• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

cfg "too many codes" error

chaosscizzors

Smash Journeyman
Is there a workaround or an alternative usb loader I can use to get project m working? From what I've read online it seems that cfg has the 256 lines limit and they're not going to change that.

it would be nice if my wii didn't break EVERY YEAR and I could just maybe use the damn dvd drive. Thanks for the great product nintendo.[\spoiler]

chaosscizzors

Smash Journeyman
That's good to hear. I was gonna try that out next but I haven't had much of a chance to connect to the internet lately. Do I need to install an ios or will the d2x v6 I have on there right now do the job?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
you need to have gameconfig.txt in the root of your sd card in order to exceed loading more than 256 lines of code. if you dont have the gameconfig.txt already then download any version of pm from the site and it should have it. then place the gameconfig.txt in your root.

chaosscizzors

Smash Journeyman
i've had gameconfig.txt in the root this whole time. the only thing i've altered was removing boot.elf because i thought that was for the stage loader exploit. i've copied the project m files to SD, the usb used to load all my homebrew apps and the hdd used to load the game itself; all files unaltered except for the boot.elf i mentioned. i tried used usb loader gx but it couldn't locate the codes file in drive:/codes/. i'm about to try using wiiflow with hermies ios 222 to see if i have any better luck.

chaosscizzors

Smash Journeyman
I got some of the codes working in gx by setting orcarina to on in the game loading tab but the majority of the codes won't load and it crashes when a match starts. Haven't had a chance to mess with wiiflow yet. Thoughts?

Top Bottom