• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Anti Edgegrabbing Attacks

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
Good stuff to show the newcomers.

F-smash also works at a certain angle.

Keep in mind, this is only after ledge invincibility runs out; after the meta develops and the new ledge mechanics are adapted to, I'm sure fewer and fewer people will allow themselves to become susceptible to these attacks.

Until they do learn though...just keep bopping 'em.

Also in mid/lage-game situations I find D-tilt the best to keep fresh as a kill move for this situation. It's quick and can also catch certain people just before grabbing the ledge if they aren't going for a lower recovery.

Last edited:

Netherfall

Smash Cadet
NNID
bambamboombop
3DS FC
1822-1445-5706
There's nothing more satisfying than landing a F-smash edgeguard.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
The Dair will spike if you short-hop it, also, if your back happens to be right against the ledge, if you jab 1 then short hop to fast fall then you can do a fast ledgegrab, but that's more useful for ledge trumping than punishing someone for hanging around. You could also mix it up with a ledge canceled bomb to change the timing, but generally this would all only be useful while they are in the process of recovering, and are about to ledge grab as opposed to doing it after they've grabbed the ledge already.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
The Dair will spike if you short-hop it, also, if your back happens to be right against the ledge, if you jab 1 then short hop to fast fall then you can do a fast ledgegrab, but that's more useful for ledge trumping than punishing someone for hanging around.
Shorthop Dair Spike sounds mean.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Shorthop Dair Spike sounds mean.
If you get a ledge trump, or if they are hanging around too long, it's a very good way to end their stock, also sorry about the editing in my post there, I kept thinking of stuff I wanted to add at the last minute. You have to start the Dair immediately when you start jumping or you'll just hit them away, which isn't so bad either because Dair is a powerful attack either way. Also, if you Dsmash, that hits on the ledge too, and if you space it right, they won't be able to use any ledge get-up options to escape.

MrEh

Smash Hero
How dare you not show the Dair spike. You're bad and you should feel bad.

Sup Larry.

Anragon

Smash Apprentice
Pivot grabs works in some situations.
I swear to god the range is HACK. You can grab people as their hand are trying to snap the edge.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
How dare you not show the Dair spike. You're bad and you should feel bad.

Sup Larry.
I wish that I could be like the Koopa Kids, cuz all the Koopa Kids they seem to fit in. :(

nothing much you?

Top Bottom