• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can i get some jigglypuff advice?

waynefox

Smash Cadet
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2563042409048710326&hl=en

i would like some advice on how im doing useing jugglypuff shes one of 4 (or 5) characters i feel i can use the best for me atleast

and i was wondering how i was doing
please note I DONT konw any of the advanced techniques at all like wavdasking or edgeguarding or anyhting like though im learning them

and i was fighting a CPU LV 7 only cause theres noone else around here that plays and LV 9 CPU i was told was not good to train on
this is my first video theres no special anything there its just a plain match
the only thing i ask is dont be cruel if i really am that bad

Thanks for taking the time to give your opinion

Pine

Smash Ace
ok im sure you know this but you have a lot of work to do

the major thing you really need to work on is to be in the air more..jiggly has one of the best or the best airial games with her bair especially

dont use the dash attack...ever...or very rarely

dont really use the foward tilt...its range is awful...replace it with a fair or bair...

be in the air more

anticipate where your opponent is going in recovery to punish...remember jiggz has the best edgeguarding with her jumps and amazing airials....

be in the air more...

anoything thing jiggz doesnt need WDing that much due to her being in the air so much....my advice is to firsat learn the wop just to get timing and speed down in the air....

then move on to edgeguarding it a huge part of jiggz game...if you watch any video or combo video of any jiggly a lot of it is off the stage...

try to watch some vids or read some guides and just keep practicing man youll get there

remember....be in the air more ;) its a beautiful thing to have so many jumps...take advantage to it....sometimes only hit the ground to get your jumps back :)

-pine

waynefox

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the tips ill work on improving my game
i have a few other characters and as as soon as google videos gets done processing them

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I'm not a jiggs player, nor is jiggs my secondary, but I think I can say that one advantage that jiggs has that only peach has is the ability to chase someone off the ledge and completely push them off.

Now, keep in mind it's not always the best tactic since somebody could actually catch you with an air while they're recovering, if you could hit somebody with say, a bair, and follow them out and continue fairs before they get out of their recovery frames, you could push 'em completely off (or into a real bad position atleast).

As for actual edgeguarding, if someone's a ways out, you could fall a little ways and go for a bair, or you could fall on em and do a nair and trade with them (if it's safe to trade with their up-b). It's not always a safe option, but I play against a jiggs player who does that to me alot, and it's sometimes successful.

obviously, if you're going to go for rest, make sure that you will hit it. Kinda goes without say, but i've seen people try it for no reason whatsoever.

Speaking of rest, there are a few rest tricks/traps/combos that are pretty good.

- On fox/falco|| Uthrow -> rest || They can di out of the throw, and if they do dont try it, but if you get em to go straight up, you can rest them @ 0% (prior to the throw, that is)

- many characters (pretty much anybody who doesnt float, i think) || DThrow - Rest || Again, they can DI out of this (DI means directional influence, btw), and they will have more time to DI out since it's a slow throw, but again, if you catch em sleeping, there's a chance for rest if you want it.

- "The" jiggs combo || (falling uair) -> utilt -> rest || I put the falling uair in parenthesis because it's not specifically required. You'll do it if you're trying to do this combo offensivly (i.e. falling into somebody for the falling uair). But all you need is the up tilt to pop them up (which can be done as a counter to a miss) and then go for rest... or chain a few up tilts to be safe. However you play.

Again, i'm not a jiggs player, nor do i claim to be one on tv. I just play against jiggs alot, i've messed with jiggs some, so i think I have some helpful advice.

Dont take what I say to heart.

But like pine says, the sure fired way to get some advice is to watch some videos of some good players. (And yes, you can find videos of bad players, so make sure you find the good ones >.< )

Watch em, take what chya like, practice it, and you'll get your own lil twists once you start getting successful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOMtfk45CSI

here's a good combo video by TheKing, which shows some kool stuff, and has (what I believe) the most valuable quote in SSBM.

"You are not better than me, nor are you worse than me. You do a certain style, I do a certain style. That is all"

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Ignoring the fact that it's a computer, and I saw a few computer stupidity related suicides:

If Ganon is off the edge of the stage, he should be dead. If Ganon is doing an u-tilt, neutral-b, or up-b for no reason, rest him. Also, stop rolling, and just run. Rolling is a bad habit that slows a lot of people down considerably from just running. Or, just get in the air. B-air more. A lot more.. ^_^

waynefox

Smash Cadet
yea this was actualy a 3td take cause the first one the cpu went stupid and killed it self like 3 times

and the second one it got smart and i rolled off edge 2 times

but im seeing stay in the air and Bair and Fair alot (and if im not mistakeen that mean Forward A in the air and Backwards A in the Air right?)

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Play one of your friends, and then post that video.. Human opponents are totally different from CPU ones.. Without human interaction no1 can give you good advice.

Pine

Smash Ace
Play one of your friends, and then post that video.. Human opponents are totally different from CPU ones.. Without human interaction no1 can give you good advice.

i dont think thats completely true.....we can obviously see that he rolls to much and that he dash attacks to much

yes it is better x 100 to have a human opponent but you can see mistakes in his style with any opponent

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Playing CPU's will give you CPU mindgames and technical skill. That is all. and considering this game is 80% mindgames... watching someone play a CPU will allow us to do nothing except say --> "Get Better/Practice More".

Write That Down.

waynefox

Smash Cadet
i wouod play aginst other humans side one key thing theres no one else here in my tiny town
of kingwood that even knows what a gamecube controler is let alone knows how to play
UNLESS i REALLY dont get out enough and have missed someone i am kinda practicing with a few other characters i believe im not half bad with either
Fox Zelda/shiek and gannondorf make up the rest of my team

Top Bottom