

Misc
-Rolls and Spotdodge frame data normalized. To see a list of values changed, consult these charts: Rolls before. Rolls after. Spotdodges before. Spotdodges after.

Let's talk about it.

One thing that might not be obvious is the buffs MK gets from the changes to rolls. According to this thread on reddit, MK is in the group of characters that benefited most from this change.

Also, I love that Tornado can grab ledge now.

Narelex

Smash Journeyman
Roll buffs are nice, Ledgehop Dair's potency was reduced somewhat. I love the fact we can grab out of tornado now. Not having to wait like 50 frames for the grab-box to appear is wonderful.

Fsmash ISA isn't a huge deal either since it already basically had no endlag. Not sure what to make of the Dash attack change.

Overall he's in a good place still and I will continue to hone my blade.

Last edited:

Phubs

Smash Cadet
Is the dash attack change an aesthetic thing or does it affect the hitboxes

MegaAmoonguss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegaAmoonguss
3DS FC
2251-4929-9404
After playing 3.6 final MK for quite a bit, the only thing that has really affected me at all is the dair changes. I've been able to notice that the reverse hitbox is weaker, but even then it's not that big of a deal. I didn't even remember he got dash attack and f-smash changes until I read this again, they're really not noticeable.

I actually haven't tried the tornado ledgegrab yet, gotta remember to pull that off as a nice recovery mixup.

As for the roll changes, I'll have to check that out, because I don't even remember reading that in the notes, but if it's a buff for MK then I have to read about how to use it to its fullest potential lol

Overall I would say he isn't really changed that much, which I don't mind at all :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom