• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Aug 16, 2014] Michigan Summer Smash Series 2 - Sponsored by Buffalo Wild Wings -... (Livonia, MI)

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
BTW, if anyone is interested in entering Pokemon XY Singles but can't get their team bred ingame in time, contact me.

zyth

Smash Lord
So is it possible for me to get a ride to this or no? need to know today or tomorrow so i can request those days off

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Talked with Miles about getting a large West Michigan Car out to this. Sadly he has work, hope Lordy and Tbird can bring some magic and get a group here.

Also, I am tempted to add a small pot bonus to this if it does break 50 entrants for Project M Singles. More details on this the day of the tourney.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Big news guys. We have a sponsor for this. I will update the OP when I am home from lunch.

EDIT: OP updated with Sponsorship.

#WingsBeerSmash

Last edited:

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Don't go DRDN. I'll be going and I don't want to embarrass you in Puff dittos.
Pssshh you know ill win those dittos

but i wont be coming, no housing the night before, no pot bonus for the game i play, everyones going to be tied up playing pm to do friendlies, and i can go watch wrestling instead...wont be here

lordhelmet

Smash Master
GR will bring a car to this. Also... PLEASE for the love of everything... start PM doubles at 2 instead of pools. Everyone agrees with me and (at least the GR car) hated playing singles before doubles at the last local we all showed to (CBA to look it up, the one where I beat Lain in GFs... Kzhu teamed with Johno).

Doubles starting before Singles is contrary to common practice that has evolved over many years. Doubles is great for getting warmed up and to keep the players busy; meanwhile those who do not wish to enter doubles do not have to show early. CBA to type any more.

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
let's see what names I can check off my list this week.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I'm going to have PM doubles first at this. I haven't updated my schedule with the new time slots.

The New schedule will look like this tentatively

10:00 - venue opens
12:00 - reg for brawl dubs ends
12:30 - brawl dubs
02:00 - pm teams begins
02:30 - pokemon x/y
03:00 - brawl singles
04:00 - pm singles pools
06:00 - pm singles bracket (top 32 if 50+ entrants)
10:00 - hopefully finished

Last edited:

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Taking two cars. We went to a Friday tournament that ran 3 stocks. It is sooo much faster and fun. I highly recommend trying it either at this tournament or the next one.

Nyuu

Smash Rookie
Hi. I accidentally left my controller at the tournament yesterday. Did anyone happen to see it and pick it up?

Top Bottom