• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

can someone explain the super missle

nitro_rev

Smash Cadet
this is my first post so go easy on me.

I don't quite understand how the super missle is used, something to do with the smash attack... anyway, can anybody give me your insight?

Phazon_Dude

Smash Apprentice
Wah???????????????????????????????????????????? It is used by pressing B and then quickly pressing forward. Homing missile is used by pressing forward and then quickly pressing B. The super missile moves directly forward and has great (well in this brawl, decent) knock back.

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
It is used by pressing B and then quickly pressing forward.
No, that will cause you to start charging your Charge Beam and then do a shield roll. To fire a Super Missile, you press B and smash left or right on the joystick simultaneously, like doing a smash attack without the C-stick.

Phazon_Dude

Smash Apprentice
NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO. My definition of quickly is right after, so fast that Samus doesn't have time to shoot a charge beam attack. You have to do it so fast that its pretty much like doing them at the same time. Try pressing B and forward lightly it will not change from super to homing. Unless they changed it in Brawl...

kr3wman

Smash Master
NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO. My definition of quickly is right after, so fast that Samus doesn't have time to shoot a charge beam attack. You have to do it so fast that its pretty much like doing them at the same time. Try pressing B and forward lightly it will not change from super to homing. Unless they changed it in Brawl...
If you press it after inputing "B", you're gonna do a Charge Shot.

Zindura

Smash Cadet
2nd opinion!

Super Missile = B + Jam Control Stick Forward (Smash Attack Motion)

Goes perfectly horizontal, travels quickly, larger knockback.

Homing Missle = B + Tilt Stick Forward (Tilt Attack Motion)

Will home in on the enemy, travels more slowly, lesser knockback.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
yeah pretty much just think about it like this:

Power missile = a forward smash, but with B instead of A
Homing Missile = a forward tilt, but with B instead of A

simple stuff

X Megadragon

Smash Cadet
Yeah, that's all there is to it. Picture the B button as an A button and preform a Fsmash.

Phazon_Dude

Smash Apprentice
Super Missile = B + Jam Control Stick Forward (Smash Attack Motion)

Goes perfectly horizontal, travels quickly, larger knockback.

Homing Missle = B + Tilt Stick Forward (Tilt Attack Motion)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.. I used to do it this way, my result was never perfect. I usually always ended up with the super missile when I tried homing. But when I tried timing it with my way, I got the exact result I wanted every time, also pressing forward right after or in other words at the same time but just a millisecond later will prevent massive screwing up with your gc controller..

See, it even says my way in Serebii:
http://serebii.net/ssbb/characters/samus.shtml

Top Bottom