• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Sep 13, 2015] Nebulous Prime - NYC Smash Returns! - Smash 4 (New York)

emilywaves

Smash Apprentice
NYC Smash is back! Yay! Smash 4 every Sunday! This is a recurring event, please double check the Facebook event page to confirm the event is happening this week.

Facebook events updated here: https://www.facebook.com/NebulousGaming/events

WII U SETUPS:
You'll get a $5 discount off venue fee for bringing a setup that is used throughout the ENTIRE event!
Note: A setup is a WiiU + HDMI Cable + Power Cables + WiiU Gamecube adapter!

STREAM:
Stream #1: www.twitch.tv/Bum1six3
Stream #2: twitch.tv/NinjaLink

Travel: google maps is your friend. it does full directions including walking and public transport. for your convience, here are the gmaps links for two common questions:

From Penn Station: http://bit.ly/1KlB3TA
From Grand Central: http://bit.ly/1NfPlug

SCHEDULE
12:00 PM - setup
1:00 PM - Setup / Sign In / Register / Friendlies

***there will probably be doubles unless we have 150+ people going again***
2:00 PM - Smash WiiU Singles
We aim to start on time so BE on time!

FEES:
$10 Venue ($5 if you bring a WiiU setup)
$5 Per Event ($10 per team)

PAYOUTS (< 64 entrants):
60/30/10

PAYOUTS (>= 64 entrants):
48/22/14/8/4/4

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SM4SH Wii U RULE SET:

* 2 stocks, 6 minutes
* Sets are best of 3. Finals are best of 5.
* Items set to “off” and “none.”

* Custom moves are banned

* Equipment is banned.

* Mii Fighters are allowed customs with a default system Mii

*Amiibos may not be entered into the tournament (as a sub for the player himself nor as a teammate for doubles).

* Either player may call for a double blind character selection for the first match.

* Quitting out of a match before it is over will result in a loss for the player who quit.

* If time runs out, the player who is winning by stock and percent is declared the victor. In the case of a stock and percent tie, a 1 stock 3 minute match will be played with the same characters and stage.

* If a match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move, the player who initiated the move is declared the victor.

* No coaching during a match. Consulting someone between matches is allowed as long as it doesn’t hold up the next match.

* Both players may agree to any rule or stage outside the tournament ruleset.

SMASH 4 Wii U STAGE LIST (subject to change):

2 bans per player

Starter Stages:

Battlefield & Miiverse (Banning one bans the other)
Final Destination
Smashville
Town and City
Dreamland

Counterpick Stages:

Battleship Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Lylat Cruise
Duck Hunt
Omega Stages (banning FD bans this CP as well)

Set procedure:

1. Before the set begins,the the players engage in rock paper scissors. The loser strikes the first neutral stage, then the winner strikes the second one. Game one is played on the remaining neutral stage. If the last remaining stage is BF&MF, the last player striking chooses preference.

2. After game one, the winning player bans two stages, meaning that the losing player cannot counterpick to those stages (banning Final Destination bans the ability to pick any variant of Final Destination, Banning Battlefield bans Miiverse).

3. The loser announces their counterpick stage.

4. The winner announces their character.

5. The loser selects a character and then the next game begins. Repeat this process until one player has won two games (or three in finals).

6. DSR is in effect. (No CPing a stage you already won on in a set).

ADDITIONAL TOURNAMENT RULES:
-Any player using a wireless controller of any type MUST disconnect/desync the controller and take out the batteries when not playing a match so that they do not interfere with other matches that may happen on setups they have played on. Failure to do so will result in loss of games or Disqualification at the TOs discretion.

- Players are not allowed to modify the length, nor change the other rules of the set without consulting the TO, even if both players agree. Any players found to be doing this will BOTH be disqualified, and face forfeiture of prize money.

- Any player entering with a misleading tag (such as a good player entering with a random tag, or a player entering using another players tag / a variation of it) without alerting the TOs will face complete disqualification, and forfeiture of prize money.

- Any players colluding or manipulating the bracket will also be disqualified and face forfeiture of prize money.

- TOs have full discretion to override or change rules as
they see fit, when circumstances warrant it.

Last edited:

cn-|Maffew

Smash Rookie
yup, we're here every week. no one really uses smashboards event systems. checkout the facebook events and you'll see lots of people going :D
Thanks! I'm definitely going then! I'm probably going to bring one or two friends.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
For the tournament that took place on September 6th do you know where I can find the Smash Wii U singles bracket?
Can you link it to me if possible?

Aphistemi

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterOfTheToots
Hey a question, do I have to register myself online? or can I just go there, pay the entrance fee and register?

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Hey a question, do I have to register myself online? or can I just go there, pay the entrance fee and register?
From my experience of going there you don't have to sign up online, you pay the entrance fee and tournament fee and register at the desk near the back of the venue. :)

Top Bottom