• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Matchups?

CentralMana

Smash Rookie
So I used to play Melee a long time (not competitively) and I have recently joined back in about a year ago and have recently started playing competitively so I was wondering, what are the best match ups for Ganon? I'd really appreciate your guys' input on this. I know this sounds like a nooby question but since I'm fairly new to the competitive scene, I figured that I'd ask this question.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Every character has a chance vs Ganon.

Roy has it pretty bad though. And mewtwo. You have to have really good neutral game vs pichu/G&W because of their speed/hitboxes. Small characters are harder for Ganon to hit and get inside easier. Even Kirby has a few gimmicks you have to look out for.

Ganon does have a ton of matchups that are "close to even" though.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
From mid tier and up, I can agree with this. However, I'd say that Ganondorf does a good job of crushing low tiers. The only low tier that I feel can give Ganondorf trouble might be Kirby here and there, not sure anymore.

But yeah, Ganondorf is the average man tbh. He goes even with, slightly wins, or slightly loses just about every matchup.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
He crushes them if he's constantly on his game. Neutral vs fast characters requires effort. I'm assuming someone making a thread like this isn't necessarily interested in top level play.

Last edited:

AscendantAquila

Smash Cadet
Even when Ganon has matchups he should lose, a hit from Ganon on almost every character can spell disaster for them. He has some harder matchups against faster character but like I said, Ganon punishes so damn hard.

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
Samus and Luigi are two ok MUs

Roy has it pretty bad though. And mewtwo. You have to have really good neutral game vs pichu/G&W because of their speed/hitboxes. Small characters are harder for Ganon to hit and get inside easier. Even Kirby has a few gimmicks you have to look out for.
Emukiller just showed me how impossible it is to catch up to mewtwo on netplay, he can just up+b to escape in any direction and keep charging projectiles the entire game. very hard to land a hit, especially on a stage like FD

Last edited:
Top Bottom