• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bingo Mafia - THE END!

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
VOTE COUNT:

[2] adumbrodeus: #HBC | Joey, Potassium
[0] JeXs:
[0] #HBC | Red Ryu:
[0] #HBC | Dark Horse
[1] #HBC | Gorf: #HBC | Dark Horse
[0] Orboknown
[0] #HBC | Mac:
[2] Chaco: #HBC | Red Ryu, adumbrodeus
[0] Potassium
[0] #HBC | Joey
[0] Captain Hotcakes

[0] Not Voting: Orboknown / #HBC | Mac / Captain Hotcakes / JeXs / Chaco / #HBC | Gorf

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch!
Deadline set for Wednesday, September 3rd, 11:59 BST (British Summer Time)

Last edited:

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
The most likely reason why scum didn't kill along the line is because marshy's a loud player who's good at getting what he wants. Controlling the day would much harder with him still around.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Vote: Rake

You're not a death bear bro.
First Rake vote. RVS vote.
I have not, and I think there's only been one other. It's more than likely mechanics will differ from that game and this one, but I still believe mafia will benefit from bingos.

Vote Rake
I add my vote. Completely RVS.
This is the strategy we adhere to in light of Potato's information. We need to hold people accountable for who they give the ball to as it can be used as another scumhunting tool.

:054:
Also RVS. At this point it can be considered a wagon but it is entirely composed of RVS votes and is only for pressure.
unvote

vote rake
Joins the wagon for pressure, presumably. Still no reasoning at this point.
Rake's response to the wagon thus far. It's clear he doesn't take it seriously for good reason. In retrospect this is a townie reaction. He brushes it off because he's not concerned with it because he can see it's RVS.

-_-//
Take my paw and stop trying to day kill me pls
vote: rake
JeXs keeps it going. I'm going to assume this is still pressure as Rake has done like... nothing at this point.
Stop the votes.
Orbo tries to slow the wagon down since it's pretty clearly barreling out of control.
rAkE iSnT fReAkInG oUt HiS sCuM mEtA iS fReAkInG oUt WiTh PrEsSuRe He MuSt Be ToWn!!!!!!!111
Gorf makes a reasonable assumption but uses this oUtLaNdIsH tYpInG which I see him use to denote ironic sarcasm or something? Not sure if he's serious or not, but he keeps his vote on the wagon.
You misread me. By saying, "your role", I meant to put that so you can insert yourself in that scenario. I wasn't necessarily addressing Rake specifically.

@#HBC | Rake. You have come off very eager for me to answer your question. Only I and JeXs responded. Though in the case of JeXs, he gave you another question rather than an answer. His suspicion gives me a town read on him.

Either you are looking for random players to answer you or you felt flustered by my response when I confirmed. If I said I were scum, that would lean people to believe I was mafia. It's against the rules to state your role, which would set up a modkill on an "easy target" like a new dGames player. A town player wouldn't just target one player to scumhunt.

Captain Hotcakes has a weird as **** defensive reaction to Rake asking his standard RVS questions and puts him at ****ing L-1 in RVS.
Unvote.
Chill out. Guy's at L-1.
JeXs correctly sees that things have gotten out of control and gets off the wagon.
y'all really need to learn to contain your serious posts until at least the day actually starts, so much information can be learned during RVS based on voting patterns and comfort in actions. Though, that said, I like the results of this one.

Rake needs to be murdered with a shovel.

@#HBC | Rake. Claim.

Hotcakes reads pretty blatantly noobtown, from that set of posts, first game?

Chaco also looking like a tasty lynch target.

Do I really have to unignore gorf? urgggggggg

Like gorf, RR.
adumb puts him back at L-1 and tells him to ****ing claim off of an RVS pressure wagon. Absurd. No reasoning for the wagon has been given at this point and if I was in thread when this was happening I sure as hell would have gotten off of it. I'm probably not alone, either.
unvote

How about we not quick lynch.
Ruy does so which is nice.
vote: rake
RAKE IS AT L-1. NO ACCIDENTAL QUICKHAMMER.
But then adumb yells at everyone and JeXs puts his vote back on!

So as far as the first real page of gameplay goes, Rake gets brought to L-1 twice and told to claim off of a wagon with no reasoning and consisting primarily of RVS/pressure votes.

Complete bull****.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
@red Ryu, @Dark Horse, @ Orboknown Orboknown , @#HBC | Joey, thoughts on this argument regarding the board stuff and do you view either adumb or me as scummy?
board stuff? Eh, I haven't made it a focus really since I don't think we should let it deter us from lynching someone. Scum is gonna be on that board somewhere so we shouldn't let it tell us a person is unlynchable or should not be lynched because they will make a bingo.

How it is set-up, if scum made it, is telling even if it delves into a bit of wifom.

If scum made that board, 13 is town. No way they put scum there since every single bingo is hinged on the fact they need to kill off that number.

Adumb? No, I think he is fine right now.

You?...well I would be lying if I said I didn't like some of the posts looking at the board. But I still wanna get this related to reads of players in game and not let it be the main focus. I'm still overall not a fan of you, but it's better than before.

Kantrip

Kantplay
d00d rAkE iS cHiLl He HaS tO bE tOwN!!!!11

^btw if nobody's been able to tell this is my sarcastic sounding-like-a-****** voice. yea rake needs to be smacked up.
Yeah I was right Gorf was being sarcastic and also backs the wagon.

So we have gogogo HBC marshy, Gorf, and adum backing the lynch. I can say for sure that I myself do not support what happened, JeXs showed no intent to actually lynch Rake due to his unvoting and was just lending a hand to the pressure. The only other person on the wagon was Captain Hotcakes, who should understand that lynching in the first day of gameplay is stupid and not okay. For a new player to exhibit the whole hardbody mentality is strange to me for sure. But nevertheless, he did want Rake dead as well.
Look at the way he handled the wagon

There's nothing in these posts aside from votes and obligtory "WOAAAH guys he's at L-1 let's careful here"

It screams of someone trying to slip into the wagon discretley.
I like the point that Dark Horse is trying to make here. I don't necessarily agree with it. So far I am not seeing scum in JeXs, but I like the initiative from Dark Horse either way.
Hmm,

@ JeXs JeXs why the change here?
I like that Dark Horse's opinion of JeXs made Ruy stop and think and ask JeXs for clarification. Nothing malicious from Ruy, and it's a good gesture to try to inquire into something potentially suspicious.
Haha, where's the actual defense? Your posts not only lacked substance but gave you an easy way to turn on them in the future. "Interesting", it's one of the best non-committal ways to look like you're producing content when being utterly useless and allowing you to draw any conclusion in the future. Explain what results actually suggest about the player or shut up, if it's about future actions, shut up. You also spend entirely too much time explaining town reads and the only things leaning scumish are people who are leading a lynch wagon on you. The people shouting "die rake die" specifically
Here is the first example of actual reasoning being laid out for Rake scum. The assertion that Rake's RVS and pre-game posts lacked substance is ridiculous, especially from adumb who said that people should not be posting substance before the game starts. Disgusting hypocrisy just to paint Rake as scummy. Besides, I've come to realize Rake always talks like this and calls things "interesting" this and "worth looking into" that. There is nothing behind this point at all. Next.

Rake is apparently spending too much time explaining his townreads. So Rake ignores the pressure from a stupid wagon in favour of fleshing out thoughts in thread, and apparently explaining his reads is a point against him? And because the only people he doesn't like are people pushing him, he's scummy?

NEWS FLASH: The only big event in the thread has consisted of people pushing him. Every scummy action that has occurred so far has been by people who have voted for him. I see it that way too. Adumb is making up points out of thin air to justify a wagon that is completely totally bull****. It's absurd.

This rush of desperate content just cements it because it has exactly the same problem, beyond moving off hotcakes and agreeing with my read.
This makes it painfully clear that adumb was going to stay on Rake no matter what Rake did. Adumb is not looking for Rake's alignment, he's looking for points he can make to justify the wagon. Suddenly Rake is making a "rush of desperate content" to appear townie. I ask myself what exactly Rake was supposed to do to get people off of him. When I come up blank, it's clear there was either tunneling going on, or scum driving the wagon. I'm thinking it was the latter, because tunneling usually requires points for a townie to cling to. Adumb has none.

Now then, why is it grimy, and if it's so grimy, why aren't you voting for me? Breaking down and explaining why a post from somebody leading a lynch wagon on you isn't scummy, but proceeding to throw analysisless dirt on them is, doing it and not following it up with a vote, even more so unless you have a higher scum target, and what luck, you have none!

So then you'll die, totally fine with this result. 99.9% likely that you'll die post-claim too though.

Lol, meta isn't something you just throw on to see if it sticks, you need actual analysis of the play across multiple games. But the important part is, more dirt (of the "interesting" non-commital variety) and still no vote!

Would you kindly die?
And finally, since Rake is calling people scum without voting for them, he is scum. The sad part is that this is the most solid point that has been made against him at this point.

People credited adumb for being the only one on Rake who even gave reasoning. After the mislynch occurred, they wanted to call him the most townie because "at least he made it clear why he was doing it."

The truth though, is that he didn't have any reasoning worth ****. No one did. And the fact that he tried to make it seem like he did is the scummiest thing anyone did on the wagon. marshy I expect it from. I hate it and I'm glad scum Night Killed him. But I expect it. Past that I have nothing but bewilderment.

I'm still reading of course, but between this and adumb's recent play (vs Chaco, vs Mac, wrt setup discussion), he needs to die.

Vote: ascumbrodeus

Kantrip

Kantplay
Hmmm...yeah I can get this a bit.

You do tend to sheep a bit from what I saw in our last game.

Still outside of Rake you got anyone else you wanna look at?
Yeah I am pretty comfortable with Ruy. Although I do recall he hammers the lynch and I have to look at that again. Have a feeling he got provoked and contracted a strong case of itchy-trigger-finger-itis.
I actually agree with this to a certain degree, fwiw.

Adum's logic on Rake is "PUT THE PRESSURE ON" him, and what it's turned out to is the same damn thing as any typical RVS wagon. But that's what you were trying to get at wasn't it? I know you love RVS so much. There is no case on, Rake. It's nonexistent. Honestly, you try dealing with some of y'all's "pressure"... if you think there's an intelligent way to respond to it, you're wrong! Why? Cause the whole push itself wreaks of stupidity. Pressure is applied from actual reasoning, and building a case, imho. Actually given them something that could LEAVE a tell from responding, with what you guys are throwing at him he's turning into a broken record. And consistency is a town tell.

Scum is on this wagon for sure, prob mid ground, so lemme look at the list and see whats happeninnnn. More to come.
I remember Chaco getting heat for defending Rake, but honestly this post is really rational and I'm digging it.
WHAT THE ****!?!?

Chaco has officially lost his mind. This is especially gross on a Rake. townflip.

:054:
I think I might actually loathe the way you play this game. Glad you're dead.
Why don't you ask marshy his reasoning?

See, you're missing the point. It's not that there's no analysis, it's that you dress things up with analysis and have no substance to that analysis. Only action you've made is the bad hotcakes push.

Ya, don't lie, your mind is obviously made up at least on me. "This post is pure grime", and no vote?

The inconsistency between the meaning of your words and the actions which you took is palatable.
Every point Rake made about adumb's case being grime was pretty spot-on. All adumb has to respond to it (rather than deconstructing the points themselves) is to claim Rake already has his mind made up and call him scummy for not throwing a vote on.

Note that adumb makes no effort to tackle the actual points, and instead strawmans to stupid things like the fact that Rake's withholding his vote.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Oh sweet, exactly what I wanted, a fluff post.

How about some reasons? Cause I've yet to see ****.

And so much scum? Then who? Give me same damn reasons please, something of substance to respond to.

Also, while you're at it, PROVE to me why he isn't the play instead of fluffing about a mock presence.
Chaco not taking any bull****. Nice.
Are you a jester?

I corrected you about the wagon not being for pressure and that being merely an explanation of why wagons are beneficial. I've explained multiple times throughout the thread that it's a fake content case (+inconsistencies between tone and actions) and you still continue to insist that it's a wagon for pressure.

I'm legitimately having trouble thinking of motivations for this type of play.
Ugh so yeah basically guys, seeing how adumb builds up a huge case out of nothing and then strips it back down to basics so that he can classify it, it's clear that he's a good debater. That's obvious (lol he even has the postbit). But if you look past all his false bravado and feather fluffing for a second, you'll see what's really there.

(a big load of nothing with a side of argumentative fallacies to argue circles around people)

Kantrip

Kantplay
I like your thought process here chaco and how outgoing you are with it, but I disagree with you in jexyscum. He remind me more of his rykermaf 3 play where he was town than the mini. I don’t have a read on adum or marshy yet.
Seems like Orbo is pretty cool so far. I wish he took a more active role in deterring the stupid wagon, but he was clearly against it when he told people to slow the votes down and was constantly questioning people on it. And I also agree with his conclusion here. I like Dark Horse and Chaco's direction with JeXs, although I also think JeXs is town. I think Ruy's reasoning for scumreading Rake is an extreme emphasis being placed on something that happened in confirmation phase coupled with wanting to sheep all the power players saying someone is scum. It looks like classic bad-read town Ruy.
And ryu if your going to vote me then ****ing do it I am done with this game and done defending myself from adumbs self biased bulls**** that he keeps pushing so hard he can't see through it and done justifying the obvious the same ****ing way over and over
yup Rake got understandably fed up and told Ruy to hammer him. It all makes sense.
I could care less if you just made one whoopin' post worth of scumlean material. You might as well be lynched for how egotistical you've projected yourself. I could care less about your role now.

Let's start the second day on a fresh slate and then maybe I'll use my functioning ****ing brain for once.
This is really really stupid. Hotcakes worth looking into on adumb's scumflip for sure. The hardbody behaviour from a newbie is out of place and disconcerting.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I'd also like to add that Adum's 109 is one of the most opporitunistic votes I've ever seen, with reasoning that quite literally doesn't exist (How on earth was rake being "wishy washy?")

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'm not lynching rake unless its ****ing deadline because no kne has said **** as to why and I dont get adums reasoning at all
because it was all conjecture and manufacture
I find it suspicious Potassium has not posted to explain his vote for the entirety of D1 and no one questioned it.
maybe because D1 was like 2 days long and I didn't get a chance to post much of anything because after making like 3 posts in RVS I wasn't in thread at all until the Day was over.

Actually still pissed at Ruy for the quickhammer considering earlier in the game he said we shouldn't do it yet. There were players (like myself) who hadn't even gotten a chance to post yet!

I hope he's scum for his sake. If so that was a good move and some clever coordination from him and adumb (getting adumb to say no one hammer and then Ruy hammers to make it look like adumb was trying to put brakes on the lynch when he wasn't). But I won't worry about that possibility yet as Ruy has shown the capacity to be this bone-headed as town.

He is a great place to pass the 8 ball though.

Kantrip

Kantplay
If Rake flips town then chaco is scum, probably mafia. Also true if Rake flips any non-mafia scum, only way his blatant lies of my reason for pushing the wagon makes sense.
Oh and wow after the hammer adumb immediately sets up an avenue for the incoming townflip

you'd have to be blind not to see this

Kantrip

Kantplay
yes ruy i see you viewing please dont leave without saying anything because i think the way you hammered was totally uncool considering you know very well how bad quicklynches are and you also are currently fine with adumb which is just plain wrong and im worried about you ruy

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Thing with ruy is his comment t Ok rake which was really townie. Thats countered by his thing with hammering

Kantrip

Kantplay
Thing with ruy is his comment t Ok rake which was really townie. Thats countered by his thing with hammering
Yeah I do think (and fear) that he will end up being town, but I can see the argument for him being scum and hope for his sake that it is true.

JeXs

Smash Champion
He's at L-2 right now and I don't want another stupid quicklynch happening so I won't put my vote down yet.

JeXs

Smash Champion
You brought up a good point about hotcakes, is he only scum on an adumb scum flip or could he be scum hopping on the easy wagon?

Kantrip

Kantplay
You brought up a good point about hotcakes, is he only scum on an adumb scum flip or could he be scum hopping on the easy wagon?
He can most certainly be scum hopping on the easy wagon, but he can also be town reacting badly to rake's questioning and proceeding to follow loud vocal players in voting him.

I can only see one option when it comes to adumb

JeXs

Smash Champion
I'm leaning town on hotcakes. Why look at him on an adumb scum flip? Like specifically on an adumb scum flip.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'm leaning town on hotcakes. Why look at him on an adumb scum flip? Like specifically on an adumb scum flip.
it's how I think newbscum would behave if they had a vocal and "leader-like" player on their team taking an action like hardcore pushing the Rake lynch. It's strange behaviour for newbtown to exhibit, although I could see the possibility. It's also strange for newbscum to do if none of their scum mates are already doing it, which is why if one of Gorf or adum (or marshy, I would have said, had he not already flipped town) flips scum, it makes Captain Hotcakes scum more likely.

Like I said, he could very well be scum without Gorf or adum being scum, and was just hopping on an easy wagon. But I think it makes much more sense as newbscum to follow what your more experienced partner(s) is/are doing.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
yes ruy i see you viewing please dont leave without saying anything because i think the way you hammered was totally uncool considering you know very well how bad quicklynches are and you also are currently fine with adumb which is just plain wrong and im worried about you ruy
Later sick atm.

Chaco

Never Logs In
oh snap i missed this post earlier, this is exactly the kind of board related scumhuntery type **** that im talkin about

chaco if scum was really setting you up, why didn't they kill number 13 instead of marshy
Because since mod has confirmed that they created the board, I think they can map out kills easily. They have the knowledge of who all sits where in this game, so naturally they don't have to reveal 13 until a bingo is set-up, that's at least how I'd play it. Makes most sense to me. Killing Hardbody's slot next to me makes a lot of sense to me since he was actively pushing me, and puts me in a lesser light they could potentially push as reasoning later, (I've been waiting to see this mentioned, but so far it hasn't afaik, reading backwards from pg13.) But, I can see why they think I'd get pushed backing Adum's ******** scum rally on me. I don't want to speculate too much, but that's something I noticed immediately upon the day opening.

Reading still. I'll try to post and cover everything directed at me tonight, but I'm on Limited Access until late day Saturday probably @ Kataefi Kataefi . Have a lot going on today, and the next two.

More to come.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
He can most certainly be scum hopping on the easy wagon, but he can also be town reacting badly to rake's questioning and proceeding to follow loud vocal players in voting him.

I can only see one option when it comes to adumb
Pretty much this. I took Rake's inquiry as a dumb RVS joke. Playing on the perceived "joke" I made a non-serious, yet facetious response. It comes of scummy as **** and I can't see myself living much longer because of it.

Adumb vs. Chaco and Adumb vs. Rake were extremely nauseating to read. But to summarize it as a loose whole, Chaco was trying to convince Adumb/Marshy that they were pushing too hard on a strong towntell and Adumb was cherrypicking trivial things in Rake/Chaco's arguments to give his push the illusion of substance. Also, w/o Marshy to signalboost, Adumb doesn't have someone to parakeet his reads.

No point in fawning away from this. I'm excericising my sense here: Vote Adumb

Also, I have a fair amout of plans for tomorrow, so don't expect me to be present in this thread even to lurk.

Chaco

Never Logs In
It's not that we disagree, it's that you're chosing to lie about specific details. I disagree with joey but he's not lying. I provided explicit statements. It would be equivalent to me saying that you supported the rake lynch.

Which is why I backed off, told people in no uncertain terms not to lynch him yet while I consulted marshy on whether my read of your interaction with him was justified.

You stated I continued pushing for the lynch, another lie.

In hindsight I should've trusted my read and tried to redirect the wagon, but as I stated yesterday I wanted to consult marshy about whether I was being paranoid before I was willing to start dismantling the wagon because everything about his play screamed scum, and chaco's interaction with him was all that gave me doubts. I wanted to hold the wagon there until I got an answer and depending on marshy's opinion finish the lynch on rake or switch the wagon over to chaco.

I just didn't expect mr "we can't quicklynch!" to hammer when there's open questions about the meaning of chaco's interaction with rake, especially after I put a bolded "we're not lynching rake yet" in the thread.
Dude. You need to figure out that people who disagree with you are not lying. You literally must have a shed full of scarecrows, ready to place down a strawman at any given moment. Your push on me is the single scummiest thing I think I've seen. Your points are because I'm supposedly "lying", and it's awful.

You never stopped pushing for the lynch, hold off while I consult my reads does not mean that you still did not want Rake to die. Your points for calling me a liar grow weaker and weaker every time you begin to try and expound upon it.

Truthfully, I can see an Adum/Ryu scum team. Ryu is riding Adum's coattails hard as **** (ANYONE ELSE NOTICED THIS!?) Adum STILL has yet to call out Ryu out about the quick lynch except for calling him dumb for doing it, (and a bad player?), but not scummy. It reeks of scum. The only reason I can see for the above without suspicion is a mock distancing, while maintaining a town read on him. Although calling him stupid, impulsive, and a bad player give your words merit for a town read? NO.

Long overdue.

Vote: Adumb

Got another snippet to quote from Adumb where he makes an ass of himself, uno momento.

Chaco

Never Logs In
OH GOD NO I JUST GOT NINJA'D BY ****ING HOTCAKES wtffffff

Chaco

Never Logs In
I wanted to put that ******* at L-1 and give him hell about it due to how he did Rake yesterday. **** **** ****

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Wow. you all ****ing quicklynched me without even giving me a chance to defend myself. You're all ****ing terrible at this game.

Cept chaco, chaco is scum, and probably mac and one other I'm not sure of yet, probably joey.

Top Bottom