• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BAM7 International Guest Trailer Released

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

For those that do not know, Battle Arena Melbourne 7 (BAM7) is one of Australia's largest International Smash tournaments hosted each year. Hosted by CouchWarriors this year will sport a Melee and Smash 4 tournament as well as events for other fighting games including Ultra Street Fighter IV, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat X, Dead or Alive 5 Last Round, Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-, and possibly more.

For previous events, local community members have came together to raise funds and bring over international Smash players to come and experience the often overlooked but still powerful Smash scene in Australia and Oceania. This year the community has really done some amazing things and has managed to bring more than ever before with FIVE International Smash players attending that include Armada, Leffen, Lucky, Mango and WIFE as shown is this awesome trailer created by their streaming partner NewGamePlus.

BAM7 will be taking place from May 22nd to the 24th at CQ Functions,123 Queen St in Melbourne. For more details on the event be sure to check out their Smashboards thread. If this has sparked interest in learning more about the Australian Smash scene be sure to also check out the Australia Regional Forum on Smashboards to learn about their other exciting upcoming events. For any players in Oceania who want to become more connected as well it is worth visiting the Oceanic Netplay Thread on Smashboards as well. Best of luck to all of the International players attending, they're going to need it!

SmashCapps seriously loves to follow the Australian Smash scene as they have some amazing players that deserve more recognition. Be sure to follow him on Twitter to let him know about any other exciting events happening soon in other communities!

Kingkool

Smash Apprentice
Thank you Wife for being the only one on that list to not have Fox as their character. Just do me a favor and don't go Armada on us and drop that Peach, we are rapidly approaching "Fox only" not being a joke anymore

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I don't know a single Australian Smasher as far as I'm aware.
You are by far missing out on some talent. I'm still amazing people aren't raving on how @Villyness (V) managed to take off ZeRo and go to game three during Smash 4 Worldwide something many players in the US haven't even managed. There is major talent in Australia that shouldn't be overlooked!

Last edited:

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Good, Australia needs more representation!

flying_tortoise

Smash Journeyman
I never thought of Australia having a smash scene, but that's because I never knew about events like this.
Good Luck to all of Australia, hope it's a great tourney.

Mb one day we can have a USA team vs. other countries' teams.
Smash Olympics anyone?

Last edited:

9Tales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
9Tales_of_Hoenn
Melee character art is too out of date, let's use Smash 4 XD

Last edited:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Thank you Wife for being the only one on that list to not have Fox as their character. Just do me a favor and don't go Armada on us and drop that Peach, we are rapidly approaching "Fox only" not being a joke anymore
I remember a tournament (I don't know exactly what it was) where M2K lost and the semifinals and finals were Fox vs. Fox. And of course to this day, I still see more Foxes.

This man is the truth. If anyone comes up to me saying Melee is balanced, this is going to become a long thread of arguements.

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
Leffen shares his strenght? More like Leffen shows the Johns.

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
I searched through videos for Australian talent in melee and it looked fairly barren. Did I just miss the good ones or what are bigger names to look for?

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
I never thought of Australia having a smash scene, but that's because I never knew about events like this.
This pisses me off every time I hear it. Why WOULDN'T we have a Smash scene? We're a first world country with over 20 million people! Do people really think Australia is the barren wasteland it's often depicted as?

Last edited:

NanoHologuise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3110-6094-3408
I searched through videos for Australian talent in melee and it looked fairly barren. Did I just miss the good ones or what are bigger names to look for?
Redact, SD and Dekar are Melbourne's Best. Aside from that there's Skeletom, Smoking Puppy, a few others who I've missed completely lol. Check out the Melbourne Melee Youtube and Twitch, and the South Australia Youtube and Twitch for VODs of matches.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
This pisses me off every time I hear it. Why WOULDN'T we have a Smash scene? We're a first world country with over 20 million people! Do people really think Australia is the barren wasteland it's often depicted as?
20 million people is like the population of New York City.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Smash is just as much of a thing in Australia as it is anywhere else, we just have less people and not much access to well known streaming teams or sponsors. There's a lot of talent here but it's especially hard for even our best players to get exposure outside of Aus-the fact that some people thought there wasn't even a scene here at all says enough...

If anyone's interested, we can easily make a list of our best players to watch for each game.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
If there's Australian players here in this thread, here's your shot. Besides preventing that the guest player will take top 4 at your own tournament, this thread is a good possibility to highlight some of your best players.

S.D

Smash Master
We've had top players flown out in the past.
Last year we had Armada and Lucky attend an event, previous to that Mango has visited, as has M2K, Ken and Captain Jack.
Lucky was challenged by a handful of Aus players, (twice taken to game 5 in tournament) though was still clearly a cut above when it came to crunch time.
Re size, the Australian scene is decently large and continues to grow, with monthly tournaments in Melbourne attracting close to 100 and active scenes in the other states.
While it is not US standard, there are some players who are competitive at that level.
Also TY to OP for the shoutouts, it should be a great tournament!

Last edited:

NanoHologuise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3110-6094-3408
Hi I'm karnu from Australia, I'm the worst Lucario main for smash 4 and PM and Jiggs melee main in the word, MM me for free $$
Better than my Lucario in PM probs xD Might take you up on that MM at BAM tho

The Carpenter

Smash Apprentice
I saw a few others already mentioned Dekar. As it were, I was housing Dekar during APEX. Dude is an amazing Marth/Falcon

S.D

Smash Master
Does anyone know if Kupo still plays Melee?
She is no longer an active player, however she did donate to the crowd funding for this year's international guests.
Comeback?

EDIT
Good Luck to all of Australia, hope it's a great tourney.

Mb one day we can have a USA team vs. other countries' teams.
Smash Olympics anyone?
This actually happened at Genesis 1, when several international crews competed in a crew battle tournament.
Team Eurasia included two players from Australia, including CAOTIC (featured in the documentary), and the likes of Armada.
The international team was beaten by Canada, I assume the US won.

Last edited:

Kaiza

Smash Journeyman
We just had a major in Queensland (ButtonSmash 2015) that had a good turn out which was streamed on my channel over at http://twitch.tv/kaizmo
Follow this stream and twitch.tv/melbournemelee to keep in the know with the 2 best smash streams in Aus
Also following @MelbourneMelee and @kaizmo_ on twitter to get more frequent updates about our scene

Last edited:

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Hi I'm karnu from Australia, I'm the worst Lucario main for smash 4 and PM and Jiggs melee main in the word, MM me for free $$
$1,000 MM to help cover my flights to Evo lets go. :]

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
Smash is just as much of a thing in Australia as it is anywhere else, we just have less people and not much access to well known streaming teams or sponsors. There's a lot of talent here but it's especially hard for even our best players to get exposure outside of Aus-the fact that some people thought there wasn't even a scene here at all says enough...

If anyone's interested, we can easily make a list of our best players to watch for each game.
I think that right there seems to be the biggest hurdle. I'm fully aware of Melbourne's Smash scene, and good on them as well for roping in some of Smash's big wigs for BAM - rock on Melbourne! However, every time I do occasionally look at the Aussie hub here, as a Sydney-sider, I see a lot of Victoria, a bit of ACT - of all places. (I've always felt that Question Time is just political Smash! :troll:) A bit of South Australia. I am forced to admit that I do think the Smash scene in NSW at least sort half alive.

Apart from Smash City I wouldn't mind knowing other Smash communities in the New South of the Wales and the state players.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
bad random yanks not knowing about Australia having a scene, no surprises here.
it's ok, the homies know.

Gords

Smash Champion
You are by far missing out on some talent. I'm still amazing people aren't raving on how @Villyness (V) managed to take off ZeRo and go to game three during Smash 4 Worldwide something many players in the US haven't even managed. There is major talent in Australia that shouldn't be overlooked!
is there a vod of that set?

Top Bottom