• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chaingrabbing video

Necrojinsei

Smash Cadet
Thank you for posting this, we needed some visual representation so that more people could understand the combo. I appreciate you posting it!

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Thank you for posting this, we needed some visual representation so that more people could understand the combo. I appreciate you posting it!
Instead of thinking of this as a true chain grab or a way to continue a combo think of it as a reset. There's yet to be a found percents to make this guaranteed but it puts us in a immediately position of advantage which we can use to begin a new combo.

Once again great thread @ _Tree _Tree ...but.. even though you did touch on it I would of liked if you mention how some B moves like mega man up B or 'rush cancel' can help you escape this semi combo chain grab.

edit: Please do down B edge cancels next ^-^ if needed I can supply a full picture of my avatar <3

Last edited:

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I'm gonna make a video about this sometime next week where I show how people can get out of it too. But this is great. thanks!

?.?

Smash Journeyman
Your voice so smooth, thanks for the vid I'm sure a lot of people needed it and will now be able to help.

Last edited:

[NameGoesHere]

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4356-2722-9069
FRC FTW! This is a wild guess and unrelated to the topic but is your team lighting Robotics by any chance?
And on the topic of the chaingrabing can this be combo'ed in to an U smash like greninja's? For what ever reason i can preform th e Uair spike and would like to know T.T

?.?

Smash Journeyman
FRC FTW! This is a wild guess and unrelated to the topic but is your team lighting Robotics by any chance?
And on the topic of the chaingrabing can this be combo'ed in to an U smash like greninja's? For what ever reason i can preform th e Uair spike and would like to know T.T
It can be it's not a true combo, testing is still being done by many of the sheik mains on this board to figure out the limits of this tech. Hell even the grab combo itself currently isn't a true combo, I've had people buffer rolls out of it and I've had to tech chase instead.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
It's not a true combo. They can roll out of it on the ground

If you aren't spaced correctly you can get hit out of the uair before your opponent even touches the ground.

Jackson

Smash Lord
Awesome video Tree. Your voice is really soothing, lol. Thanks for shouting me out!

I'm gonna add this video to the AT thread as it really helps demonstrate the chaingrab.

Anuran

Smash Apprentice
As a member of the pm samus community where everyone is constantly at each others throats about frame data and such, its really nice to have the members of the boards be supporting of one another. I'm really looking forward to exploring sm4sh sheik with you guys!

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
A video about burst grenade stuff is next (ledge nading etc), but more things about B-fish will be after that, which will include down-b edge cancels. Of course credit for whoever discovered/created the tech is always given.

Jackson

Smash Lord
As a member of the pm samus community where everyone is constantly at each others throats about frame data and such, its really nice to have the members of the boards be supporting of one another. I'm really looking forward to exploring sm4sh sheik with you guys!
The same to you! We seem to have a friendly and smart group of players here.

Yeah, keep up the good work @ _Tree _Tree !

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I am not sure if this has been touched upon, but Mega Man can Rush Coil out of her U-air when she is fast falling it. Technically he can't escape the move when it isnt being canceled into grab but he will when she fast falls.

You might want to check if Diddy can escape too but he may be too light for it to work as well. I've only had success on characters like Bowser and Charizard getting them up to around 56%-60%

Anjo_Smash

Smash Rookie
I think this might be guaranteed on ganon though I could be wrong I always have success with this tech in that MU. It seems he is still stunned when I grab.

GeoX

Smash Cadet
Cool video, I am just terrible at doing the uair correctly after shorthopping. It seems I always use my second jump at the same time I input the uair. No idea how to keep this from happening either

Wasserwipf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wasserwipf
3DS FC
2809-9876-8323
Cool video, I am just terrible at doing the uair correctly after shorthopping. It seems I always use my second jump at the same time I input the uair. No idea how to keep this from happening either
Remove the stickjump, maybe? This helps a lot. with everything. Except Up-B out of Shield.. but were talking Sheik here, so what.

Top Bottom