• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie Mafia: Grunty's Back! Game Over! Did Grunty win in the end?

Maven89

Smash Master
FYI post 340

This was 3 days into day 1, with 3 days left and only two votes on bardul. There wasn't a lot of pressure on bardul, and I found it very strange (although it turned out to be nothing)
Oh my god, he's saying "I don't believe this push is strong enough to result in Bardull's death, so unless Bardull claims to be scum in his next post the push will die", not "Bardull is going to roleclaim"

Jesus christ are you actually mafia? If so why would you even quote that at me

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Oh my god, he's saying "I don't believe this push is strong enough to result in Bardull's death, so unless Bardull claims to be scum in his next post the push will die", not "Bardull is going to roleclaim"

Jesus christ are you actually mafia? If so why would you even quote that at me
I mean, why would rake even bring up the possibility of claiming at this point? It's useless to argue over it now, seeing that hindsight is 20-20

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
I mean, why would rake even bring up the possibility of claiming at this point? It's useless to argue over it now, seeing that hindsight is 20-20
Is it useless? Is it really?

Yes, hindsight bias is a thing. That's why questions like "How did you feel about X on D1?" don't work.

But questioning why you would twist that quote to use in a push on a Townie...

That's perfectly reasonable.

Maven89

Smash Master
I just don't buy it RadicalRat. I don't think any of it really lines up. The point in town for him is not "leading the bard lynch", let's be clear here, bard was basically doomed before he even claimed. The town point is for counter-claiming Bard and the way he did. Especially since he originally claimed even-night tracker. In effect, if SneakyTako was trying to draw out a counter claim, he went out of his way to guarantee it, since he claimed both odd/even, and drawing out a counterclaim is basically guaranteeing he'll die within a day or two as one or the other will be lynched. Which would mean the mafia was purposefully sacrificing both bard and sneakytako for the hopes of grabbing a single PR, when there's multiple games where the town wins without the PR's really playing a role due to their early deaths/whatnot.

And, more specifically, the attempt to grab a counterclaim would have already occurred when Bard originally claimed tracker. There's no reason to throw in someone else claiming tracker on top of that.

Same point, sneakytako sneakytako , why do you not seem to consider yourself a viable NK target by the mafia? You seem to always suggest me and even zaixl, but you're a confirmed PR. Why do you think you haven't been killed?

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Same point, sneakytako sneakytako , why do you not seem to consider yourself a viable NK target by the mafia? You seem to always suggest me and even zaixl, but you're a confirmed PR. Why do you think you haven't been killed?
Because he's mafia. He's much too dangerous for a mafia without him to just let live. All it takes is one track, and they're screwed.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
I still think killing Generic and then considering tako the next day is a better option. :/ Unless something immediately scummy comes up I'm not moving my vote.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
We can't let this day go to waste

Orboknown Orboknown thoughts?
R RadicalRat why are you refusing to answer people's responses about your Tako read?
sneakytako sneakytako who should we lynch and who would be more likely to be scum if Generic is? Same with Orboknwon?
Kaladin Kaladin who are your town reads? If sneaky is mafia who is his partner?
I see yourself, Moosy, and Orbo as town. Everyone else hasn't done much or is scum.

As for who Tako's partner is... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Rat?

Maven89

Smash Master
Moosey and I are pushing for your lynch, but you read us as town and not scum.

RadicalRat is pushing for everyone to lynch SneakyTako, but you believe he's Sneakytako's scum partner, who you're voting for, therefore you think he's likely to be mafia

What are your reasons for these stances?

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Moosey and I are pushing for your lynch, but you read us as town and not scum.

RadicalRat is pushing for everyone to lynch SneakyTako, but you believe he's Sneakytako's scum partner, who you're voting for, therefore you think he's likely to be mafia

What are your reasons for these stances?
Ah, ok. I read you and Moosy as town because I can see your reasoning against me, and yall seem pretty town on everyhing else this game.

Idk about rat, hence the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ , but he could be trying to pocket me/bus tako.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Arrogance. He thought he had eliminated any reason for doubt of his Towniness, and pardon the pun, went to Town with it.

Tako scares me more. If this were an even night, I'd pick Generic to lynch no problem, and postpone Tako.

But tonight is the night Tako gets to be of use to those mafia scoundrels, and I don't want to give him that chance.
if hes mafia
I doubt hes tracker or that he's odd night only

Orboknown

Smash Hero
We can't let this day go to waste

Orboknown Orboknown thoughts?
R RadicalRat why are you refusing to answer people's responses about your Tako read?
sneakytako sneakytako who should we lynch and who would be more likely to be scum if Generic is? Same with Orboknwon?
Kaladin Kaladin who are your town reads? If sneaky is mafia who is his partner?
Rads in a tunnel but hes town, bes being way too stubborn about this to be scum
Ryu should post things
Generic can get poe 'd out
You're town and so is moosy
Snealy needs to stop thinking hes god

Maven89

Smash Master
It's not so much countering, as giving both sides similar abilities.
But if they're odd/even night then there's no way for them to find each other, it'd be really pointless to have a mafia role that tracks people that only works on the night the main town PR can't target people.

QUOTE="*GenericHandle*, post: 20266539, member: 283701"]He went to scum when he tried to pull his "think of my argument for me" crap. Then Bard flipped, that pushed him over the edge. I'll elaborate+look at bard defense when I'm not on mobile.[/QUOTE]

This isn't the order it happened in, what you're saying tipped you over the edge happened before what you claimed laid the groundwork

Maven89

Smash Master
I actually don't think the vote count has changed except for my vote, so it's 2 for Generic and 2 for SneakyTako, 4 to lynch

Sneakytako has already said he was down to voting Generic so we just need one more vote to make sure a lynch goes through

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
But if they're odd/even night then there's no way for them to find each other, it'd be really pointless to have a mafia role that tracks people that only works on the night the main town PR can't target people.

Ah... You're right.
I didn't think about that.

It's entirely possible he DIDN'T lie about being even at first.... Which would explain why he waited to tell us who he targetted until toDay....

In either case, he can't use his ability tonight, which makes him and Generic equal in lynch priority, therefore I should choose the most likely to actually get lynched.

Unvote
Vote: GenericHandle

I might be wrong, but I think this hammers?

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
EBWOP

My quote glitched, but you can see where Maven ends and I begin.

I also got Ninja'd by Maven's votecount, so I do NOT hammer

Maven89

Smash Master
I'll be active today so I can hammer almost any time, I want to get the most we can out of this day and didn't want Generic self hammering to end it

sneakytako

Smash Lord
The combination of confidence and confusion has probably kept me alive so far, but I've been playing every day like it's my last imo.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
I don't really have a great answer for you maven, but day 2 I think they might have been intimidated by the fact that I kept insisting that my filp would help town.

Also
Snealy needs to stop thinking hes god
Hey man, I've 1-2 for successful scum hunts. Quit hatin.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
The fact that you're not drawing the obvious conclusion that you're the obvious doctor protect is a bit worrying. I'm presuming that set ups are random which means that doctor is not guaranteed though. Hm...

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
"You better start to hurry, or I'll make your backsides no longer furry!"

~Day 3 Vote-count 3.2~

1. Orboknown (0)
2. RadicalRat (0)
3. ASC | Red Ryu (0)
4. sneakytako
(2) Generic, RadRat
5. Maven89 (0)
6. *GenericHandle*
(2) Moosy, Sneaky
7. MoosyDoosy (0)

Not Voting (4): Orbo, Red Ryu, Maven

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to vanquish!
Deadline is set for Sunday 10/11 at Midnight MST!

Maven89

Smash Master
Actually I'm thinking they didn't NK him because they believed they could get him lynched on Rake's town flip. With that in mind, it'd mean they believed he'd get the proc night 1, so they killed Gheb. Night 2 they might have figured he'd be considered less towny, and not likely to get the protection, but also in a position where he'll be up for a lynch the next day. Believing the protection would go to someone else, like me, they decided to kill Zaixl. I still find that kill odd, but maybe they believed it'd frame Moosy like several people immediately suggested.

I'm not taking any of that for fact, but atm it seems the most likely scenario for what has occurred.

Which is why I'm actually thinking RadicalRat is becoming way more likely as Generic's partner.

Only other real option is Orbo, but I'm not comfortable putting that slot either way yet

Or it could be Red Ryu/Koopa, in which case it's basically impossible to figure out until they post

But my mind is currently on RadicalRat as the next partner.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Do Mafia know the role set up or no?
Actually I'm thinking they didn't NK him because they believed they could get him lynched on Rake's town flip. With that in mind, it'd mean they believed he'd get the proc night 1, so they killed Gheb. Night 2 they might have figured he'd be considered less towny, and not likely to get the protection, but also in a position where he'll be up for a lynch the next day. Believing the protection would go to someone else, like me, they decided to kill Zaixl. I still find that kill odd, but maybe they believed it'd frame Moosy like several people immediately suggested.

I'm not taking any of that for fact, but atm it seems the most likely scenario for what has occurred.

Which is why I'm actually thinking RadicalRat is becoming way more likely as Generic's partner.

Only other real option is Orbo, but I'm not comfortable putting that slot either way yet

Or it could be Red Ryu/Koopa, in which case it's basically impossible to figure out until they post

But my mind is currently on RadicalRat as the next partner.
Well you just kind of listed everyone that's more or less a null. :D

-rolls in thread-

Top Bottom