• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basic Zelda stuff..

CorteX

Smash Cadet
Ftilt is hella good, sets up for a bair nicely.
Usmash oos is insane.
Dash attack sets up for fairs/usmashes/whatever you want.
Nair has great range and is naturally a good move to string bairs and fairs with.
Use utilt. It has great KO power.
Reverse neutralB from the ledge is great for gimps.
I like to abuse her teleport, often just wavelanding straight down for mindgame purposes.

That's all for now.. zelda too good.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Ftilt is hella good, sets up for a bair nicely.
Usmash oos is insane.
Dash attack sets up for fairs/usmashes/whatever you want.
Nair has great range and is naturally a good move to string bairs and fairs with.
Use utilt. It has great KO power.
I like to abuse her teleport, often just wavelanding straight down for mindgame purposes.

That's all for now.. zelda too good.
Dang, thats quite the discovery, she IS too good.
But what does oos mean?
Also, i use ftilt-bair all the time on cpu spacies. The improved AI is excellent for practice.
Just more and more things to love about P:M in general.

leelue

Smash Lord
"Oos" is shorthand for "out of shield". You can do any action out of shield that can cancel a jump (since you can jump Oos), and up smash is oe of those things.

Unfortunately you can't use the C-stick, because melee.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Thanks, One more thought for today on throws. Jumping then fastfalling a nair is a great setup for a throw. Although most of the time it will cause the opponent to switch sides causing you to have to turn to do the throw. Down throw can sometimes be followed up with a ftilt, then bair depending on DI i believe. Foward throw can lead to an immediate fair. (Tech chase fair if the opponent is a spacie or other fastfaller like C.Falcon). Lastly Bair...........is just heavy knockback bair.
Zelda too good XD.

Edit:Back throw i mean, instead of bair on the last sentence.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
You just gave me so many ideas. Thanks. ^_^

Edit: contributions!

Dtilt->Uair is nice.
Chaining Usmash is nice.
Double Naryu's is flashy as hell (land cancel the first one into a second one).
Chaining the first hit of teledash is also really flashy but not exactly practical.
Throwing people into Dins is BnB. Learn how to count to 6.
Don't forget that you can waveland out of fair, bair, and dair.
You can also SH->double fair/bair
Teleporting to the ledge is extremely legit.
Farore's ledge stall is too good.
Teleport crossups are delicious.
It doesn't seem like many people teleport onto/off of platforms... you can be anywhere on stage and it's wonderful. Just be mindful of the 30 frame startup.

Perfecthell4

Smash Apprentice
Coming from Melee Zelda, proper spacing of Fair and Bair is everything. Get it down to a science, and you'll mess with the opponents head. They never want to approach after the first few 20% kicks to the face. Also, Dsmash. Holy legit. Hitbox is good edgeguarding by the ledge, it can combo out of sourspot fair and bair if FFL'd, 4 frame start-up, decent semi-spike knockback, it's incredible. Dsmash all day.

Pyrogamer

Smash Journeyman
how does zelda do that awesome flying nayru's love?? no one in ohio can figure it out :(

Arcalyth

GLS | root
for some reason I never really thought about the fact that there's a DI mixup on dthrow/bthrow. If you condition dthrow, then good DI for it might turn that DI into a quick bthrow kill (or at least a good edgeguard situation) at lower percents than usual.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
mix ups ussually leave little time for the opponent to make a decision. both those throws are too slow to really be a DI mix up for each other. fthrow is her fastest throw and is the DI mix up for dthrow. its pretty hard to get anything from the mix up though.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I commonly see ryoko follow an upwards DI on fthrow with uair. (At least on floaties.) Upward DI seems to happen a lot more than I'd expect.

Top Bottom