• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can you guys try this out?? Rest-Technique

6th Sense

Smash Lord
Okay its very simple....when your opponent is shielding and you are right next to them, full jump all the way to the left or right to the climax of your jump then aim to land in midair above your opponent who more often then not will still be in the same spot and open up their shield as they think you are not a threat anymore or maybe they begin their airial attack out of a shield....i dont know why it works but punish them with a rest in mid-air!

YES IT IS VERY VERY SIMPLE!! I'm not sure if it works but it has in the past against many people I have played so I want others to try to test it out against others.......soooooo get 2 it!!

feedback pleeeaaase

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
how are you gonna get the rest past the aerial?

unless you can rest them before the attack comes out... in which case your opponents are stupid

but... if it works... it still is pretty risky... missed rests = death, alot of the time

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Anything that gets them to drop their shield is great, like waiting next to a shielding opponent works this way on occasion too, but this won't work against high-level pros.

Metà

Smash Master
Try the D-throw to rest. I call it the "You're an idiot for not DI'ing, you had plenty of time to hold any direction on the joystick, what the hell were you thinking?"

6th Sense

Smash Lord
Wow i was expecting more harsh replys but thanx for keeping it suffisticated!!

wothefwasthat: there is no aerial attack

you guys should try it though.. it is pretty risky but it is kinda like your last trick up your sleeve......

Ame$

Smash Apprentice
try to CC an attack and then --> rest ( works only at low percentage )
i call it landmine ( kk in german it sounds better )

Mr. Matic

Smash Rookie
My favorite is punishing people for bad DI by resting every time they stay too close after I land an aerial attack. basically, there is that short period of time between you landing the attack and them recovering....if they don't DI away, you can rest in that moment.

And, don't say it only works against noobs....I get at least 1 per match playing against Kishsquared.....(and others at various small tournaments)

Top Bottom