• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [April 9, 2016] Smash Weeklies (Xenia, Ohio)

Zad

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, Zad here with some weeklies to announce. I'm going to start having weeklies every Saturday starting at 5pm at my house.

Hours 5:00 PM - 1:00 AM sometimes later

If you plan on coming please bring a controller. You may also want to consider bringing a fold-out lawn chair or something as I currently only have 10 chairs of my own.

What I own
8 CRT's

3 N64's with 2 copies of Smash 64

What we play

Smash 64 (Bring your own controller)

Those who gather at my house on a weekly basis have been playing 64

64logo.png

Smashboards Smash 64 Ruleset

• General Rules
        • Game Settings: 5 Stocks, Best of 3 Games. Best of 5 Games for: Winners Semis, Winners Finals, Losers Quarters, Losers Semis, Losers Finals and Grand Finals
        • Items are disabled.
        • Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it.
        • Accidental pausing results in a loss of the current stock and a restart of the match at the resulting stock counts. The opponent can choose to forego the restart
        • Players may request that Black DK (Right-C), Dark Samus (Down-C) and Dark Falcon (Right-C) not be used if Congo Jungle is the stage. The opposing player may reset the match without penalty if they wish for a color change if neither player have taken damage.
        • Alternate or custom controllers/adapters such as a keyboard, Gamecube controller or a Hori Mini Pad are allowed. Players suspected of using turbo functions or other macros are subject to immediate disqualification.

Doubles Rules
        • Team Attack enabled
        • Sharing stocks is allowed
        • Accidentally pausing while taking a stock forfeits that taken stock

Stage List
          Neutral Stages
          • Dream Land (First match is always Dream Land)

Counter-Pick Stages
          • Congo Jungle
          • Peach's Castle

Match Procedure
          • Players select their characters. Either player may choose to Blind Pick. In this case, each player secretly tells a third player their character before picking with the third player verifying their selections.
          • The players play the first match of the set on Dream Land.
          • The Losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match from either the Neutral or Counter-Pick list. They cannot pick a stage they've already won on during this set, unless agreed.
          • The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
          • The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
          • The losing player of the preceding match may change their controller port.
          • The next match is played

Last edited:

Doom Desire

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheDoomDesire
Yo Zad! I leave nearby and would love to start attending these if that's cool! Probably won't make it tomorrow due to personal stuff but I'll be sure to drop by in the near future! This looks great thanks for doing this I look forward to it!

Zad

Smash Apprentice
Yo Zad! I leave nearby and would love to start attending these if that's cool! Probably won't make it tomorrow due to personal stuff but I'll be sure to drop by in the near future! This looks great thanks for doing this I look forward to it!
Looking forward to seeing you at our weeklies.

Blinkingsky

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1908-0683-8603
Yo. I'm currently living in Tampa, FL, but I'll be visiting the area for a few weeks starting Friday. If I can make it, I'll be sure to bring along a Wii U with Sm4sh, along with another copy of Project M (just need to update to 3.5 one of these days...).

Zad

Smash Apprentice
I'll do my best to stop by for the Jan 10th weekly!
Just got a Wii U for Christmas so we'll finally have Smash 4! I encourage others to bring a Wii U as well if they have one. We'll still be playing Project M and Melee as always. Merry Christmas everyone and Happy New Year!

Doom Desire

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheDoomDesire
Might be able to bring my Wii U setup with Sm4sh to this if it's not too big of a hassle. Looking forward to it!

jerry121212

Smash Rookie
I live pretty close by in Yellow Springs. I might stop by next saturday, I'll keep you posted. Thanks for hosting out of your house!

Zad

Smash Apprentice
We won't be gathering this Saturday 2/14/2015 due to Valentines day. I'll be spending it with my girlfriend but we will resume the weeklies as usual the following weekend.

Corwin4TheWin

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone! It's awesome to see other smashers in the Dayton area! I'm currently unable to make it to any of the weeklies because I'm insanely busy with college. But hopefully I can make it out there one day! Also, I'd like to extend an invitation to you guys to come down to Oxford any Wednesday to play some Smash! The college I'm at has a Smash Club where we play Smash 64, Melee, Brawl, PM, and Smash 4! I realize it's more than likely a long drive for 3-4 hours of Smash, but I thought I'd invite you guys anyways! Happy Smashing!

Zad

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone! It's awesome to see other smashers in the Dayton area! I'm currently unable to make it to any of the weeklies because I'm insanely busy with college. But hopefully I can make it out there one day! Also, I'd like to extend an invitation to you guys to come down to Oxford any Wednesday to play some Smash! The college I'm at has a Smash Club where we play Smash 64, Melee, Brawl, PM, and Smash 4! I realize it's more than likely a long drive for 3-4 hours of Smash, but I thought I'd invite you guys anyways! Happy Smashing!
I appreciate the invite but the reason I host my own weeklies is because I do not have transportation. Oxford is entirely too far for most of us to travel just to Smash for a single night.

Last edited:

Jo Ozaki

Smash Rookie
NNID
Muhawk
Hello Zad I was wondering if you guys are having the weeklie this weekend. I live in Akron so its kind of a long drive for it to be canceled. Also I was wondering how much setups of smash 4 you guys have?

Jo Ozaki

Smash Rookie
NNID
Muhawk
I only live about and hour away so could you give me the location and if any fees if any?

jerry121212

Smash Rookie
I only live about and hour away so could you give me the location and if any fees if any?
Just one Smash 4 setup, but you won't have to wait long to play. Pretty sure the weekly is happening on saturday but I'll let Zad confirm. I'll see you there!

Zad

Smash Apprentice
Hello Zad I was wondering if you guys are having the weeklie this weekend. I live in Akron so its kind of a long drive for it to be canceled. Also I was wondering how much setups of smash 4 you guys have?
Yeah I'm having my weekly this weekend and I only have 1 Smash Wii U setup.

Schaggy

Smash Rookie
I am down around Cincinnati! I'd love to attend a weekly maybe next week or sometime soon! Keep in touch, everyone! Send me a message whenever

Zad

Smash Apprentice
I am down around Cincinnati! I'd love to attend a weekly maybe next week or sometime soon! Keep in touch, everyone! Send me a message whenever
We'd love for you to come join us. Bring some friends if you can!

copke

I Just Got This Controller
NNID
copke46
3DS FC
1049-0983-0823
I've been looking for some nearby events to go to since I want to play against people that are better than me so I can learn more stuff, as I'm a rookie and don't have many people to play with. It looks close to me and it's looking like I might come next sat. I look forward to showing up!

Jeriahs

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, Zad here with some weeklies to announce. I'm going to start having weeklies every Saturday starting at 5pm at my house.

Hours 5:00 PM - 6:00 AM sometimes later

If you plan on coming please bring a controller. You may also want to consider bringing a fold-out lawn chair or something as I currently only have 10 chairs of my own.

What I own
14 CRT's

12 GameCube's with 14 copies of Melee
6 N64's with 2 copies of Smash 64

12 Melee setups / 2 64 setups

What we play

Melee & 64 (Bring your own controller)

Those who gather at my house on a weekly basis have been playing 64 and Melee

View attachment 66599

Smashboards Smash 64 Ruleset

• General Rules
        • Game Settings: 5 Stocks, Best of 3 Games. Best of 5 Games for: Winners Semis, Winners Finals, Losers Quarters, Losers Semis, Losers Finals and Grand Finals
        • Items are disabled.
        • Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it.
        • Accidental pausing results in a loss of the current stock and a restart of the match at the resulting stock counts. The opponent can choose to forego the restart
        • Players may request that Black DK (Right-C), Dark Samus (Down-C) and Dark Falcon (Right-C) not be used if Congo Jungle is the stage. The opposing player may reset the match without penalty if they wish for a color change if neither player have taken damage.
        • Alternate or custom controllers/adapters such as a keyboard, Gamecube controller or a Hori Mini Pad are allowed. Players suspected of using turbo functions or other macros are subject to immediate disqualification.

Doubles Rules
        • Team Attack enabled
        • Sharing stocks is allowed
        • Accidentally pausing while taking a stock forfeits that taken stock

Stage List
          Neutral Stages
          • Dream Land (First match is always Dream Land)

Counter-Pick Stages
          • Congo Jungle
          • Peach's Castle

Match Procedure
          • Players select their characters. Either player may choose to Blind Pick. In this case, each player secretly tells a third player their character before picking with the third player verifying their selections.
          • The players play the first match of the set on Dream Land.
          • The Losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match from either the Neutral or Counter-Pick list. They cannot pick a stage they've already won on during this set, unless agreed.

View attachment 66600

Smashboards Melee Ruleset
            General Rules
            • Game Settings: 4 Stocks, 8 Minute Time Limit
            • Items are disabled.
            • Stalling with moves such as Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned
            • Glitches such as Ice Climbers’s Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner are banned.
            • Pause option is disabled in the game menu. If left on, accidental pausing mid match forfeits a stock.
            • You may not choose any stage you have won on during a set, unless agreed by both players.
            • A tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage. If percentage is tied, the match is fully replayed.
            • Playing as Master Hand is banned

Doubles Rules
            • Friendly Fire enabled
            • Life stealing stocks from a teammate is allowed

Stage List
              Neutral Stages
              • Final Destination
              • Battlefield
              • Yoshi’s Story
              • Dream Land
              • Fountain of Dreams [Singles Only]
              • Pokemon Stadium [Doubles Only]

Counter-Pick Stages
              • Pokemon Stadium [Singles Only]
              • Kongo Jungle 64 [Doubles Only]

Match Procedure
              • Players play Rock-Paper-Scissors. Winner chooses between selecting controller port or first Stage Strike
              • Players take turns removing stages from the Neutral Stages list above based upon the results of the previous rule. The first player to strike removes one(1) stage from the list, the second player removes two(2), and the first player then chooses from the remaining two(2) stages.
              • The players play the first match of the set
              • Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage from the full list of stages, both Neutral and Counter-Pick. Does not apply to Best of 5 sets.
              • The Losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match. Cannot choose the stage banned in the previous step, nor a stage they've already won on during this set, unless agreed.
you still having these smash 4 weeklies?

Top Bottom