• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Aug 23, 2014] FX Biweeklies (Plano, TX)

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
FX Bi-Weeklies
Melee Singles & Doubles

When: Saturday August 23rd, 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm

Where: FX Game Exchange
3000 Custer Rd, Plano TX 75075

Schedule: 12:00 am Arrive/ registration
12:30 pm Doubles begins
3:00 pm Singles begins
Schedule is tentative so feel free to contact Gabe if you're worried about making singles or w/e; Gabe's phone number is at the bottom.

DO NOT BRING FULL SETUPS!!! FX Supplies all the CRTs we need. All you need to bring is Wiis and Gamecubes with Melee. If you can only bring your system or whatever, do that.

Entry Fee: Singles: $5 - DISCOUNT!
Teams: $5 per player, $10 per team
Venue: $5 per person, $3 if you bring a set up that is used.

Pay Outs: TBD (most likely 60/30/10)

Rules:
Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Final Destination
Dreamland 64
Fountain of Dreams (singles only)
Pokemon Stadium (doubles only)

Counter Picks:
Pokemon Stadium (singles)
Kongo Jungle 64 (doubles)

General:
Items are off.
4 stocks, 8 minutes
Team attack is ON
Life stealing is allowed
Pause is OFF
Wobbling is legal.
Standard DSR (you may not counter pick a stage you have already won on in a set)
Coaching is not allowed during sets.
Stalling is banned (will elaborate if necessary).
1 stage ban in best of 3 set, no stage bans in best of 5 set.
Stage Striking is 1-2-1

Other Rules
1. The Tournament Organizer is the arbiter of all disputes.
2. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
3. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
4. MikeHaze rule: No intentionally disrupting players, whether physically or vocally. This applies to EVERYONE, players and spectators. Simply talking to the players (and Hype moments) are exempt.
5. Gentleman's Clause: Any change to the rules is permitted if agreed upon by both players, except for the 8 minute time limit.
6. Dave's Stupid Rule: players cannot counterpick back to a stage that they have already won on in a set.
7. Textures are Cool Clause: We're usually pretty lenient with textures/custom music. You're welcome to bring your set up to the tournament with them, but please do not have any disruptive music, hard to see textures, or dramatically altered character models. If you have a problem with the set up you're playing on, notify the TO and we'll get it resolved ASAP.
Additional Notes: A lot of kids come through the venue on a Saturday. Don't yell curse words in the store (including ****).
Show up on time. If you need to contact Gabe, the TO cause you'll be late, his number is: 972-693-4339
Again, bring your Wiis/GCs/Copies of Melee!
(shoutouts to Mint/Aliami/Salami/whatever-it-is for doing all of this for me :) )

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Melee is hardddddddddddddd
but not playing it is harderrrrrrrrrr

Scaremonger

Smash Apprentice
Based Gabe keeping Melee alive.

Has the owner axed the venue fee bypass for lifetime members yet? Either way, I'll definitely be coming to all of these.

Oh also, what's the situation with setups? I just picked up a second setup, so I could possibly bring 2 full setups to these things. The new CRT I got has a really, really nice picture too.

Last edited:

PTJon

Smash Cadet
Unfortunately missing this one, but I should be able to make every other one for the rest of the summer

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
I wont need any CRTs. All the CRTs you saw at dime 9 were either owned by the store or myself. All I need is cubes/wiis with melee.
While I'm on the topic, please only bring a set up if you intend to stay the whole time. It's pretty annoying to have one of the set ups taken away mid tourney..

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Saturday Biweeklies? You know that there's no way that these AREN'T going to conflict with a ton of other events, right?

D

Deleted member

actually now that I look at it, that oklahoma pm tourney is the 14th
welp time to go play a good game

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
actually now that I look at it, that oklahoma pm tourney is the 14th
welp time to go play a good game
What is this? You're only 3, why would your parents ever let you go? Not to mention that you called Melee a bad game. I'm going to have to flog you.

D

Deleted member

Yeah actually these would need to be on like sundays or something
Friday night is UTD pm (and also melee tbh)
thursday has the pm players at infinitys
monday night has melee I think
saturdays should just stay as tourneys since we should try and keep all of our attention focused on one event (Try to avoid that weekend where we had collected, mbp, AND whos tyler all on the same weekend)

Scaremonger

Smash Apprentice
If they're going to be an all day thing, please keep it on saturday or sunday. I have to work this summer. UTD Melee is cool on Monday because those are just in the evening right? I really need to start going to those more often.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Having them be on Sunday would be pretty cool. I mean, there's already 3 tournaments that are having Melee in our 3 hour DFW radius on the same day as this first biweekly lol. It would be nice to have as little conflicting dates as possible, even if you are planning on having these be fairly small. <3

TofuZomg

Smash Rookie
As I posted in another board, is this event rookie friendly? Not interested in joining just yet, more so want to watch, ask questions, and learn.

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
Sundays would be sweet bet the store closes at 6 on Sundays. :/
Straight to bracket, no doubles could probably be done by then if you started around noon though, right? Not sure if those are compromises you want to take though.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Sundays would be sweet bet the store closes at 6 on Sundays. :/
Straight to bracket, no doubles could probably be done by then if you started around noon though, right? Not sure if those are compromises you want to take though.
Honestly if it was singles only I'd be down for that. My parents don't like me going anywhere for extended periods of time. Also, @InternetExplorer has developed a texting thing to tell you when matches are. He's looking for people to beta test it, but it looks like something useful that you could use.

Last edited:

Quot3

Melee'er
3DS FC
4253-4705-1339
Assuming these are using the same schedule as the dime series I should be able to come for singles after I take the ACT

AbsoluteBlack

Smash Apprentice
I think having biweeklies move to Sunday is a smart idea, especially if Gabe can somehow keep the store open longer.

Us UTD guys are planning on having biweekly fests at our house/UTD, and they can be pretty much any day of the week, if that changes anything.

hamyojo

Smash Ace
How about we keep nothing conflicting and just have FX hourlies to keep everyone happy?
One tourney every hour, different pot bonus depending on time of day.

D

Deleted member

Me and Mysti are going to be at this, and we will be bringing two system setups with Melee, one of them modded and the other vanilla. Oh, DOOR is coming (That guy that came with me at the very first DIME).

You'll know you'll be playing on my modded set when you see the following modifications:
  • Modified Music
  • Modified Stages
  • A modified Character Selection Screen
  • The ability to do Stage Striking on the Stage Selection Screen
  • Salty Runback Code
  • Name Tags Up to Eight Characters
  • The inclusion of the 20XX pack by Archillies (Stuff that has the possibility to disrupt gameplay will be OFF)
  • and more...

@ W WaterlessFishie & @Oracle & @infinity
Can we use my modified setup for the stream, if there is one?

[collapse=My Melee ISO's HPS Music Injections]

Menu Themes:
Menu Theme 1 - Motion Movement by Blue Scholars (Thanks SilentWolf)
Menu Theme 2 - Anger of the Earth by Nomak

Neutral Stages:

Final Destination:
Final Destination Theme - S-Tier (Super Smash Bros. Melee) by Flexstyle / OA
Multi-man Melee 2 - Hongdae by Lukhash

Battlefield:
Battlefield Theme - Polygons Are Inaccurate (Super Smash Bros.) by Mikeaudio
Multi-man Melee 1 - SUPREMACY / OVERLORD - C64 REMIX by Lukhash

Yoshi's Story:
Yoshi's Story Theme - Facing Fears by Ben Briggs / Insert Rupee / halc

Dreamland 64:
Dreamland 64's Theme - A Green Green DeDeDe by Sir_NutS

Fountain of Dreams:
Fountain of Dreams Theme - Lift by Feint

Pokemon Stadium:
Pokemon Stadium Theme - Pokemon Gym Leader Dubstep by Maklibek
Battle Theme from Pokemon Gold - (unmodded)

Counter-Pick Stages:

Kongo Jungle 64:
Kongo Jungle 64's Theme - Spanish Jitters by bustatunez / Daniel Rosenqvist / David Wise / Diggi Dis / Harmony / JJT / Level 99 / OA / prophetik / Robin Beanland / zyko

(There is more modded music on other stages such as Rainbow Cruise's music is replaced with Fragrant Plants by ZUN, but those aren't legal stages so they have been omitted from this list.)
[/collapse]

[collapse=My Melee ISO's Modified Stage Injections]

++You can do legit stage striking when using my ISO!++
Hold A+B for Salty Runbacks and hold B when resetting matches to restart them! :D​

Modified Stages:

Page 1:
Normal Unmodded Stages. Texture hacks include the following...
Battlefield - Ancient Battlefield
Final Destination - Giygas Destination REDUX [HD thanks to D1]
Fountain of Dreams - The Lookout
Hyrule - Dark Hyrule

No texture hacks affect gameplay whatsoever.
Page 2: (Hit down on the D-Pad while on the CSS to toggle Page 2)
Pokemon Stadium with No Transformations (Select the Stage with the Lock)
Smashville Fourside (From Melee SD Remix)
Skyloft Hyrule
Kongo Jungle Minus the Crocs and logs and stuff
Yoshi 64 Minus Clouds
Green Greens 64 (From Melee SD Remix)
Home Run Contest Stage (Great for Waveshine practice)
Trophy Tussle Stage (Lacks Grabbable Edges)
Majora's Mask Trophy Stage
Goomba Trophy Stage
Entei Trophy Stage

Last edited by a moderator:

HodgyDot

Smash Apprentice
Yeah actually these would need to be on like sundays or something
Friday night is UTD pm (and also melee tbh)
thursday has the pm players at infinitys
monday night has melee I think
saturdays should just stay as tourneys since we should try and keep all of our attention focused on one event (Try to avoid that weekend where we had collected, mbp, AND whos tyler all on the same weekend)
That was for the most part out of peoples control :p Collected and whos tyler woulda been fine with each other.

D

Deleted member

and yes i'm going to try to do doubles.
If you're going to do doubles as well I would suggest starting the tournament as early as possible. The quicker we get done, the quicker we can do any side events such as crew battles.

Penguin_ftw

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the sagacious advice, oh Aliami, greatest TO of all TOs.

**** off dude it's starting at noon

D

Deleted member

No no no no aliami knows what hes talking about bro, lets follow his schedule (OR WE'LL ALL BE DOOOOOOOMED)

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
This is still happening right? What are the fees for this event exactly? Venue AND single fees will be $5?

Top Bottom