• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [Dec 5, 2014] Nintendude and DC ESports Presents: Smash @ Clarendon - A DC... (Arlington, VA)

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Hey all, there's one issue I want to bring up regarding this event. Hard Times has complained to us that people have been bringing in outside food and drink. This is extremely disrespectful to a venue that is NOT CHARGING US A VENUE FEE. Our relationship with the venue is paramount to the Clarendon series. Please do not jeopardize that.

Starting with the Aug 15 event we are implementing a rule that forbids outside food and drink from being brought into Hard Times. If we catch you, you will be disqualified from the tournament without refund. The only outside beverage allowed is water (which you can get for free at the bar anyway). Thanks for your cooperation!

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Hi all - just a heads up that our summer season of Smash @ Clarendon concluded with this past Friday's event. There will be NO CLARENDON on September 12th as we will be running events at MAGFest 8.5 at that time. Smash @ Clarendon will resume in the fall on September 26. From there we should be resuming the normal Friday biweekly schedule.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Hey guys - our official starting time is now 6:30, so come early and maximize your playing time before we start the tournament. Also, I'll be making a special announcement prior to bracket starting!

GreatGonzales

Smash Apprentice
Nintendude, thanks for doing such an amazing job hosting these tournaments!

I was wondering - any plans for a SSB4 for Wii U tournament? I'm excited for that scene to take off! :)

Nintendude

Smash Hero
No plans for Wii U at the moment. The biggest problem is getting enough equipment to actually run a tournament. DC Esports only owns 1 setup (I don't have a Wii U) and getting people to bring Wii U setups is a both a logistical and security challenge.

GreatGonzales

Smash Apprentice
No plans for Wii U at the moment. The biggest problem is getting enough equipment to actually run a tournament. DC Esports only owns 1 setup (I don't have a Wii U) and getting people to bring Wii U setups is a both a logistical and security challenge.
Well, I have a Wii U and SSB4, you can count on me to contribute!

Nintendude

Smash Hero
We're still trying to iron out a date. At this point, it probably won't be until February due to back-to-back MAGFest and Apex.

MandL27

Smash Cadet
We're still trying to iron out a date. At this point, it probably won't be until February due to back-to-back MAGFest and Apex.
Has this gotten any more specific yet, or is it still up in the air?
Edit: Also, the OP says that bringing extra GameCubes is allowed. Would bringing a Wii (not Wii U) fall under the same conditions?

Last edited:

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Has this gotten any more specific yet, or is it still up in the air?
Edit: Also, the OP says that bringing extra GameCubes is allowed. Would bringing a Wii (not Wii U) fall under the same conditions?
The Clarendon series is on hold. In the meantime we have a Smash 4 event this Saturday: https://www.facebook.com/events/1574134196160026/

You may bring any equipment you wish but wireless controllers aren't permitted for tournament use.

Top Bottom