• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cancelled-IVC Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament club fundraiser - November 16th, 2013 - Irvine, CA

ArkDom

Smash Rookie
My college's Gamers Club is holding a Melee tournament as a fundraiser to raise money for the club on November 16th.

Tournament has been cancelled.

[Registration below]
[Melee Singles]
[Double Elimination]
[Bring your own controller*]

The Apex rules set will be used:

Stage List:
  • Yoshi's Story
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Dream Land
  • Pokemon Stadium (Counterpick)
-First stage will be chosen by striking stages in order of P1-P2-P2-P1, with the remaining stage being chosen
-After the first game, the winning player chooses character first followed by the losing player
-Then the winning player bans one stage and losing player chooses a stage
-Players cannot counterpick a stage they already won on unless agreed to by both players

-4 stocks, 8 minute time-limit, items off
-Best of 3 matches
  • Grand Final will be best of 3 sets
-Wobbling is legal
-Game stalling is illegal, i.e. freezing and infinite stalling
-Matches that end by time-out will be decided by remaining stock(s), then by current % if both have the same number of stock(s)
-If % is also equal, that match will be replayed with the same characters and stage
-Pausing is allowed only on the conditions that the player pauses on his/her own respawn platform in order to summon a tournament organizer or in case there is a controller malfunction.
-No coaching players unless in between matches for a short period
-Please make sure to make it to your match when you are called
  • 5 minutes late results in one match loss
  • 10 minutes late results in a set loss
*Controllers may not have any gameplay altering/enhancing mods. If the controller is a third-party controller that comes with a turbo feature or a similar function, then it will be allowed. However, any suspected use of such features will be dealt with and may result in disqualification

$5 entry fee**
1st, 2nd, 3rd prizes of 50%, 25%, 10%, respectively.
15% will go to the club hosting the tournament.

First come, first serve basis for participation.
Limit of 32 participants, so slots are limited.
Pre-registration ends November 9th, one week before tournament date.
Pre-registration will now be until November 13.
Registration at-the-door will remain $5, however any participants that registered early will have priority for his or her slot.

Tournament will be held inside the Student Services Center (SSC)
Campus map:
http://www.ivc.edu/resources/maps/Pages/campus_map.aspx

**Due to the where the tournament is hosted, those who plan to park on-campus will need to purchase a one-day parking permit for $2 unless the person already owns an IVC semester parking permit. I recommend car-pooling if you can.

Tournament information is subject to change at any time before tournament date. Information will be posted when it comes up.

Register here:
http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/ekloeRFUrc
If you don't have a Challonge account, message me so I can register you.

Top Bottom