• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ASL] Smiths Station Smash 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Ugh, Raf, I thought I could stomach it, but I can't. I don't like money matches at all. The whole idea is just distasteful to me. Let's get in some serious friendlies at this instead.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I'm so hyped for this. Smiths Station Smash is one of my favorite tournaments, despite the host being unspeakably evil.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I realize this is rather last-minute, but I feel I should stress this--

The venue doesn't have a whole lot of plugs, so if you have a surge protector you can bring, please bring it.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm fairly sure P-1 got 2nd and Elev8 got 3rd.

1.) Reflex
2.) Player-1
3.) Elev8
4.) Spade
5.) rIKEr
5.) Cam

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
I'm planning on coming if I can. I also might bring a friend, but it just depends on if he can get the day off from work or not.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I believe I'm going to make it, but if the choice comes down to this or WHOBO, I'm picking WHOBO, despite how much I love Luis.

I'll MM you, Nova.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Misphrased it. Depending on my cash, I'd be willing to play two MMs, one with you locked into ICs and one with you locked out of ICs, but I'll save our bracket rematch to try and beat both. You have me in an odd CP situation that I believe I can overcome.

Past that though, you need to show me some more D3 vs. Ike because I want to figure that out. It's a losing MU, but I ought to know it better than I do if I intend to continue playing Ike for ICs as it's the common pocket pick.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
ike vs. d3 isn't as bad as it looks like.

ike and d3 are both walls but i think ike is a better wall for some reason.

i think its even at worst, except we have a cg.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
ike vs. d3 isn't as bad as it looks like.

ike and d3 are both walls but i think ike is a better wall for some reason.

i think its even at worst, except we have a cg.
Ike vs. D3 is terrible for Ike. I know when I used to play online it seemed like Ike has options, because his jab is so damn fast, but if you don't approach and don't fish for grabs then you eliminate his ability to punish. Ike hits hard, but if you play safe he probably won't hit you at all

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
It's like -2. Bad, really bad, but doable with work. I know the theory behind the match-up, but haven't had any chance to try and apply it. You have to space farther away than against most characters. Jab is still good and you have to know to jab or grab lest you jab his shield and get grabbed or grab his spot dodge and get grabbed. If you get him in the air, you can juggle him well and trap his landing. If you get him off stage and he has to recover, you can make him hate life.

He just gets so much more reward than you do and can convert almost anything he shields into 20+ damage.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom