• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Baby Yoshi Support Thread (NOT THE ONE FROM PAPER MARIO!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Disclaimer: Do not lock or merge this with the Baby Yoshi Thread of the one from Thousand Year Door. This is a completely different character!!!
BABY YOSHI SUPPORT THREAD!!! (HE'S SOOO CUTE!)
Wouldn't it be so cool to have a cute little Baby Yoshi (not the ugly one from Super Mario World ) as our second Yoshi character? It'd represent the babies without using Mario.

Debut: Super Smash Brothers 4 (Wii U/3DS)
Series: Yoshi/Super Smash Brothers

Baby Yoshi is similar to a Pichu clone. But, instead of being a useless weakling it has it's stronger advantages to adult Yoshi. (similar to Toon Link).

Move Set:

Neutral Special: Toungue (Since he's only a baby, isntead of laying eggs, he keeps you in his mouth and damages you until you manage to escape. Similar to King Dedede.)

Forward Special: Egg Roll (This is harder to control. Once you decide to change direction the egg drifts in place making a tire screech sound. Anyone who touches this becomes briefly trapped in the ground catering the Pit Fall item.)

Downward Special: Same as Yoshi

Upward Special: Egg Throw (Unlike Yoshi, this egg does not travel as far, but instead explodes like a bomb.)

FINAL SMASH: Lullaby (This move does not damage opponents, but instead Baby Yoshi falls asleep and regains all health.)

Support this adorable and awesome character addition. Or he'll make you go "AWWWWWWWW" until your head explodes. :yoshi64: :yoshi64: :yoshi64:
:happysheep:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I thought you were referring to those blue/pink/yellow Baby Yoshis from New Super Mario Bros.
I honestly do not support this idea whatsoever, but wouldn't the NSMB Baby Yoshi have much more potential to not be a complete Yoshi clone?

For example:
Neutral Special: Gulp - Baby Yoshi swallows the opponent, and can chew them or spit them out. (like Wario's neutral special)
Side Special: Bubble - Baby Yoshi spews out many bubbles that can temporarily trap opponents.
Up Special: Balloon - Baby Yoshi inflates like a balloon and floats upward. This can be controlled left and right.
Down Special: Glow - Baby Yoshi quickly flashes a bright yellow, which can stun nearby opponents. This move can be charged.
Final Smash: Stampede - This one is in fact an homage to Baby Yoshi from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. Baby Yoshi calls upon his many Yoshi friends who come stampeding onto the stage, dealing damage and burying anybody who they tread upon.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I thought you were referring to those blue/pink/yellow Baby Yoshis from New Super Mario Bros.
I honestly do not support this idea whatsoever, but wouldn't the NSMB Baby Yoshi have much more potential to not be a complete Yoshi clone?

For example:
Neutral Special: Gulp - Baby Yoshi swallows the opponent, and can chew them or spit them out. (like Wario's neutral special)
Side Special: Bubble - Baby Yoshi spews out many bubbles that can temporarily trap opponents.
Up Special: Balloon - Baby Yoshi inflates like a balloon and floats upward. This can be controlled left and right.
Down Special: Glow - Baby Yoshi quickly flashes a bright yellow, which can stun nearby opponents. This move can be charged.
Final Smash: Stampede - This one is in fact an homage to Baby Yoshi from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. Baby Yoshi calls upon his many Yoshi friends who come stampeding onto the stage, dealing damage and burying anybody who they tread upon.
So give him that stuff. I don't care.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Why should Baby Yoshi get in? They are better off as items because they were treated like items.

And that Final Smash idea sounds lame. So, all it does is go to sleep and recover all health points? Why does it inaccurately get the canonically accurate Rest move from Pokemon games?

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Why should Baby Yoshi get in? They are better off as items because they were treated like items.

Yoshi also start as an item, i dont see the problem.
They only need to make an appareance for being plausable, is this baby yoshis or the stork, decide.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yoshi also start as an item, i dont see the problem.
They only need to make an appareance for being plausable, is this baby yoshis or the stork, decide.
Wow... talk about lowering the bar if we are going to take in characters like Baby Yoshi...

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Because...Yoshi's actually a character in his own right now and not just a powerup?

For the record though, Baby Yoshi is dependent on which verson: Yoshi game baby Yoshi(end of Yoshi's Island DS, Yoshi's Story) are cute as a button but lack unique moveset options to set them apart from their iconic adult form, whilst the NSMBWiiU/LuigiU/Super Mario World Yoshi's have more abilties that Yoshi doesn't seem to touch on, but they are pretty damn ugly babies.

Not sure I can support either version though, even as a huge Yoshi fan. For a secondary Yoshi character, Kamek is king, and Baby Mario/Luigi/Peach/DK/Wario/Bowser have more prevelance within the Yoshi games.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Because the nonexistant Baby Yoshi is Saturn's dream character choice. I mean we all have our own, and this is his.

However, no Baby Yoshi will ever top The Great Gonzales Junior. Ranked #1 in the Glitz Pit and doesn't afraid of anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom