• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Assist Trophies in All-Star Mode

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
So in the Smash Direct, Sakurai said that assist trophies "will figure into All-Star Mode".
So what does that mean?
I had a idea.
So the number of assist trophies will equal the number of characters, and in All-Star mode an assist trophy will assigned to a character whether its from their series or just fits with the character. For example, Link will assigned with Midna, Zelda with Skull Kid, Ganondorf with Ghirahim, Toon Link with Tingle, and Sheik with Takamaru due to the whole ninja samurai thing. So in the mode, by inputing certain buttons, the character with summon the assigned assist trophy without the need of an item. However, you can only do that 5 times in the mode.

But what's your idea?

Raijinken

Smash Master
Bonus hazards as part of that "use coins to ramp up the challenge" stuff. For instance, fighting Team Star Fox with Andross constantly spewing tiles at you, or fighting Captain Falcon while Goroh constantly chases you around with a katana.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Bonus hazards as part of that "use coins to ramp up the challenge" stuff. For instance, fighting Team Star Fox with Andross constantly spewing tiles at you, or fighting Captain Falcon while Goroh constantly chases you around with a katana.
That is actually a pretty good idea. And we could have Waluigi just chasing you until You are KO'd because he is still trying too hard. :troll:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Imagine if the same applies for Pokéballs and Master Balls as well. The horror it could cause...

Raijinken

Smash Master
That is actually a pretty good idea. And we could have Waluigi just chasing you until You are KO'd because he is still trying too hard. :troll:
Others could include (just using the Brawl ATs) Jeff firing rockets while you fight Ness, Hammer Bros throwing things while you fight Bowser, Knuckle Joe while against Kirby, Little Mac oh wait, Lyn periodically targeting the player (with or without a warning), the Super Metroid fighting you with Samus, Resetti impairing your vision against Villager, and so on.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Others could include (just using the Brawl ATs) Jeff firing rockets while you fight Ness, Hammer Bros throwing things while you fight Bowser, Knuckle Joe while against Kirby, Little Mac oh wait, Lyn periodically targeting the player (with or without a warning), the Super Metroid fighting you with Samus, Resetti impairing your vision against Villager, and so on.
The only problem I see with this is that some series don't have assist trophies yet but I guess we can use assist trophies from other series like Dillon helping DK and Diddy Kong

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Maybe that's why Waluigi was reclassified into the Wario series.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I think it will take a long time for you to complete all-star if you have 50 characters.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I think it meant like this game is all about Nintendo and it's all star cast of characters and that there'd be no way they all could be playable so it's the next best thing.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
So theoretically, if the assist trophies and/or pokeballs were hazards in this Adventure Mode, who releases them? Do they open their own doors? Do basic enemies activate them?

...Master Hand?

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I think it meant like this game is all about Nintendo and it's all star cast of characters and that there'd be no way they all could be playable so it's the next best thing.
No, I specifically remember him saying that they'd factor into all star mode.

Starts at 14:31

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
No, I specifically remember him saying that they'd factor into all star mode.

Starts at 14:31
Honestly, I still think he just meant that figuratively.

He meant that he (Sakurai) and the fellow programmers and developers going to "All Star Mode" when choosing these characters, in order to pick the characters that plenty people are fans of and have some following and bring best selection of them. Which is why they try to include as many as possible. He didn't even say explicitly "the" before saying "All Star Mode".

I think trying to push this in a literal meaning is once again twisting Sakurai's words. I suggest not getting your hopes up.

Actually, could anyone with fluent Japanese check the Japanese equivalent video for this quote? It'd give full clafirication on this matter, as this has been put around the same way everywhere, yet none is even sure.

Last edited:

Hero of the Winds

Smash Journeyman
This is a good idea! Maybe if it's on level ten difficulty there will be TWO assist trophies from that series.

Raijinken

Smash Master
LoZ would be brutal...
This is a good idea! Maybe if it's on level ten difficulty there will be TWO assist trophies from that series.
I'm imagining three Androsses shooting tiles at me now. And Girahaim and Midna both running around attacking me.

Of course, nothing says All Star will be multiple characters vs you like it was in other games. It could be a bit different while still incorporating a full-roster lineup.

Which reminds me... we're gonna have a ton of characters to fight...

Hero of the Winds

Smash Journeyman
I'm imagining three Androsses shooting tiles at me now. And Girahaim and Midna both running around attacking me.

Of course, nothing says All Star will be multiple characters vs you like it was in other games. It could be a bit different while still incorporating a full-roster lineup.

Which reminds me... we're gonna have a ton of characters to fight...
Lol, TWO TINGLES dropping hammers everywhere!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

No mention of Assist Trophies. No pictures. No description referring to them.

Also appears a streamlined version of Brawl's All-Star mode.

Told ya.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291

No mention of Assist Trophies. No pictures. No description referring to them.

Also appears a streamlined version of Brawl's All-Star mode.

Told ya.
Maybe you should wait until the game releases before you give the told yas. :p
although I kinda agree

Top Bottom