• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BB Tier List

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Subdivide BB into TPs, FFAs, and duels

I feel like I have seen a similar thread back in my lurking days, but it was probably on another site. Nowadays though, such a tier list would need to be divided up for the different types of Basic Brawls that are encountered: taunters vs. crashers, duels & pseudo-duels, and genuine free-for-alls. It could even be argued to be extended to yet another list for Team Battle.

For example, a Jigglypuff would certainly rank higher in duels compared to fighting against teamers. Likewise an Ike does better in genuine free-for-alls than in the others. Overall, I find the trend to be almost upside-down compared to the "official" offline tier lists. That is, I tend to find better players online among the traditional low tiers than I do among the high tiers. Most MKs online are terrible, while the lowest tiers know their characters and are often underestimated.

In any event, the lists may be radically different, based on our experiences with specific characters (or lack thereof with the more rare characters.) My "Diddy" tier would perhaps contain Olimar since I rarely see them and they're never good. Someone else might put him at the top for all I know. One thing we can all agree on, though, is that the online tiers will always be quite different from the traditional offline tiers due to lag issues and various playstyles online. Oh and Kirbys suck. ;-)

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Now I know why AV was banned. Ikes a powerhouse with a big sword? Hmmm? I think thats the reason why the noobs and scrubs pick him......

Top Bottom