• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazblue Mafia: Game Over! Ouroboros Breaks the Cycle

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
It is now Twilight.

I am currently packing to leave for Thanksgiving and Dietz is already gone, so it may be a minute.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I still think your play was by far the best this game. Everything you did either made you REALLY easy to read as town or you just **** on scum. Great use of your track ability, too. Made days like today and D3 really easy for us.

@ DtJ Glyphmoney DtJ Glyphmoney What was Rake's ability?
His ability is what I based the majority of my claim on. He got an unknown powerup if we NK'd Ragna, but once Ragna wasn't in the game we couldn't pick that up anymore. If any of us tried to shoot Ragna, he would have automatically overridden our kill and done it himself.

Takamagahara

Smash Apprentice
It is now Twilight.

I am currently packing to leave for Thanksgiving and Dietz is already gone, so it may be a minute.
Actually my family cancelled the leave tonight, so we're not gone until tomorrow morning, which means I can do flavor.

A lynch has been reached!
1. Raziek
2. Red Ryu
3. Jexs
4. Joey
5. Glyph [4]: Joey, Jexs, Potassium, Glyph
6. Potassium

Twilight until I get home to do flavor and flips.

Last edited:

Takamagahara

Smash Apprentice
(Thanks for waiting guys, I know I took a long time but I think it was worth it. I put a lot into this one, and I'd put it in a collapse but it makes it too small to read......)

(... If you don't read it I'll murder you in your sleep tho. Fo real)

[collapse=Flip]

Glyph: Rachel, Mafia Flavor Cop has been lynched!
[/collapse]

Night 5 Begins!
Get your night actions (or lack thereof) in by Monday 12/1/14 (extended for US Thanksgiving)
[collapse=Surviving Players]
1. Raziek
2. Red Ryu
3. Jexs
4. Joey
5. Potassium
[/collapse]

Last edited:

Takamagahara

Smash Apprentice

[collapse=Flip]

Raziek and Xonar: Carl and Nirvana, Town Tracker(s) have been slain!
[/collapse]

With 4 alive it takes 3 to lynch!
Rebel 6 deadline is Wednesday 12/3/14 Midnight CST

[collapse=Surviving Players]
1. Red Ryu
2. Jexs
3. Joey
4. Potassium
[/collapse]

Last edited:

Kantrip

Kantplay
Traitor inherited a kill?

Glyph really made me believe he was the last scum.

So is this is 3 indy game or a 4 mafia game?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Wait... 3 Indy? I'm lost on that one. Nabe + Bardull was one. Who was the second?

Vote: JeXs

My vote is going on JeXs due to PoE and the way he played before D4 (being in the background for a majority of it and his awkward interaction with Werekill).

I'm really confused by the set up behind this. >_>

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
So a guy who lost his powers and is a miller, a guy who executed she another who has proven 2 of his three powers.

I'm assuming if I remember Kantrip said he doc'd Raz yes?

Kantrip

Kantplay
I doc'd Raz N3 but the no kill occurred N4. Glyph intentionally didn't kill to enable his BP gambit and my only proven ability is my vig shot.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Joey is a traitor/executioner. Soup's usage of it and claim was to let the mafia know.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'll give you that that would explain why Joey's reads were surprisingly on point and is actually the option I'm leaning towards. Just double checking some things.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Mafia having a role cop with a traitor makes sense.

This gives an explanation for soup's role use and claim.

Joey's reads were literally "Glyph and Rake are scum, Nabedull is indy, jexs is null" like 3 Days ago. He has systematically lynched through these slots and been right. It's too perfect.

No changes in thought process, no incorrect reads, nothing. And his claimed role is bull. I've always thought that a D1 only execute that needs to be used in the last 2 days of D1 is weak and scummy. There is no reason for the restriction if it's a town role. And to have NOTHING else in this PR enriched setup? I don't think so.

The arguments for Joey town for me were a disconnect between his slot and glyphs all game and his reads being so on point and him helping lynch scum very handily. Traitor + the hugely scum tilted numbers explains this. All they needed was one mislynch and Joey set it up so it would be "easy" to get it on jexs after bussing his secret mates.

Kantrip

Kantplay
However I need to consider the possibility of a traitor jexs who would join the team if he found ragna also.

It's gonna come down to which of them are traitor and I intend to look at every angle to figure it out

JeXs

Smash Champion
However I need to consider the possibility of a traitor jexs who would join the team if he found ragna also.

It's gonna come down to which of them are traitor and I intend to look at every angle to figure it out
As I said, I can't find ragna (though I technically did Night 1). I got blocked by bardull and then he got fused with Nabe, which made it so that the azure didn't exist anymore, which is also why I became a miller.

Kantrip

Kantplay
As I said, I can't find ragna (though I technically did Night 1). I got blocked by bardull and then he got fused with Nabe, which made it so that the azure didn't exist anymore, which is also why I became a miller.
Well you were on Bardull's list and Ragna was the one with the Azure so for all intents and purposes you were looking for Ragna. He luckily managed to block you from finding him but still.

I'm gonna give the Miller claim as many points as I'm giving the execute usage for "sending a message to the scumteam"

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
It's between Jexs and Joey at this point, though I don't keep my eye off Kantrip since I don't know how he knew a mass roleblock happened.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Well you were on Bardull's list and Ragna was the one with the Azure so for all intents and purposes you were looking for Ragna. He luckily managed to block you from finding him but still.

I'm gonna give the Miller claim as many points as I'm giving the execute usage for "sending a message to the scumteam"
I mean, yea I was looking for Ragna, but my purpose for doing so basically disappeared Night 1, which made me no longer have a reason to look for Ragna.

JeXs

Smash Champion
What would this make of Glyph v Souo then unless we looking for an indy.
Soup claimed with the intention to let mafia know he was traitor but glyph didn't realize it and jumped on him for what seemed like something he could push is what I'm thinking.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Soup claimed with the intention to let mafia know he was traitor but glyph didn't realize it and jumped on him for what seemed like something he could push is what I'm thinking.
Glyph tried to bus his mate out if the gates with the claim? Maybe.

Who was glyph going for tomorrow?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Glyph tried to bus his mate out if the gates with the claim? Maybe.

Who was glyph going for tomorrow?

JeXs

Smash Champion
Since I think Glyph didn't realize what soup was going for, he'd probably go for kantrip after soup.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I want you to answer me this, Kantrip:

I understand why you would think it's too perfect to be true regarding Nabedull/Glyph/Rake in hindsight, but why did it work out that way in current time?

The answer is because of their play.

Glyph sat on me all D2 because of claim, didn't go anywhere else with reads, and then he transferred his thoughts to Nabedull after the track. That was literally all he did. 100% role mechanics and set-up and not actual reads.

Rake refused to give content in the slightest for a majority in the game aside from "The fact that he town read me was weird" regarding you and background comments like "that vote was too convenient" and "why are people town reading this guy"?

Nabedull made it obvious they were indy the second they tried to create a scenario where Raziek could have potentially been lying in order to attack the slot. After that, Nabe's attempt to just get lynches going regarding both him asking about Marshy's Ryu plan and him just wanting to lynch the popular candidate after he pretty much gave up both solidified that even more.

Look back on these three player's play (Nabedull specifically D3) and tell me that you could have imagined anyone else getting lynched regardless of my influence the second after Raziek got that guilty on Nabe. I don't think anyone else getting lynched in in days 3-5 aside from my slot pre-replacement is realistic.

As for JeXs, his play has had good moments like his Rake push D4 and his Kantrip push D1 from his perspective, his play has had bad moments like his interaction with Werekill and his defense on that, but the rest of his play was pretty null until Day 4. He went with the obvious votes that were set, yes, but once again, who didn't?

I'm fine with no-lynching if you/Ryu think it will be beneficial, but the only thing I see coming out of that is Kantrip/Ryu getting killed and this being the exact same scenario tomorrow except with me/JeXs trying to convince one person versus two people that can bounce notes off of one another and can get a better conclusion.

Top Bottom