• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Breakfast General Discussion

Do you eat breakfast?

• Yes!

Votes: 21 75.0%
  • No!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • I don't eat.

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

Poppy JR.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Poppy JR.
3DS FC
3668-8475-0899
The Breakfast General Thread

What is this abomination?

Your go-to spot for general discussion of the preparation and consumption of breakfast foods! Topics can range from:

- Breakfast foods of yesterday, and the future of breakfast foods.
- The importance of a balanced breakfast.
- Fruits.
- "Is breakfast really the most important meal of the day?"
- Eggs and omelets.
- Hash browns and hash brown accessories.
- "Super foods".
- Practical leftover applications.
- Dairy, such as yogurt and cheese.
- Cereals, granolas.
- Unusual breakfast foods.
- Cold pizza, "The Breakfast of Champions".
- Bacon and ham.
- Coffee, tea, and other breakfast drinks.
- Food preparation techniques.
- The latest in breakfast technology.
- Breakfast-centric current events.

...and so on.

But what is breakfast?

Breakfast, as defined by Wikipedia, is:

"
The first meal taken after rising from a night's sleep, most often eaten in the early morning before undertaking the day's work. Among English speakers, "breakfast" can be used to refer to this meal or to refer to a meal composed of traditional breakfast foods (such as eggs, porridge and sausage) served at any time of day. The word literally refers to breaking the fasting period of the prior night... Breakfast foods vary widely from place to place, but often include a carbohydrate such as grains or cereals, fruit, vegetables, a protein food such as eggs, meat or fish, and a beverage such as tea, coffee, milk or fruit juice. Coffee, milk, tea, juice, breakfast cereals, pancakes, waffles, sausages, French toast, bacon, sweetened breads, fresh fruit, vegetables, eggs, mushrooms, baked beans, muffins, crumpets and toast with butter, margarine, jam or marmalade are common examples of Western breakfast foods, though a large range of preparations and ingredients are associated with breakfast globally.

What are the rules?

As far as rules go, the only rules are to keep it clean, and to have fun.

Feel free to post exciting breakfast images, but remember to spoiler your images so as not to make this page super laggy.

Who do I blame thank?
This thread only exists thanks to an off-topic conversation between Cyn Cyn and finalark finalark . All threats praise should go to them.

Big shoutout to Bret Huston Jr. for making the banner image. Thanks!

So, what's next?
Well, I'm gonna make a nice new banner for the top of the OP. Maybe there'll be additional breakfast polls. This thread is definitely a work in progress as of right now.

Poll Results!

"Do you eat breakfast?"

Results coming soon!

Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
What type of breakfast do you eat?

I generally eat eggs, hash browns, and like, a slice of ham or bacon sometimes. If I could be bothered to make them, I would eat waffles every single morning.

I don't really share the same enthusiasm other people seem to have when it comes to traditional breakfast food, though. I just really like waffles.

Poppy JR.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Poppy JR.
3DS FC
3668-8475-0899
On weekdays, I eat a bowl of Grape-Nuts. The stuff is ridiculously filling.

On weekends, I tend to have time to be able to actually prepare a breakfast, so I'll make an omelet or bacon and eggs. I love waffles, so I make those sometimes. Oh yeah, and coffee is a must.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I generally eat eggs, hash browns, and like, a slice of ham or bacon sometimes. If I could be bothered to make them, I would eat waffles every single morning.

I don't really share the same enthusiasm other people seem to have when it comes to traditional breakfast food, though. I just really like waffles.
TBH i don't really eat that much breakfast mostly due to the fact that i have very little time to eat before school but in weekends i eat very little and i would like advice for what to eat in weekends. :)

Poppy JR.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Poppy JR.
3DS FC
3668-8475-0899
TBH i don't really eat that much breakfast mostly due to the fact that i have very little time to eat before school but in weekends i eat very little and i would like advice for what to eat in weekends. :)
I recommend omelets. Easy to make, delicious, (can be) nutritious, and you can throw practically anything in there. I like making a cheese and ham omelet and then topping it with chunky salsa. That'll start your day off right.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I recommend omelets. Easy to make, delicious, (can be) nutritious, and you can throw practically anything in there. I like making a cheese and ham omelet and then topping it with chunky salsa. That'll start your day off right.
Thank you! :b: Il continue to post here.

Last edited:

Poppy JR.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Poppy JR.
3DS FC
3668-8475-0899
Accidentally double-posted, so I'll just ask: what do you guys drink at breakfast?

I like coffee, myself.

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
When it comes to breakfast, I usually just go with a bowl of cereal. But if I have time I'll make myself some pancakes and over easy eggs will a tall glass of milk. If I'm eating out I usually try to get a slice of ham with that.

Poppy JR.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Poppy JR.
3DS FC
3668-8475-0899
When it comes to breakfast, I usually just go with a bowl of cereal. But if I have time I'll make myself some pancakes and over easy eggs will a tall glass of milk. If I'm eating out I usually try to get a slice of ham with that.
You're not a member of the waffle master race? Pity.

Not that pancakes are bad.

Poppy JR.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Poppy JR.
3DS FC
3668-8475-0899
Not to say that waffles aren't fantastic, I just don't have a waffle iron anymore.

RIP waffle iron.
Gone, but not forgotten.

Have you ever cooked eggs in a waffle maker? Turns out better than you'd think.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Wow. You actually made this a thing. Lol. I like how you managed to make the OP like 10 times longer than it needed to be. Thanks for the shout-out, @ Poppy JR. Poppy JR.

Edit: I like Frosted Mini-Wheats.

Last edited:
Wow. You actually made this a thing. Lol. I like how you managed to make the OP like 10 times longer than it needed to be. Thanks for the shout-out, @ Poppy JR. Poppy JR.

Edit: I like Frosted Mini-Wheats.
I enjoy Frosted Mini-Wheats, but you really have to eat them in like, 10 seconds. Any longer and they turn into a gross soggy mess.

I'm not a fan of cereal, really. If I ever stoop that low, though, I'll eat Raisin Bran or Cheerios.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I enjoy Frosted Mini-Wheats, but you really have to eat them in like, 10 seconds. Any longer and they turn into a gross soggy mess.
I disagree, semi soggy mini-wheats is the only way they can be eaten. MW have a rather large unit of cereal in comparison to most cereals so they can be a little too crunchy.

Anything with breakfast ham is usually pretty good too. I don't really care for fruit for breakfast unless it is in a juice form.

Poppy JR.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Poppy JR.
3DS FC
3668-8475-0899
I disagree, semi soggy mini-wheats is the only way they can be eaten. MW have a rather large unit of cereal in comparison to most cereals so they can be a little too crunchy.

Anything with breakfast ham is usually pretty good too. I don't really care for fruit for breakfast unless it is in a juice form.
I find that semi-soggy is the best way. Otherwise, they're just way too crunchy. Isn't it awesome when you find double mini-wheats that are stuck together? It's double the fun.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I find that semi-soggy is the best way. Otherwise, they're just way too crunchy. Isn't it awesome when you find double mini-wheats that are stuck together? It's double the fun.
YES!!! It's like a bonus in my bowl.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Subscribing to the breakfast thread with this post~

finalark

SNORLAX
What's your guy's favorite cereal? Mine tends to change constantly, but I usually end up coming back to Coco Puffs and Frosted Mini Wheats.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Captain Crunch, Fruity/Coco Pebbles

Cocopuffs are boring. Frosted Mini Wheats I LOVE. Excellent texture.

What's your guy's favorite cereal? Mine tends to change constantly, but I usually end up coming back to Coco Puffs and Frosted Mini Wheats.
As I stated earlier, I'm a fan of Raisin Bran and regular Cheerios. I have been known to get down with several bowls of Frosted Mini Wheats, and the occasional bowl of Frosted Flakes.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
That looks tasty.
Thank you. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, to be honest.

Speaking of which, there's a Denny's opening soon down the street from where I live. I can have breakfast anytime I want now (during days I don't feel like making it myself).

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Imagine if Captain Falcon had his own cereal brand.
Nintendo and Tropicana or some other juice company need to collaborate. The idea sells itself. I know I wouldn't hesitate to eat eggs and falcon punch if the opportunity arose.

Edit: Apparently, the powers that be are one step ahead of me:

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
If I could I'd eat breakfast three times a day lmao
If I'm not lazy I'll usually make pancakes
But it's usually toast, tea, and some fruits

Top Bottom