• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BEEP BEEP - Gnw combo vid

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i made this in 20 minutes

its uploading to yt atm, so itll be like 20 minutes before you can actually see it, im just posting it now because its 3 am or something and i wanna go to bed

lukifer

Smash Apprentice
<3 GnW. Once you learn how to use his up-B offensively he has a pretty beast combo game. Judgement also gives him one of the most varied and overall interesting combo games imo.

One question: how do you DACUS with him? With Ganon I do C-stick down -> up + Z and can pull it off pretty consistently, but I haven't been able to do it this way with GnW yet.

Yung Mei

that method is weird as **** to me, back in my brawl days all i did was Cstick down then immediately c stick up. I could get it with falco, link, and got it once with shiek using this method.

Now in PM the timing is more strict + lack of buffer makes it nearly impossible for me, so for GNW dacus combos what i do is Dash attack using the cstick into them, then cstick up immediately, its a true combo on some characters, but only if you delay the dash attack until youre passing them making the dash attack send them FORWARD instead of back

lukifer

Smash Apprentice
Cool, I'll give that a try, although I wonder if it's something different from a DACUS. I always assumed that in a true DACUS the hitbox for the dash attack never activates, but I could be wrong. I've also seen a video of someone pivot grabbing immediately after performing GnW's dash attack, so I wonder now if it has some special properties or a really early IASA frame that I'm not aware of.

Yung Mei

iirc, yeah, the hitbox does come out, tho its only out WHILE gnw is in the dash attack animation, thats how im able to combo dash attack into usmash. Unless you do it fast enough so that the dash attack hitbox doesnt come out, i dont know about it not coming out at all

EDIT - I just got to play PM for longer than 20 minutes, in 2.6 GNW's dash attack is now reversed from 2.5b. Hitting them straight on sends them forward making the combo easier, hitting them late sends them backwards

Top Bottom