• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle At The Toy Trove! - December 15th - St. Catharines, ON, Canada.

Bing

Smash Master
I'm bringing a gamecube and copy of melee, and at least 2 but aiming at 4-5 tvs.

We need memory cards with full game data, that is a must!

This is starting to look hella good! More outreach to be done for sure :)

Excited am I ever.

Also Bing Only in Niagara for July is 100% go at Club La Salle and I already have the funds to pay for the venue.
Thats awesome Yes! :D

Also yeah what Jethrotex said, you can just take the memory card out once its loaded up and move it around.

You can just use 1 memory card and use it in all the cubes :p

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
You can just use 1 memory card and use it in all the cubes :p
There is the 'Niagra' factor at play here. We have memory cards but for what ever reason data isn't there except one or we accidentally overwrite it lol. Just the other day I went to use one of three which I thought all had data; none was to be had. So I had to use my action replay lol.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Thanks for speaking up about the Niagara factor.

Aka Niagara fails.

This is looking really good and I need to get out and play once before this happens or else I'm gonna be quite embarassed getting like 15th LOL

ZaXXoR

Smash Journeyman
There is the 'Niagra' factor at play here. We have memory cards but for what ever reason data isn't there except one or we accidentally overwrite it lol. Just the other day I went to use one of three which I thought all had data; none was to be had. So I had to use my action replay lol.
im in the city and im bringing a cube melee / mem card so u can copy data if need be

on a side note,
this is gonna be sweet!

HammerTime

Smash Journeyman
So I might end up taking canada coach to get out to this. There's one leaving toronto at 11:30 that arrives in st catharines at 12:55. If I'm running a bit late can you enter me into pools? I'll post on this thread tomorrow to let you know if I'm coming.

Edit: my other option is to take the 9:30 bus which gets to st catharines at 11. I don't really wanna get there an hour early unless the toy trove is open at that time for friendlies.

Bing

Smash Master
So I might end up taking canada coach to get out to this. There's one leaving toronto at 11:30 that arrives in st catharines at 12:55. If I'm running a bit late can you enter me into pools? I'll post on this thread tomorrow to let you know if I'm coming.

Edit: my other option is to take the 9:30 bus which gets to st catharines at 11. I don't really wanna get there an hour early unless the toy trove is open at that time for friendlies.
I'll be there at 11ish but I understand if you want to wait, as long as your there by like 1ish Im good with that.

LOL WOWWW I changed the event time but not the schedule. failed.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Will do shout outs when the results thread is posted. Thanks to Todd, the owner of The Toy Trove for the venue and inviting the smash community, and thanks to Bing for TO'ing.

Niko_K

Smash Master
1. Sauce (Fox
2. Windrose (Falcon)
3. Kason (Fox / Falco)
4. Jethrotex (Peach)
5. Niko_K (Fox)
5. Will (Mario)

Great tournament! I was really impressed by Cam and Ryan and hope to keep in contact with as many people as possible!

We officially are allowed to play casual SSBM at The Toy Trove every Friday until 10-11pm!! We have 4 TVs there for the occasion and I'll be bringing two more. All we have to do is bring cubes and we're welcome every Friday for practice and socializing :D

Great games!

Windrose

Smash Lord
The venue was very nice. lots of room and food was great. Thanks for the tournament

====================

kurtis played like ***. he's getting worse and worse. almost lost in grand finals to me.

lesson to be learned: if you play leahue of lehends, you will be bad at melee.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Windrose don't be a scrub

You know I support any sort of snide insults especially when it's done with generous doses of elitism

But Kurtis is solid - Fox's bad days almost always work like 80x worse than any other characters' bad days because fragile and high execution requirement

Kurtis's foundation will keep him relevant in the top 10 for this region for a very long time unless like 4+ people improve drastically out of nowhere and some of them main Peach.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I was really surprised to see Kurtis game improve so much I didn't realize he was top 10 Ontario quality. Hope him and I can get together a lot and practice.

Kason lost because of za hands.

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
who is going to the casual play on friday? I would like to try my gdorf. Also trying to figure out how to keep the moonwalk going across the stage. That is something i want to learn . Sadly i could not make it out to the tournament on saturday

ZaXXoR

Smash Journeyman
who is going to the casual play on friday? I would like to try my gdorf. Also trying to figure out how to keep the moonwalk going across the stage. That is something i want to learn . Sadly i could not make it out to the tournament on saturday
ya im going, brad should as well ,itll be a pretty good turnout dont worry

TPrime1

Smash Rookie
I'd like to thank everyone for coming out. It was a great first event, and I'm glad that so many people enjoyed it. Next time we'll aim for bigger and better.

We're in the process of setting a date for January now. Once we have that set, I'm sure Brad will make sure everybody hears about it. I'm also going to be splitting the events up. We'll have a small local tournament for the local casual players, and we'll have a bigger tournament with a cash pool for the competetive players. That way we might be able to draw a bigger crowd, and in the mean time we can try to get more locals interested with the Friday Night Smash.

Hope to see you all again soon :)

Top Bottom