• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Aug 9, 2014] Smashing in Space! SSBM/Project M Singles/Doubles (Pensacola, FL)

Fro Fo Sho

Smash Rookie
INFO:

Smashing in Space is going to be the second half of the Pensacola Revival Series. After this tournament, we will decide which direction we want to head in terms of weeklies, bi-weeklies, and monthlies. We may do another crew battle depending on time.

VENUE:

There will be a $5 dollar venue fee. This venue has a strict no outside food or drink policy. They do sell soda, water, Gatorade, candy bars, snacks etc.

EVENTS:

Melee Singles $5:

Best 2 of 3 matches. Winner Bans stage, loser picks stage, winner picks character, then loser picks character. Repeat until set completes.

Best 3 of 5 for Semi-finals and Grand Finals. No bans allowed. Cannot play on the same stage you’ve already won on.

Neutral Stages: Yoshi’s Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, Final Destination, Battle Field

Counter-pick Stages: Pokemon Stadium

RPS for port priority, Stage Strike.

Wobbling is legal (cannot wobble pass 300%)

Glitches (like freeze glitch)/stalling (such as Peaches Side+B) are banned.

If 2 players enter sudden death from a time-out, the person with the least % wins. If it goes into sudden death because 2 players die at the exact same time, a rematch with only 1 stock will be played out.

Pausing will forfeit a stock.

Melee Doubles $5 dollars per entrant ($10 dollars per team):

Best 2 of 3 matches. Winner team bans stage, loser team picks stage, winner team picks characters, and then loser team picks characters. Repeat until set completes.

Best 3 of 5 for Semi-finals and Grand Finals. No bans allowed. Cannot play on the same stage you’ve already won on.

Neutral Stages: Yoshi’s Story, Dreamland 64, Final Destination, Battle Field, and Pokemon Stadium

Project M Singles $5:

Best 2 of 3 matches. Winner bans 3 stages, loser picks stage, winner picks character, then the loser pick character. Repeat until set completes.

Best 3 of 5 matches for Semi-finals and Grand Finals, no bans allowed, cannot play on the same stage you’ve already won on.

Starter Stages: Battlefield, Dream Land 64, Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium 2, Smashville, Yoshi Story (Melee).

Counter-pick Stages: Yoshi’s Island (Brawl), Lylat Cruise, Wario Ware, Green Hill Zone. Skyworld.

RPS for port priority, Stage stike.

Project M Doubles $5 per entrant ($10 per team).

Best 2 of 3 matches. Winning team bans 3 stages, losing team pick stages, winning team pick characters, losing team picks characters. Repeat until set completes.

Best 3 of 5 matches for Semi-finals and Grand Finals, no bans allowed. Cannot play on the same stage you’ve already won on.

Starter Stages: Battlefield, Dream Land 64, Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium 2, Smashville, Yoshi Story (Melee).

Counter-pick Stages: Yoshi’s Island (Brawl), Lylat Cruise, Dracula’s Castle, Distant Planet.

Payouts will be:

1st 60%

2nd 30%

3rd 10%

SCHEDULE:

Tentative at all times. Events may start earlier or later but no more than 2 hours. Please be early to make sure you’re here for the event you’re wishing to enter.

11:00 Registration starts. (If you’re coming to a later event, you may register when you arrive as long as you get there within 5 minutes of the tournament starting.)

11:30 Registration ends. Project M Doubles Begins

1:30 Project M Singles Begins

4:30 Melee Doubles Begins

6:30 Melee Singles Begins

11:00 Venue Closes.

We will need Set Ups. If you can bring one, please bring it by 10:30 A.M.

Any questions, feel free to post below. If I’m missing any information, please say so and I’ll correct it.

TO :

Zone: 850-532-9666

Dinowulf 334-327-9412

Fro Fo Sho: 850-585-4574

Uncle Anime

Smash Rookie
I'll be there for PM and might be bringing 2-4 folks with me. I think we have a melee and PM setup we can bring as well.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
I've recently picked up Puff and feel pretty good about it, can't wait to see if the practice pays off :D

Top Bottom