• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big Moves, Bigger Wigs. Jimmy T for SSB4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman

Jimmy T. (the T standing for “Thang”) is a recurring main character in the WarioWare series of games. If it wasn’t obvious, Jimmy loves to dance. He spends the majority of his nights at the clubs in Diamond City, tearing up the dance floor. Jimmy is the host of microgames set under the categories of Sports in Mega Microgame$ and DIY, Tilt in Twisted, and Rub in Touched. As such, my plans for Jimmy’s moveset revolve around the incorporation of Jimmy’s dancemoves and his microgames.

Whenever I'm put in a situation where I have to pick a second a rep for the Wario franchise, no better idea comes to mind than this beautiful man. I feel as though a moveset complied of dancing could make a very original fighter.

His Theme is just pure gold.

I even found a moveset that would work great for him. Credit to Brooks of Tumblr.

[collapse=Moveset]
Standard Special: Jimmy performs a hammer throw. For those of you who don’t know, this would involve him pulling out a shot-put, spinning in a circle, and letting it fly. More time spent spinning would mean more speed, and more speed would make the shot-put fly farther and faster.
Side Special: For this attack, I’ve drawn inspiration from the microgame “Balancing Act” from the original WarioWare. Jimmy will hop atop a unicycle and balance some boxes (or bricks? Something rectangular-prismy) in his left hand. Riding on the unicycle will increase Jimmy’s movement speed, but if you travel too far in one direction, the boxes will lose their balance and fall over. Damage will be dealt by the boxes falling on other fighters, and maybe if Jimmy collides with them while riding the unicycle as well.
Down Special: This would be Jimmy’s counter. One of the cats from his ending in WarioWare: Smooth Moves would jump out from behind Jimmy. If a fighter would try to attack Jimmy, the cat would start to dance, along with two other cats that appeared. The fighter would start to dance along with the cats for a few seconds. Jimmy would then perform a disco point into the fighter and launch them. Or, to alleviate some time constraints, Jimmy could just dodge out of the way, then perform the disco point.
Up Special: This one is a tough decision, but for now, I’m going to have to go with having Jimmy perform a Ski Jump from his Microgame of the same name. I hate how I now have two characters based around sports, so I think I’ll have to come back and think of something else for this one.
For Jimmy’s Side Smash attack, I’d like to see them implement the microgame “Log Chop” from the first WarioWare. Jimmy does an overhead karate-chop and the meter from the game pops up beside him. When the meter hits the red part of the bar, Jimmy chops at full power. It works like a regular smash attack, the meter is just an intangible background element. (Like when the HP bar pops up from Marth’s Final Smash)
As a taunt, Jimmy will hold up his cell phone, and flip it open, akin to his animation in Mega Microgames[/collapse]

I'll update thIs post with further movesets and whatnot if any is found or created.

Groose

Smash Champion
While the inner child in me is screaming "YES!," the rational me is screaming "HELL NO!"

I support... in the comfort that it will never happen.

D

Deleted member

I support Jimmy as a Wario character, though I feel Wii Fit Trainer pretty much took what Jimmy's style would have been like...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Dunno. I'm kinda neutral on his inclusion. I'd much prefer Ashley or Mona.

MrBigstuff

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to shamelessly bump this thread because I just found it. Right now Jimmy T. is the longshot character that I know won't make it in, no matter how much I wish.
Smooth Moves was the only WarioWare game I played, and he is literally the only thing I remember about that game.

ChozoBoy

Smash Apprentice
I was hoping for exactly the type of WW stage we got in Brawl. In SSB4 3DS, I'm hoping that we get a stage that showcases the WW Inc. cast.

I feel like that's the best option for most of them.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I'd love any Warioware character, but this guy and Kat & Ana are who I'm really rooting for.

Especially Jimmy. Because his themes are so good. Smooth Moves Jimmy theme (so good it's even the main theme in Jimmy's mini game in Game & Wario), Jimmy's Night, Survival Fever (it's a Jimmy T theme, shut up) and particularly Jimmy's Aerobics. Jimmy's Aerobics dethroned Mona Pizza as the best Warioware song by a landslide and if it's not in Smash 4, I'd flip. Real talk.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Jimmy T is the typical kind of character Sakurai would include.

I like the Unicykle Idea.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
As much as I was an Ashley-tard back in the day, I can't deny I've always imagined Jimmy being incorporated in some dual-character moveset (the other half being Waluigi) that basically had them as interchangeable alts. That way the latter could still count as a "Wario" rep.

Either way, I'd definitely support this. I'd think WarioWare is prominent enough nowadays to warrant it. Plus I could just see Sakurai shaking it.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I want him more than Mona because of cats.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Pretty sure we can say that Jimmy T. is the most wanted Wario Ware newcomer.

Ashley is close, but I think she's just barely second.

Either way, I support. I'd probably main him if he somehow got in.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Jimmy T. in SSB4? First reaction would be: "Are you kidding me, Sakurai? A blue-afro-wearing dancer in SSB4?" but somehow he looks unique and as we have a Fitness trainer and a Villager in Smash Bros, why not a dancing king like Jimmy T?

Honestly I have 3 characters in mind for the WarioWare spot I can imagine: Jimmy T., Ashley and Mona. If Kamek gets in, the "We need a witch, we need Ashley" argument won't work anymore. And talking of Mona, I have problems figuring out a good moveset. So in my opinion Jimmy T. would good chances if we get a WarioWare representant beside Wario. I could even see Sakurai represent the two main Wario game series Wario Land and WarioWare by 2 newcomers, one from Wario Land and one from WarioWare. (as Wario is in both series and therefore representative for both series)

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
I kind of feel like Jimmy T. would've been a better second char than Mona, but he's almost moot at this point when WFT took his aerobics gimmick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom