• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can u tech Up-B?

Buddha

Smash Apprentice
like the title says... can you tech the IC's Up-B? Also, can you tech Nana's part too? Im thinking the answer to the second is no, but just wanted to see what others have to say or if they've done it.

ive searched swf and practiced and practiced some more, cant seem to pull it off a teched Up-B. nor have i ever seen it in a video. thanks in advance.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Define "teched Up-B".

Can your opponent tech an IC player's up-b? Of course, any move is techable. It also depends on what kind of tech you want... wall techs are a natural yes, but you can only ground tech the move if you're on the ground and below a certain percent, like how you can tech most upsmashes at low percent if you crouch cancel them.

Buddha

Smash Apprentice
sorry for the confusion... i meant LEDGETECHING the ICs belay. ive never seen it done, nor have can i do it in practice. such as ledgeteching a hit to a walljump then solo squalling back on stage cus that would be teh sex. or maybe JUST teching nana's part of the belay. pretty sure its a no on that one but i was just wondering if this is possible at all or am i just wasting my time? thoughts?

Lixivium

Smash Champion
You lose control of Nana during the belay so SHE will never tech a hit. Popo can tech if he's against the wall, but this doesn't happen often because most IC's belay when they're away from the edge.

floe

Smash Rookie
I don't know if this is considered teching, but...
If you jump or wavedash onto a ledge, Nana will jump and go on the stage while you grab the edge. If you let go of the edge, jump and Belay (Up + B) while under Nana. If timed correctly, they will begin the Belay animation, but immediately Popo will grab the ledge again, and Nana will appear on the stage instead of be launched in the air.
I guess this would be called a Belay Edge-Cancel then...

Top Bottom