• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazblue Mafia Extend: Game Over - NYANCAT In Charge!

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
Oh, I wasn't really asking your slot in particular...about your slot, but okay let me refine a question:

Who is your main target toDay and why are you not voting them yet? I get that your stumped, but there has to be slots you are willing to see die.
Honestly I still would lynch Spak but I'm treating him with more kid gloves I suppose since people just keep dropping him out of the blue. I feel like if I voted for Spak it'd be just because he came off more defensive than his other games and to me has just spent more time kicking his feet than really going out of his way to be here. Like I see him post reads and while it's nice that he does that it's really just not enough for me to say "yeah, he's okay" At the same time I really don't feel like me voting him even achieves anything now because I don't have anything to harass him with that he already hasn't answered a billion times over, so he's a wait and see.

Like I just said, i wouldn't even look at Moosey today short of very extreme circumstances taking place or Ryu going god tier on how Moosey's really just extremely clever scum who faked that to get brownie points.

Honestly right now, the only person I want to vote is Ryu, which ironically before catching up and responding was what I was gonna do. Ryu looks lazy to me and I'm starting to smell the lazy/afk ryu that he does as mafia. Some of his questions are good, but his pushes seem about as thrown together as I can imagine.

Vote Ryu

Honestly, I don't know I could lynch Raz unless he literally only posted like 5 more times today, and as for Zaixl, someone needss to give me a solid one liner of how he and Ryu are all that different and why I should want to lynch a doing buttkiss Zaixl over a "doing things but not truly contributing" Ryu

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Well same reasons you brought up to lynch me, information for one. I would also say that I would like you dead because you are confusing and nothing strikes me as inherently towny, but I do not think your slot is necessarily scummy. So in the end, you're a bad D1 lynch for me besides it would give insight to key slots who have been discussing toDay regardless of flip.

Personally, you aren't on my radar of who I want to lynch toDay even if it would deflate the push on me entirely. You are in the top 5 of who could die and I'd be okay with toDay, but I don't feel like pushing you. It's a weird semi-hypocritical/semi-contradictory explanation, but it's the only way to word it that is making sense to me so I hope you entertain that I am trying really hard to explain you to me.

Yeah, I'm holding you at arm's reach. I'm okay with that and I'm okay with observing you rather than push you. My opinion of you is going to be jaded all game, you have to expect/understand that because you came into the game with the intention of shooting me regardless of alignment, yet you still did it at the worst possible time.

FullMetalLynch

Oh, I wasn't really asking your slot in particular...about your slot, but okay let me refine a question:

Who is your main target toDay and why are you not voting them yet? I get that your stumped, but there has to be slots you are willing to see die.
My bad, I saw your take on me and felt like it was more of a question than a statement, so I had to follow up lel. I wish I could be more proactive, like create a cool new wagon everyone will love, but honestly Ryu's caught my eye enough that I'm willing to agress more than I have

FullMetalLynch

Also, to somewhat ninja J, I've actually liked Soup so far and thought that he was on point. I can see where J is coming from but i still disagree

FullMetalLynch

Also, I feel slightly ironic everytime I read our hydra name because it looks like "orbok" "No win" which is kinda what happens cause we always die. Lets buck the trend DGames. #FML for Late Game #NO Overswarm The Wall Repeats

Zaixl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3711-9422-4918
Oh right. Keep forgetting about Slyck. Sorry. Alright then Glyph, why should we keep you alive? You have a dubious claim on your D2 PR and it seems kind of convenient you have a confirmed town blocking NK on you- so you don't have a reason to elaborate on said PR. Not calling you scum yet but definitely willing to watch you burn.

Vote: DtJ Glyphmoney

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Reads post then I'm out.

J - Alright. So I've been holding back a little on this slot myself and I have probably talked to death about it too. I generally think J is someone to keep an eye instead of someone who we should be lynching toDay. I'm not sure why he thought I was saying 'kill J right now he's scum' because if he took a moment to slow down he would've saw that I was just playing devil's advocate and I was mostly focusing a hell of lot more on Spak. A lot of my read really is because of that really, and how J was treating Spak. I've stated many times that I don't think they're a team and I'll state it again. I've gone over this slot so much that I'm getting sick of it and I've had enough of J being all passive-aggressive with me too as either alignment. You can't throw things at me, say you dislike my slot, then go back on your word and say 'well it's soup so I'm being really cautious and I don't want to pressure him!!' Bull****. I really hope he fixes whatever the hell he's doing for my sake and the rest of the game. I think J is overall null scum, someone who I don't quite lean in as town but not someone who I wanted lynched today. I think there is chance for redemption in his slot.

Spak - Another slot I've talked to death about. My read on Spak has been one I've been trying to get everyone involved due to two reasons that I hope I highlighted enough for people to understand me: 1) He's relatively new. 2) I don't know what he plays like. I've gotten a lot of responses and a lot of input whether directly or indirectly about him, and the whole thing about Spak could almost be like the way Laundry's thing with J. I don't like how he plays. I don't like how he seemed so focused on being defensive and how he had nothing else to show besides spending his time just responding to people. I wanted to push him harder on this and instead I got the same spiel he was giving everyone else, and I realized that my pressure wasn't really changing how he reacted to me at all. That's when I thought about it staring at my desk at work for 40-something minutes and had a shocking conclusion that maybe I was too hard on Spak and too quick to judge. I believe I've said it before possibly in another game, but I don't want to assume I'm always right. I like to rely on others and I appreciate any and all insight I get on someone, and it seems that I was a huge minority opinion. I don't think one person wholly agreed with me (even if Laundry somewhat had a lukewarm reception), which was just fighting an uphill battle. I also thought his response to me was really honest in the sense that he seems just like an open book type of person, someone who feels the need to explain his actions and why he did certain things; his doubling-up and recent response made me think this. I don't feel comfortable with my vote on him at all and I feel in disarray now that one of my leads has pretty much gone to ****. I'm leaning town on Spak so long as he doesn't completely fall into full explanation and continues to try and push things in some retrospect.

Glyph - I see some talk about this slot and how I'm stupid to believe he's town just for the shot and really I've made Glyph into this issue that I'll deal with later. Nothing he's done has jumped out at me as scummy and I think that he will play an important role regardless if I had more to say about him, given he seems to have a lot of fancy toys that I'm sure he wants to try out; not even close to the lynch option either. Null town and not a concern.

Laundry - Honestly, I don't really Laundry's posts in-depth all that much. We've had common goals throughout and his points on J are right in line with mine. I don't see anything that I even really want to look into because he's again in a category where I know he's not going to be lynch even if he was scum. I'd rather put my trust in someone who I can work even at the disclosure of them backstabbing me later. He's playing typical laundry but not in the sense where I think he's over-exemplifying that fact and trying too hard to be town laundry, if that makes sense. This is the only way I can frankly read a slot like this because he's like a more viotile J, which is even more of a ***** to read. Town (for now).

Bardull - I think Bardull has had a pretty good showing despite his lack of content. Nothing offensive to me at all though I wish he didn't play me by saying he's waiting to see what I did in order to establish his read on me. This is yet again another slot I'm not really reading or keeping an eye on, but nothing that offends me to want to either way. Town.

FML - Apparently J doesn't like this slot? He's solid as hell. I really like FML this game and I feel they're doing their own thing but also keeping themselves under wraps. Yeah, he's not really voting or pushing anything but I feel Rake has found an inner zen and Orbo has always been one to not really go on anything unless he's sure about it. The only thing to really worry about FML is the same thing to only worry about with Red Ryu, who is basically the same to me in terms of how I read them. They're better investigated either under pressure or actually doing something, or lack of. Town for FML and gut Town for RR.

Zaixl - I really don't get Zaixl at all and feel he should still be a lynch candidate. People like J (maybe FML if I read right) think he would be more reactive but I'm not really buying into that given that a noobie will feign his own noobiness if it gets him/her out of the spotlight. What he needs to do is properly read the thread and give it a full effort, otherwise he can just be lynched. I don't really accept the whole leans and the vague reads even if he says he's trying to catch up. There's still daylight but for now... Scum/Would Lynch D1.

Mallo - I tried to think of a comment to have for Mallo but all I came up with in my head is 'watch him'. Completely null even if I think his content is decent albeit really ****ing mechanical. He seems like the type of player who won't display any emotion even if you got into his face, so it's more-so a waiting game with him. Null.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Oh right. Keep forgetting about Slyck. Sorry. Alright then Glyph, why should we keep you alive? You have a dubious claim on your D2 PR and it seems kind of convenient you have a confirmed town blocking NK on you- so you don't have a reason to elaborate on said PR. Not calling you scum yet but definitely willing to watch you burn.

Vote: DtJ Glyphmoney
It's not Glyph's fault that Slick is confirmed townie lol.

#HBC | ѕoup

MooseyDoosey - I really like Moosey even if he's not writing walls. I think the times he does speak there has to be something going on in his mind. I'd put him in the same category as Mallo only that I'm a bit more cautious than Mallo because the way he presents himself isn't completely in the line of crossfire but not totally non-committal. Just another slot who needs to talk more or someone to watch and I await to see his fire, quite literally. Null town.

Fanny/Raziek/Maven Triple combo - No memory of what they've done at all so far. They need to either be pushed into the spotlight or given a damn chance to be able to catch up.

I think that's it. I really hope J commits to that break he was saying because I think it's what he needs and I have to think him for giving me the good idea before I burn out already. Until then.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
In addition, someone with an experience of 6 games on forums should know better than to do any of what Zaixl is doing at the moment. He's had more experience than I have (depending on how long the other forum days are), and I can still easily identify what he shouldn't be doing right now, but is doing anyways.

FullMetalLynch

Vote:zaixl
That glyph vote is garbage. Reach more for low hanging fruit.
Talked to rake and he said he'll harass ryu sidelong

#HBC | ѕoup

EBWOP: That's why I didn't vote Zaixl because he already has enough votes and I don't want a hammer or this phase to end quite yet.

Zaixl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3711-9422-4918
Didn't say it's his fault Slyck's here, I said it's convenient that Glyph is using him. My vote is for pressure. If you have a reason I shouldn't push him by all means tell me but sticking to "Omgus Zaixl low fruit" is BS. Bring something solid or shut up.
Hope you're having a nice day. ^_^

#HBC | ѕoup

FML said:
Honestly right now, the only person I want to vote is Ryu, which ironically before catching up and responding was what I was gonna do. Ryu looks lazy to me and I'm starting to smell the lazy/afk ryu that he does as mafia. Some of his questions are good, but his pushes seem about as thrown together as I can imagine.
Wait. Go more into this. Am I being stupid just writing him off as typical Ruy?

FullMetalLynch

Didn't say it's his fault Slyck's here, I said it's convenient that Glyph is using him. My vote is for pressure. If you have a reason I shouldn't push him by all means tell me but sticking to "Omgus Zaixl low fruit" is BS. Bring something solid or shut up.
Brah
I didnt even call omgus nor does that apply. What pressure does glyph need? Hes a fairly strong town read of most people at this point. Your vote, after self admittedly having no reads all day, kinda sucked lol

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
There isn't a reason you shouldn't push him, but if you're gonna vote for someone, you need to have pretty solid reasoning. If anything, this just looks like an attempt to deflect attention to your first target in sight. Also, you're voting for the one person you had as a town read in this entire game, then you vote for him off of content that came out before your first read list. You baffle me, Zaixl.

FullMetalLynch

Soup imma let rake tack you for that since its his child but hes watching OP roght now

Zaixl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3711-9422-4918
The. Vote. Is. To. Apply. Pressure.
Now that J is seeming more town Glyph is seeming less, especially with his J vote. I want to see him defend himself and will react based on how he does it.

#HBC | ѕoup

Pressure means nothing if you say it is to apply pressure lol

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Also, from what I've seen of your argument against him, it's based off of one thing that he's already addressed dozens of times.

Maven89

Smash Master
Reading up

I've got a smash tournament today so I don't have quite as much time to write this up as I would have liked. Here comes the abridged version.

-Why use the daykill at all?
I wasn't joking when I said I had to. I have two abilities that have to be used before the end of D2 or else I die. I could have opted to save the daykill for tomorrow, but feel the other one is much more consistent for that stage in the game.

-Why target J?
First and foremost, J is a slot I have historically had a very hard time reading. Any quote unquote meta slot generally throws me for a loop, and beyond that J if any of those were to be likely to pull the wool over my eyes it would probably be him. I also found it a little alarming how many of the new players are already buddy buddy with him, which could lead to them just following his directions instead of pushing to find scum on their own.

-BUT WHAT IF J WAS TOWN *******?
Odds are, he is! That's always town's advantage, having the numbers. But a) my daykill is confirmed to not end the dayphase, and b) J is one of the more connected slots in the game already. I was willing to pull the trigger because even if we did get a J town flip, it kicked us out of the bull**** RVS stage so we can actually play mafia as well as the most valuable thing you can receive in this game, which is modconfirmed information.

You guys kick around this post for a while, I need to go do video games. When I get back there's like 3 players I want to touch on, and hopefully they'll do more things while I'm gone too.
I don't buy this. The following are quotes from the above quote cut up

-Why use the daykill at all?
I wasn't joking when I said I had to. I have two abilities that have to be used before the end of D2 or else I die. I could have opted to save the daykill for tomorrow, but feel the other one is much more consistent for that stage in the game.
This doesn't explain why you used the daykill at the beginning of the day, and I 100% doubt Ryker would make a compulsive Day1/2 dayvig.

-Why target J?
First and foremost, J is a slot I have historically had a very hard time reading.
I absolutely hate that you stole Ryker's reasoning for shooting Evil Eye. That's just some meta garbage

Any quote unquote meta slot generally throws me for a loop, and beyond that J if any of those were to be likely to pull the wool over my eyes it would probably be him. I also found it a little alarming how many of the new players are already buddy buddy with him, which could lead to them just following his directions instead of pushing to find scum on their own.
That never happened. When you shot not a single new player had made a single comment on J except for Mallereon who was voting for him.

-BUT WHAT IF J WAS TOWN *******?
Odds are, he is! That's always town's advantage, having the numbers. But a) my daykill is confirmed to not end the dayphase, and b) J is one of the more connected slots in the game already. I was willing to pull the trigger because even if we did get a J town flip, it kicked us out of the bull**** RVS stage so we can actually play mafia as well as the most valuable thing you can receive in this game, which is modconfirmed information.
You say that as if it was the only way. RVS always ends in every game, you doing a dayvig early in day 1 does not help us, the potention of killing a townie right off the bat is not equaled by staying in RVS for a page or two.

Plus, J was not "connected". He made a single post, without any responses done to him that were of value. Presneting it like J dying would give us information is just a lie.

Oh yeah, I think you're a bit of a loon right now mallo. Not sure what kind of loon quite yet but I've never see someone dig so deeply into something that doesn't even have a solid explanation in the first place. and instead somehow skipped the hypothesis part in your crackpot science theory on why Glyph would do X instead of Y based on events not determined in this game. Some people in this world might call it reaching.
This is a terrible post. Removing pro-town reasoning from an action is not worthless

Glyph's first reasoning for shooting me is decent enough for me. His second reasoning is pretty illogical to me. Mainly because that was not even true considering most the new players were warning people who've played with me for years to be afraid. The "kicking us out of RVS" is kind of null and also just shooting in D1 RVS and killing my slot would have been bad for the remainder of the game.

It was literally a 50/50 shot and I was lucky enough to choose right, but in the end I think the shot was a terrible idea besides the fact that it generates discussion.
Why are you giving him a pass when he openly made up a reasoning to defend him shooting you?

On page 5 and Soup is doing nothing but obstruct Glyph pushes

Role fishing like crazy. Comment about hoping good players stay alive sounds more like trying to look town than actually being town. But mostly the first part. Would like to see some more pressure on this from others.
You post claiming you have a second, compulsive ability that is best used on day 2, you telling us that is fine, but someone asking you what that ability is is role fishing? He's not role fishing, because you already roleclaimed. Asking what that second role is is actually important, as you used it as your defense for why you day vig'd today, but then failed to explain it.

Wow I was not expecting to find so much I didn't like so quickly, I'm actually going to post this now even though I've barely read up. I'm going to keep reading, but yeah this is where I am

...on page 5

Maven89

Smash Master
Let me knock this out really quickly. To anyone who thinks I used my shot poorly, consider this. Even if I had sat on it and really waited for the perfect moment, it only had a 50% chance of doing anything. If it failed, we would literally be in the exact same position except my shot would be gone.
No we wouldn't, we're in a situation where a guy attempted to dayvig based on nothing. You using it at a later point and failing gives us more information then we have now because we can tell how you used your dayvig. Using it at the start removes that.

Shooting early not only gave this game a huge shot in the arm (look at how many people actually have reads posted now),
Again, this happens every single game

but had the potential to give us a full day to work with modconfirmed information at worst. At best J could have flipped scum and given us a massive advantage, but he blocked it so none of you babies can complain about that.
Worst is J dies and we lynch you, but you never once seemed to be the slightest bit afraid that you'd get lynched. Why are you not worried about that? This is a question I really want you to answer, more then others.

And, you say "mod confirmed information", meaning your role, which we know you have since you just used your ability. But then you say

Post I've already touched on before, but I'm going to reiterate how messed up it is that he's pushing me for role information. It was not an accident for me to phrase my semi-claim post in a way that sets me up to be a threat tomorrow and tomorrow alone because I knew it would be a HUGE gigantic flaming red flag for scum. I'll admit, it -could- be just inexperience at play here but I'm not inclined to let that slide so easy at this point.
So you insist it's useful due to mod confirmed information, but then you turn around and say it's scummy for anyone to peer into it. That's having your cake and eating it too, if you don't want discussion to be about your "mod confirmed role", why are you claiming it as the benefit of your shot?

Lol 'hey please stop discussing my slot'. Willing to lynch J today.
Then you attack J for doing what you're doing in the same post

And yet you don't ask the same thing, nor did any other slot. Why defend the player, but not support his line of questioning? This feels super grimy to me.
Well that's just blatantly redirecting the question

I'll give you a bonus tidbit that might help with this. I didn't have to submit my action in thread, I only chose to post that at the same time I PM'd the mod to make it as clear as possible that I was the one taking the action. I can confirm this toMorrow, as my other ability functions in a similar fashion.
How can you using a different ability somehow confirm jack **** about the first ability?

Really, guys, I'm barely into this, but it looks like Glyph is just playing with everyone and on one seems willing to call him on any of his crap

Still reading, starting page 7

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
I've never met anyone that doesn't even have at least one town or scum read halfway into D1. This seems super sketch to me.

Except nobody had J as scum or as town that early in the game; literally nothing but some RVS garbage had happened, so he was trying to make the state of the thread progress.

Trying to get out of RVS and generate conversation is a motivation for town. The dayvig wasn't guaranteed (obviously) and while I still don't like his reasoning, proof of him trying to generate good conversation off of this topic is him posting it in-thread. If he didn't post anything about it in-thread, he could have gotten away with a kill and absolutely no evidence left behind.

But what reason would he have to post it in-thread if he were scum? What makes you think that Mafia would kill J ASAP when we have a slew of skilled players in this game? I agree that the timing was bad, but he thought it was the best time (seeing as he had to have 2 abilities gone by the end of D2, using them both the same day would make his slot look OP and possibly get him NK'd, and he wanted to start having good conversation more quickly) and his reasoning checks out with his actions thus far.

My reads haven't changed much since I posted the read list, so my read on Glyph is:

Glyph - I started to tunnel his slot after my sight turned a bit red after the false accusations on my slot, made some arguments that were invalid and tried to force them on him anyways, and after going back and re-reading, see why he said what he said about me. I see a decent amount of scumhunting from him, he seems to be willing to reconsider his reads if he's pleased with an observation, and while I still don't like what he did with the J shot's timing, I understand what he was trying to (and fortunately did) accomplish. Town lean.

The only huge changes are that Bard, Laundry, and Ryu are all more active, and they seem to be generating good content, but haven't really said much that tested them under pressure. Weak town leans.
Spak, you literally just gave the reasoning behind Glyph posting in the thread. As someone else pointed out earlier in the thread, it’s actually more of a scum-oriented role if he didn’t necessarily need to post about it. Also, if Glyph didn’t post that he was going to shoot, then J surviving the shot (like he did here) would have screwed him over and most likely had him killed. If he DOES post (which he did), he can make up some crap about being scared of J which doesn’t make sense anyway if you actually think about it. If these people know each other so well, do you seriously think they’ll let the people they’ve played with countless times live? Obviously not. They’ll kill the strong townies that know them well and then work on convincing us newbies ASAP. On the other hand, they should also know the capabilities of each other and it makes more sense from a scum perspective to kill the strong townies which Glyph tried to do here.

Also, I’m not talking about town reading J that early in the thread, I’m saying that you townreading J should put some doubt on Glyph in your mind. Do you seriously think Glyph would take such an irrational and early action like that and they both turn out to be town?

Also, another thing for you to think about, but do you seriously not suspect how Glyph immediately just dropped his push onto you and chased someone else? Seeing as how you didn’t mention it, you’re probably shading your reads a lot based on who’s scum reading you and who’s not. Looking at the way you replied to my post, you’re already defensive because you probably thought I was pushing on you. Rest assured, I was actually thinking you’re town and was just noting an observation. Just be careful Spak. Part of playing Mafia is to be masochistic and enjoy people scum reading you just to see how they change those reads later on. And in this case, Glyph’s sudden switch off of you is something to be suspicious of, not interpreted as “willing to change his reads”. Because there is a scummy motivation behind changing reads too. So you might want to re-evaluate exactly how valid your read change is too.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Also, I feel slightly ironic everytime I read our hydra name because it looks like "orbok" "No win" which is kinda what happens cause we always die. Lets buck the trend DGames. #FML for Late Game #NO Overswarm The Wall Repeats
...you know your initials is f*** my life...which kinda makes sense if you die all the time.

FullMetalLynch

Actually, it's kinda funny.
Our name originally was from a inside joke many years ago when both me and Orbo got lesbians to go out with us in the same week. We both joked that as men, it would be like climbing everest to convert a lesbian even for one night. To abridge it, we both did, and then we thought "Hey, you know what would be a hilarious Tv show ? "**** my lesbian" Literally a show about the most handsome guys imagineable trying to get a lesbian to go out / go home with them. The prize obviously being bragging rights of doing that. Then we realized "hey, FullMetalLynch has those same letters, no one would ever know" and no one has till just now

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm mildly appalled by that post and will refrain from saying things not really game associated, but....

Really?

I may have a bone to pick with ya'll later.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Not responding to the shot argument stuff because I don't really care and have addressed it already.

Reason I'm not worried about being lynched is because my lynch doesn't matter. My slot doesn't need to make it to endgame to win. Ez pz.

FullMetalLynch

Not responding to the shot argument stuff because I don't really care and have addressed it already.

Reason I'm not worried about being lynched is because my lynch doesn't matter. My slot doesn't need to make it to endgame to win. Ez pz.
wait wut.
Now I know you can win with town just like all the good boys and girls but still, ...wut ?

FullMetalLynch

Also glyph, wouldn't it matter to you to have the second part of your role be achieved before that ? I thought you mentioned you need both to live, and as arbitrary as the question may be i feel like you dying by our hands without even getting to take control of your fate by doing whatever two things you ahd too would be kinda detrimental to you winning or helping town win

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
If it meant getting my reads followed I'd self vote in a hurry. I could still have been a bro t Ryker and filled a slot in his game and be free to pursue whatever else in my free time again.

I will not elaborate on any details about my second ability until tomorrow. Under any circumstances.

Top Bottom