• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beginners guide to playing the Hylian Princess Zelda [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
Omg i cant wait to watch this later. <3

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
How do I approach with Zelda?
You try your hardest not to.

If you have to approach, your only options are grabs, run into shield and short hop nair. Walking too I guess.

If you can help it, stay just outside their range and play footsies until they make a mistake that you can punish. If that doesn't work then they probably know the Zelda matchup.

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
Aerodrome I am having trouble short hopping and using neutral a at the same time. Any tips or is it something i have to get used to.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I have not gotten the Wii U yet only the 3ds version. If I did it would be the GameCube controller.
This one's fairly easy then, I use X to jump, and all you have to do is tap it very lightly and then hit A.

To move while doing a shorthop nair, while jumping forward tap X, return the stick to neutral, then hit A.

It can be jarring at first to get down, but practice makes perfect! Mastering moving shorthop nair will help your gameplay immensely because many characters have very good neutral aerials (Rosalina, Sheik, Ike, etc...)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Great videos. Didn't know that fsmash was awful against opponents in the air... always assumed it was some kind of DI.

Pretty depressing overall though.

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
This one's fairly easy then, I use X to jump, and all you have to do is tap it very lightly and then hit A.

To move while doing a shorthop nair, while jumping forward tap X, return the stick to neutral, then hit A.

It can be jarring at first to get down, but practice makes perfect! Mastering moving shorthop nair will help your gameplay immensely because many characters have very good neutral aerials (Rosalina, Sheik, Ike, etc...)
Do you think i should switch from right trigger to X for jumping?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Do you think i should switch from right trigger to X for jumping?
I guess it depends on personal preference, I have my jump on X because I find it easy to roll my thumb from X to A, rather than using my index finger and thumb at the same time.

Sugar Cookie

Smash Rookie
Honestly I think that a lot of this is false information. Jab is good, it connects reliably and can stop approuches. It can lead up to a dash attack sometimes. Dash attack is more thank average and not garbage. It has good knockback and can kill at a decent percent. It's good for punishes. Yeah sure Ssmash can be escaped sometimes but it kills early and it's usually not escaped only occasionally. Anyways u should be getting kills with Farore's wind anyways. Uair is not garbage, I've gotten kills at 80% with it which is pretty early. How is phantom not a a defensive option it can stop approuchs, K.O punch, and 80% of all other moves. Also Farore's wind combo is useful for oos and punishes. Din's Fire is not bad. It does good damage and is also kills around 100% which is pretty good for a projectile. Just being able to move it around is good. The rest I agree with.

I think u should experiment more or watch nairos recent zelda matches. Her moves R better than that. Other than that it was great

ur combo video was good I loved it

Last edited:

Fuoujin 2

Banned via Warnings
I agree with this video like 100%.

But I thought her grab speed was better in this one?

Also I really don't care enough about Zeldawful to experiment with her, but with D tilt being pretty much the same as in Brawl, "The Good Sis" combo should still be do able yes?

Downdraft

Smash Ace
Sums up Zelda, frankly.
For me, her Brawl incarnation was more fun. I don't play Brawl competitively and don't intend to take Smash 4 seriously either, but I'm still scratching my head at some of the nerfs she received from Brawl and other decisions.

Last edited:

Ampetrix

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christopaz
3DS FC
4527-8084-1972
No. Get out. Now.
May I have to ask, why? Sorry that I have any lack of information of what's going on, but why? Just came here to check out the Zelda forums and found this guide, she's a pretty interesting character(the more knowledge, the better!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom