• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl animations

JUGGERNAUT043

Smash Apprentice
as everyone has probably noticed ganondorf uses mostly the exact same animations for his dair and fair, which his dair was an exact copy of captain falcons, now i know all the melee lovers and pures will bash me but im curious why the brawl animations were not used for his fair and dair, they look much more ganonesc, and for the creators i have looked into the brawl box and looked at the hit box chart and frame data and seen that both animations hitboxs are fine and practically no diffrent, only changes that were needed was the lowering of the model to make the melee landing detection work properly, and a 4 frame reduction on the fair, so im wondering why these animations wernt used? and to the ppl who read this and that had played brawl would u like the brawl animations or the melee animations more if they do not effect gameplay? thank you for reading

Forlorn Penguin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ForlornPenguin
It's been a long time since I've played vBrawl and I don't remember there even being a difference in the fair animation. I do remember the change in his dair animation though and I do prefer the vBrawl animation over the Melee/Project M one.

AncientPancakes

Smash Cadet
I am not a fan of Ganon's vbrawl fair animation, and I think PM's looks much better. Dair I could go either way, they both are fine.

JUGGERNAUT043

Smash Apprentice
to each there own, my thing is it just seems more like the "skull crusher" alot of ppl have dubbed it, and seems nice to not be pure melee esch if it doesnt have to be

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
well imo the vBrawl FAir had a really awful landing animation. It caused his attack to just stop before he landed. Melee FAir is much more smooth and just looks better. Plus I never want to even think about Ganon being as terrible as his brawl form. As for DAir, that move looked like ganon had a stick up his butt. Kinda like his run animation in brawl. The only good thing about that DAir was its auto cancel function on short hop. Which with all the tool ganon it would be a mistake to do.

Top Bottom