• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B-Star Gaming league London

Ike_taunt

Smash Rookie
Super Smash Bros. Brawl tournament occurring every fortnight In London, England!!

Expect a fun, prize packed day for both tournament and casual gamers.
Our Launch will have 3 simulataneous headline tournaments, casual gaming lounge, anime screenings, gaming music, trading card zone, and plenty of side tournaments and challenges.
As its our launch expect extra give-aways and bonus prizes on the day!

Entry:
Super Smash Bros. Brawl £12

Spectator £7 includes access to gaming lounge and side tournaments

Spaces limited to 110

Prizes:
below 40 entrants cash prizes for top 8
At 40 entrants the winner takes home a Google nexus 7.
60 entrants winner takes home a Google nexus 7 and Dre beats headphone
90-100 entrants possibly a holiday for two depending on choice destination or another prize to be discussed.

RSVP on http://www.facebook.com/BstarGamingleague
click event and Join, than post a message saying how many people and which game tournament you wish to enter

Mr-R

Smash Champion
This actually sounds hype? how many peopel are going to this

Ike_taunt

Smash Rookie
Come show support at this event, I want to try and build a place for Smash bros gamers in London to go regularly every month.
Also if there is anything that is generally missing in tournaments that you guys want let me know

BlizzyWolf

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlizzyWuff
Mr R, you should go lol :B
We have Salty Runbacks every 2 weeks or so in Croydon too, so I hope the days dont clash. I want to come to this.

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
Where is this event? I'm sure some people would go. SR is not running as often as it should =/.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I would go, because i always like to support new smash things. But Its clashing with the mcm anime expo. And there's no way ANYTHING takes priority over that

Ike_taunt

Smash Rookie
The events in South London and ill make sure the days wont clash with any other events from now on :)

Feather

Smash Cadet
This actually sounds hype? how many peopel are going to this
Yeah this should be decent. Havent been to a smash tourney in a while so this will be good to de-rust myself lol And Ramin I doubt this will be worth for you to travel all the way here but if it gets big it should be good. We will make sure to let you know about any big upcoming UK tourneys. :)

flamekid

Smash Cadet
Interesting... I so badly need that "holiday to a destination of your choice"... but I won't win, so there's not really much point. Ah well.

A message to whoever goes: Good luck! Enjoy it.

Ike_taunt

Smash Rookie
well if you dont feel ready to compete just come and play friendlies and enjoy the day. Will be fun even if you don't compete :bee:

flamekid

Smash Cadet
well if you dont feel ready to compete just come and play friendlies and enjoy the day. Will be fun even if you don't compete :bee:
It's not that I don't feel ready, it's just that I know there are some players who are better than me! Kinda need to save every penny I've got, so if there's no chance of winning, unfortunately I won't be going. Sorry!
I'd have to travel via train too, so venue fees aren't the only costs I will be paying that day. ;)
(Not trying to sound like a bad loser or anything... just putting my life ahead of SSBB :p)

Ike_taunt

Smash Rookie
Just letting you guys and gals know that these are the most likely prizes for the night

But if there is something else the winner wants they can ask for that on the day

Prizes: below 40 entrants cash prizes for top 8
At 40 entrants the winner takes home a Google nexus 7.
60 entrants winner takes home a Google nexus 7 and Dre beats headphone
90-100 entrants possibly a holiday for two depending on choice destination or another prize to be discussed

Also please post a message on the facebook page so i know how many set-ups to bring

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Yoooooooo, I am so confirmed for this if it hits 40 entrants

/greed

Ike_taunt

Smash Rookie
Well hype it up so we can get a good community going and better prizes for everyone :)

flamekid

Smash Cadet
Just one final question, about the start and finish times. What are they? xD

Need to know what time this finishes, that'll decide whether or not I'll attend.

Ike_taunt

Smash Rookie
sure thing flamekid, the doors open at 11am with entry into the gaming area. The tourney starts at 1pm and should finish before 7pm. Any other questions let me know or post on the facebook page.

Ike_taunt

Smash Rookie
well if the turnout is ok than expect another tournament next month and will have melee aswell

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
I will come to this, but once good players hear about the prizes they are likely to show up (Mr. R)... good prizes is a good way to attract the best players lol. If there aren't many prize spots and I know there are better players than me there I will be less likely to pay £12 to enter... if it includes Brawl singles, Brawl doubles, Project M, and a Melee tournament then I wouldn't mind.

sinth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sinth_technique
Switch FC
SW-6875-3919-6957
Might actually turn up to this as the regular Salty Runbacks tournaments seem to have temporarily paused plus I am impressed that prizes will be on offer which does help motivate me to support.

Btw @Gardex I got this hah.

SolCalibre

One of UK's Best Sonics, apparently.
NNID
Solcalibur64
I would go, because i always like to support new smash things. But Its clashing with the mcm anime expo. And there's no way ANYTHING takes priority over that
^ This basically. This sunday won't cut it for me and isn't £12 a BIT much?

BlizzyWolf

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlizzyWuff
lol at your sig ^
Yeah £12, hnng
Im still going tomorrow, gonna make Cloud proud with dat Fox xD

Feather

Smash Cadet
Ohh, looks like quite a few of my rivals are going to this. Tomorrow should be interesting then :) And yeah like GP said we shall keep the Europeans informed about this e.g if there are is another one following .Depending on the turnout if i can spread the word to other smashers and not as short notice hopefully more ppl will come. And if the organisers are up for it I can help them out more next time. Looking forward to seeing everyone 2mra should be a fun day.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
think it was j.miller. almost no-one went AFAIK but thats what happens when it clashes with other events. next one should be stacked

Top Bottom