• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C-c-c-combooo

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Let's play a little game. It's a little exercise I just came up with to help Luigis with their comboing ability! I will start with one move, then the next person will say the opponents reaction, then the next person will say Luigi's reaction. If the opponent cannot react or it's extremely minor, please say so and then you can just say Luigi's next move.

Here's an example:

Me: Luigi Dthrows Pichu at 0%!
You: Pichu DI's towards you!
Someone else: SHBair!

:D

Please give a brief explanation of your choice (unless it's a reaction to the Luigi's move). I'm hoping this thread sparks some discussion on Luigi's different options in different situations. If you disagree with someone's choice of move for Luigi, feel free to say so and explain why!

Let's start with a fun one.

Fox at 0%

Uthrow. Middle of FD. Luigi is facing left

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Wavedash forward and Upward tilted Ftilt

Fox DIs away and misses the ground tech

^ to mix it up and give you a chance to combo xD

Another thing I realized, because this isn't being consistently tested, not all of the combos may be accurate. Nonetheless, the situations are valid and the goal of this thread to help with combo option knowledge is still reached.

L__

Smash Master
Wavedash left, fullhop, wait for roll/getup attack/standing tech -> nair

And thank you. :D

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Nair? Hmm.. I think it's a bit difficult to land the Nair after you've already fullhopped, and he may end up just laying there. But I'll go with it, let's see what you do.

Falcon rolls and gets hit by the sweetspot of Nair (which I'm assuming is what you were going for?)

L__

Smash Master
Eh, I have a tendency to be a bit flashy if it isn't tournament.

Fair aiming left, to second Fair if at all possible.

I should probably realize what works on a character I've rarely looked at.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I probably would have waited under the platform and SHUair'd him. If he shields, then do a double Uair and possibly jump -> Bair -> Nair for shield pressure.

Fthrow Falco in the middle of Stadium at 0%

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Doesn't Falco fall down? I'm not sure. Oh well

WD forward and jab the shield along the way, then turn around when I pass you and JC grab (pivoted) and Dthrow -> Ftilt

L__

Smash Master
-Tech to the left-

I wasn't entirely sure so I made a guess. It was at 0%, I'll edit the post when I find out later.

nublet06

Smash Lord
hate to kill this thread. but we would of ****ed up on the very first move.

luigi was facing to the left when he threw fox in to the air.

fox DI'd to the left

however we should all know that you can only DI luigis up throw behind luigi (which in this case would be to the right)

so when fox DI to the left, he actually didnt DI at all. he went straight up.

but how did we react to this?

Wavedash forward and Upward tilted Ftilt.

this would of completely missed because fox would of gone straight up and we would miss ahaha.

then fox runs and does nair to shine, we slide off the level try to jump back on and get shined again. gg next stock. ahahahah sorry to buzz kill.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
wait which way is luigi facing?
was the tech to left towards or away from him?
I'd probably do the same response to the tech either way.
nublet06 = wrong

You forgot that after the Uthrow we Dsmashed and THEN Fox DI'd to the left.
:laugh:

Also, it would be easier if you quoted at least one or two of the previous responses in your post so it is easier to follow. So when random posts like above happen. Edit out parts that don't apply.

WD forward and jab the shield along the way, then turn around when I pass you and JC grab (pivoted) and Dthrow -> Ftilt
-Tech to the left-
I'm much more simple than SmashGOD. Regardless of tech I would

WD towards and JC grab --> upthrow. Falco DI's back - so straight up - and is in the ~30% range

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Here's one that I think everyone struggles with.

I want serious answers on what would be the BEST possible option.

vs Falco
both 150%
last stock
Dreamland

Falco is on the far left edge of the stage, just landed laglessly after shooting a laser.

You're just out of ftilt range and JUST got hit with a lazer to the face.

What do you do?

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord

vs Falco
both 150%
last stock
Dreamland

Falco is on the far left edge of the stage, just landed laglessly after shooting a laser.

What do you do?
So Falco is probably either A. Approaching you with either Dair --> Shine pressure or Nair-->pressure or B. Shooting more lasers.

I don't know. For A. Out of habit I would throw my shield up if Falco can't get to me quick enough and try to N-air out of shield after his shine for the KO. For B. I would try to get my shield up before the next laser. And either WD --> F-tilt or Jump --> WD on plat --> Isai to d-air?

This is so tricky though because if I went up on the platform, falco would move out from under me probably. Changing my options. Or come up with dair. Who knows?

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer

vs Falco
both 150%
last stock
Dreamland

What do you do?
Wait for a dair and up+b out of shield. WIN!

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
what if he lazer>grabs? back throw>edgeguard you could lose off that.

Shielding is no doubt the best option to avoid an instant kill move but he can set up from that.

You should have the advantage here, so why shield when you can stand there and make him feel unsafe too?

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Because you just got lazered and Falco likes to lazer to begin combos. In this situation I think you should just roll/wavedash away before Falco gets the upper hand ._.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
So we have a roll/WD backwards to the middle predicting a Falco pressure lazer approach

A shield predicting a dair/nair approach to counter

I would simple walk backwards a step. If he approaches with Dair/Nair, I'll be moving out of the way, if he lasers, I can try to PS (either PS or shield up) and then roll etc if he actually approaches with it.
And options are still open to WD or ftilt or whatever.

A bit of that comes down to what the Falco does but it keeps options open and keeps Falco having to risk making the first move prediction. :\

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
At high %s, I like to keep moving. If you keep your cool but continue to keep moving, there's a chance your opponent may lose themselves a little bit and not see the kill move coming.

What if Falco spaced an Fsmash? If you hit with the end of it, even if Luigi shields it then Falco can move before Luigi wavedashes back and punishes it, so walking back may not work.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
strange, I replied to this yesterday but there's noting here...now I forget what I replied.

Anywho, you mean straight Fsmash or aerial/lazer > fsmash?

Walking back further than your ftilt range gives plenty of distance. If Falco tries to SH anything into fsmash, you can punish him before he lands at that range.

At the highest level of play, one can never rely on "he might not see it coming" because they always will.
At the same time, if they move, you should not be in a situation where you "might not see it coming"
At an advantageous position, you must be effecient with it, not back off.

This moment in a match takes a fraction of a second, but it's an important moment.

Surely there is something safe and efficient, keeping the advantage without giving it away to find another. Stepping back is my best possible idea. There might be something else.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
This Falco situation doesn't really have to do with combos, mainly dodging his hits and getting your final hit. What I would do would vary depending on patterns I noticed in the rest of the match.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
That's what I was looking for :)

Backing off is something to do on the first stock, given it's the first time that situation or anything like it has occured.

Last stock, never back off. If they feel safe and confident predicting your next move, you should feel the same then.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
hahahah yeah words for sure =/= the game.

Probably by that time it'd just be like...wtf you on the ledge for flacoz!??

SH Fair > Falco dies

All day, amirite? ;D

Top Bottom