• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Ike In Florida. And I find metaknight easy any questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
DI aether up and you can dair or up air or shuttle loop him out of his way up. Marth can DI aether up and tipper dair ike straight out of it and kill him. Aether spiking only happens if you have straight bad DI. Orion didn't even know he could smack me out of an aether he's being hit by and still up aired me because he was smacking the c stick up at the time and it coincided with when he needed to SDI. This is ignoring the fact that meta knight, y'know, flies.

Deadweight

Smash Ace
Ryo is the best Ike in florida....
And he does have a tough time in the rob matchup :D
But i saw his MM vs Seibrik on saturday and dayum...his ike is too good

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Meh, I'd rather take that chance than just do nothing at all and fall to the gimping.
No one's saying not to try, but it just reinforced the fact that it takes someone else being stupid for that to actually work. Sometimes you have to bank on your opponent being dumb, if you didnt you wouldnt be playing ike.

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
hmm...well it seems I was too quick to want to get advice from the Ike boards. It just seems that everyone is negative and all I really wanted was advice and nothing more...guys if you really want to help a guy out then hit me up.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Ryo, I understand that you are the best Ike in Florida, but you shouldn't have started a new thread. I think more people would have helped you out if you posted in the already exiting Q&A Thread found here. I'm not surprised at all that you don't have trouble with Meta Knight, you did get a lot of matchup experience with RedHalberd's MK. And so did I. In response to Nysyarc, Ryo's actually right. Ike isn't forced to approach Meta Knight. The key to winning this matchup is once you get a lead on Meta Knight, don't approach at all. If Meta Knight doesn't approach at all, short hops work really well. Obvious things not to do is not to double jump so much, because a short hop shuttle loop by Meta Knight and your stock will most likely be gone. Once MK's offstage, you'll want to try to keep him offstage as long as possible without actually going offstage. It's sort of hard to explain, but you'll want to keep the pressure on him when he's trying to recover. Keeping out of his ledge attack will probably coerce him to tornado back onto the stage, which you can react with Bair, retreating Fair, or Counter.

King of Sack

Smash Journeyman
Thats because many TOs are stupid. :bee: Luckily, Texas only has a few people like that. I mean, we use that stage all of the time, it's never caused a problem.
I asked my local T.O. about that... and... *Drum roll*... Pirate Ship is a legal CP here! :D

You should come to a bi-weekly here. lol

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
So it's come to the conclusion down here in florida I'm the best Ike
I stopped reading here.

But seriously, whether it may or may not be true, we don't need a thread that says "ooh, look up to me and ask me questions, for I am so great," especially when you're only tops in one state.

:026:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom