• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Capcom Character Discussion

Do you want Nintendo to buy Capcom?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocolatePancake

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChocolateWaffles
3DS FC
0920-1214-6221
Since Capcom is up for sale, a majority of fans want Nintendo to buy the company, but what would that mean for Smash Bros? We already have Mega Man in the upcoming game, but if Nintendo buys Capcom, we could see characters like Ryu (Street Fighter) and Viewtiful Joe (Viewtiful Joe) enter the ring in future installments! What characters from Capcom would you like to see battle Mario, Link and Samus?

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I don't think Nintendo will buy Capcom. They could buy one or more franchises, but not the whole company.

And I think one Capcom rep is enough. I wouldn't be opposed to Capcom-related Assist Trophies, though, like maybe Ryu and Phoenix Wright.

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Well... I don't think my favorite capcom character is gonna happen...

Buuuut I wouldn't mind more Capcom characters, I just don't know who'd they choose.

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
I think they should let Sony or someone buy the company. The characters seem like a better fit for those consoles.

As for smash, I think the 3 third party characters they have now is enough. They're all video game legends and 4 or 5 characters would be a little much. My opinion :3

jigglover

Smash Lord
I think they should let Sony or someone buy the company. The characters seem like a better fit for those consoles.

As for smash, I think the 3 third party characters they have now is enough. They're all video game legends and 4 or 5 characters would be a little much. My opinion :3
I reluctantly agree; Street Fighter on a Nintendo console would just feel way too out of place, and I've never really cared for Mega Man in the first place.

I think that if individual franchises are up for sale, though, Nintendo should go for Phoenix Wright and Mega Man (Phoenix Wright first though) because he is honestly best known for his games on Nintendo systems (all of which I am yet to have played. Ughhhh) But those two characters fit Nintendo's style of gaming well. The others... they fit Playstation much better.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

Except Sony can't really afford to do that. They're in too much financial difficulties right now to be able to buy Capcom. Plus the only other company besides Nintendo that could actually buy Capcom right now is some anime/movie/ero/video game publisher (Kadokawa) that isn't exactly a good company to work with. (They force a lot of unneeded stuff onto games apparently.)

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I just want them to buy Megaman, to be honest. That way they could at least re-release the Sony exclusive games.
And then of course, do some kind of reboot of one of the series. Or a 2.5D remake of the classics.

As for what other Capcom character I'd like to see. Only Nathan Spencer from Bionic Commando comes to mind, nobody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom