• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North Shine 2016 - New England National Tournament (Boston, MA)

Shine 2016 - New England National Tournament (Boston, MA)
Posted by DwarfSkippy
Seaport Hotel & World Trade Center
Friday, August 26, 2016 - 12:00 AM
Until: Sunday, August 28, 2016 - 11:59 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

DwarfSkippy

Smash Rookie
NNID
DustinGregoire

New England's first grassroots national tournament!
Hosted by Big Blue eSports

The biggest and best Super Smash Bros. tournament that the Northeast has ever seen.

Shine 2016 will be held at the Seaport World Trade Center. The 26,000 (expandable to 118,000) sqft venue overlooks historic Boston harbor, and is just minutes away from the airport and downtown Boston!

Register now on Smash.gg! Early bird discount for registration ends March 30th!

Main Events:

Featuring...

SuPeRbOoMfAn :falcon64::pikachu64:
And more to come!

Featuring...

Hungrybox :jigglypuffmelee:
Axe :pikachumelee:
Shroomed :sheikmelee:
Silent Wolf :foxmelee:
Lucky :foxmelee:
SFAT :foxmelee:
PewPewU :marthmelee:
MacD :peachmelee:
S2J :falconmelee:
Hax :foxmelee:
HugS :samusmelee:
The Moon :marthmelee:
DJ Nintendo :foxmelee:
Kage the Warrior :ganondorfmelee:
Swiftbass :marthmelee:
Mafia :peachmelee:
Crush :foxmelee:
MattDotZeb :falcomelee:
And more to come!
Starter stages:
  • Yoshi’s Story​
  • Fountain of Dreams​
  • Final Destination​
  • Battlefield​
  • Dream Land​
Counter-pick stages:
  • Pokemon Stadium.​
General Rules:
  • Game version: US Nintendo GameCube​
  • Game Settings: 4 Stock, 8 Minute Time Limit, No Items, Pause Disabled, 2/3 Games​
  • Wobbling is legal.​
  • Freezing and infinite stalling are not legal.​
  • First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1-P2-P2-P1 order.​
  • Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.​
  • Following stages decided by winner banning one stage from all stages and then loser choosing.​
  • Any matches that are best of five, there are no stage bans.​
  • Maximum allowed time between games is 60 seconds. Any player violating this rule will be issued a loss.​
  • You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.​

Featuring...

Dabuz :rosalina:
ESAM :4pikachu:
MVD :4diddy:
Hyuga :4tlink:
Marss :4zss:
Koolaid :4pacman:
Pugwest :4marth:
LingLing :4peach:
Ntarps :4falcon:
Raffi-X :4rob:
Rango :4myfriends:
And more to come!
All wireless controllers are banned. Wii U Pro Controllers are allowed only if the battery is removed and connected with a USB charging cable.

Starter Stages:
  • Battlefield​
  • Final Destination​
  • Lylat Cruise​
  • Smashville​
  • Town & City​
Counterpick Stages:
  • Dream Land 64​
  • Duck Hunt​
General Rules:
  • Game version: US Nintendo Wii U​
  • Game Settings: 2 Stock, 6 Minute Time Limit, Custom Moves Off, Items Off, Equipment Off, Handicap Off, Pause Off, Damage Ratio 100%, 2/3 Games​
  • Mii Fighters On (1-1-1-1 Default Miis)​
  • Amiibo’s are banned.​
  • If FD is banned, all Omega stages are banned.​
  • First stage is decided by (Rock Paper Scissors) best of 1. Winner strikes, then loser strikes twice, then winner. (1-2-2-1)​
  • Stage is decided by winner banning one stage from all stages and then loser choosing.​
  • Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.​
  • You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.​
  • You may not play on a stage that is not on the available stages list. This will result in a double disqualification.​
  • Maximum allowed time between games is 60 seconds. Any player violating this rule will be issued a loss.​
  • Sudden Death with a tied percentage will NOT determine the outcome of a tied game. -- A playoff match with 1 stock/2 minutes will determine the winner.​
  • There will be no loading anything on to the tournament consoles.​
In addition to singles and doubles, Melee and Smash 4 will have open crew battle tournaments (5 man crews)!​
Shine 2016 Facebook Page
Shine 2016 Twitter Page
Shine 2016 Smash.gg Page

DarkZorro13

Smash Rookie
NNID
DarkZorro13
I might go, but I've never been to a major tourney before. Can anyone give me some things to expect in terms of times or how the passes work?

Heavyarms03

Smash Rookie
i have a hotel room with space at the Aloft hotel (~400 yards from the venue) contact me if interested. my friend virg'ed out on me :(

HartG21

Smash Cadet
Hey guys!

My name is hart I'm a smash 4 player from DE. I am in kind of an emergency. If anyone can have me in their room for this event I would greatly appreciate it. I am willing to pay for space and sleep on the floor as well! If you or know some one who can help me please feel free to message me on here!

Thanks,

Hart

D

Deleted member

I'm so happy to see that my city is finally getting the rep it deserves. I also don't have to even go that far either, just a simple drive and I'll be there. This should be very interesting to see in person.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom