• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Camping vs spacies

j3ly

Smash Champion
Sorry for posting a new thread, i couldent find information for the questions i need asking on the boards, i tried ^^. im sorry.

Ok, so i am a Mario main. Mario probably has one of the worst camps in the game, imo. I could be wrong.. i don't think that i am though

Seriously, I've played his exclusively for 8 months now, relying on spamming aerials -> huge combo. My brain had no understanding of 'camping' or 'safe.' This wasn't for lack of trying to understand - my brain just couldent get around it.

I played as Peach seriously yesterday for the first time. A Luigi, and i finally understand camping! After one night my knowledge is still very small, but as far as I could make out, the style of Peach i would like is that of camp+bait -> huge setup -> edgeguard, preferably holding a turnip during the setup for an extendurr.

I will level - the Luigi was awful, like not many AT's, but that is irrelevant because it made me finally see how counter-strategising works. His standard approach was too do a FH/SH aerial, but only after he saw my move, in a bid to counter with high priority dair. With Peach the jump was almost top easy to bait, then i just needed to float until he mistimed an aerial. Now he eats fair -> filth combo. This is exciting for me, my brain just opened to a whole new dimension of smash.

Ok, awesome my introduction is finished. Lets not waste time talking about the Luigi Peach matchup, nor waste time saying "OMGZZZ any good Luigi will do this to Peach, not FH dair!!111111!" Because its pointless and irrelevant; i',m not too sure why i typed that large into in but meh.

I am not a person who favors camping - unless the campee is very skilled in setups+comboing, it makes for a boring match. But seeing how much of an easy time Peach has with it (as far as i know - my knowledge is limited that is why i made this thread), and seeing how camp->setup will work fine (as opposed to boring jiggs just going by camping attrition -_-), I don't think i can resist playing an aggressive Peach, who can camp very well if she needs to.

Onto the matter in hand, how does one float camp against Fox/Falco when they feel it? You cant really float above the respective lasers, they will just FH and shoot you regardless. Plus if your too high surely you will miss your opening for an attack -> filthy setup? If you try camping fox, won't a good fox just laser camp you right back. And falco, again - go too high, you miss an opening, go too low eat a laser which (does it?) cancels your float. Ofc chaingrabs will be in the agenda. I do not need information on approaching fox (i want to work all of that kinda stuff out myself), as i said i am very unfamiliar with camping as a whole.

I really like how a Peach can float, and analyze how her opponent attacks. From all the characters I have played, Peach seems to have the easiest time analyzing the other players play style, and that is super cool ^^

All in all i now love Peach, she enabled my brain to understand the 2 concepts that lack of understanding of were probably hurting me. Who knows, I think i may even finally have found a high tier that i enjoy as much as Mario.

j3ly

Smash Champion
awesome, i'm thinking maybe he can hit you on the way down, but i guess by that time he will eat nair/uair to the face :)

that doesn't solve the fox problem though, is that just a bad matchup for a campy peach?

TresChikon

Smash Lord
That height will force Falco to make a laser specifically for that one height, which puts himj in an awkward position, so you can take advantage of that.

Samochan

Smash Master
I don't really see how falco would be unable to hit peach out of any float height, considering his first full jump is the highest in the game. <_< I don't recommend camping against spacies (especially fox), because you will lose if they are any good. However if you are really awesome with powershielding and avoiding lasers in general and using platforms a lot, you could in theory camp falco some and look for openings. I don't recomment it though with their best projectiles in the game and way faster characters and dash dances and shieldpressure and whatnot.

j3ly

Smash Champion
cool, that was the answer i waws lookig for. I dont favour camping anyway, but for the option to be open to me is good

Top Bottom