• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Ask about Pikachu! Hosted by Axe and N64! feat. dkuo!

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
everyone can tech-chase pichu if not I don't know how they sleep at night. Also any idea why we picked someone who totally sucks at getting hit and isn't good at approaching?

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
everyone can tech-chase pichu if not I don't know how they sleep at night. Also any idea why we picked someone who totally sucks at getting hit and isn't good at approaching?
the cuteness, pichu obviously has the best slow walk, and pikachu can have a green cowboy hat, or a wizard's hat

edit: and they both become significantly better in teams

AXE 09

Smash Master
Also chaingrabbed by:
ICs

Pika also has a fthrow chaingrab on peach (and maybe others) from like 0-10% and roy has a di-dependant chaingrab (mixup fthrow and bthrow).

and also probably others
WHAT! pikachu has a DI dependant chaingrab on roy with Bthrow?!!?!? dude! i've never tried this before! i wanna do it so bad now lol. i guess i've never tried to grab again after bthrow, that would be **** if you got someone with it haha. i'm definitely gonna try it if i ever fight a roy player =) roy mains, you better watch out!

.....are there more pikachu mains than roy mains?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
He means Roy can D-throw / F-throw / B-throw regrab people depending on DI.

Pikachu cannot B-throw CG Roy or anything crazy like that.

AXE 09

Smash Master
He means Roy can D-throw / F-throw / B-throw regrab people depending on DI.

Pikachu cannot B-throw CG Roy or anything crazy like that.
rofl at the idea of pikachu bthrow chaingrab. Pikachu's bthrow is way too strong for that **** :laugh:
*cries in sorrow* man that would've been so cool :(

*thinkns more*

.....Bthrow -> SH tailspike -> re-grab/usmash??

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
What the **** is the point of posting a Pichu strat that Pikachu can't copy in a ****ing Pikachu thread on the mother****ing Pikachu boards?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
What the **** is the point of posting a Pichu strat that Pikachu can't copy in a ****ing Pikachu thread on the mother****ing Pikachu boards?
That's one good reason lol I love the random WHY!?!?!? Never change KK unless your becoming better, I never want to stop improvement, but yeah never change. You seem like a person that would slap me in the head a bunch. But i'm guessing you have a club.

Air dodge has inv. frames and it's a mix-up I can't see how it would hurt.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
You remind me of a small child waving their arms in the background, screaming for attention.

It's very irritating.

I'm not intending my message be interpreted as: "WHY?!" Rather, I'm trying to convey that your posts are entirely irrelevant to the thread, and nobody cares about them.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
That's one good reason lol I love the random WHY!?!?!? Never change KK unless your becoming better, I never want to stop improvement, but yeah never change. You seem like a person that would slap me in the head a bunch. But i'm guessing you have a club.

Air dodge has inv. frames and it's a mix-up I can't see how it would hurt.
I'm so confused.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Hey KK i'm sorry I will stay out of all boards and threads for a week not-counting pichu boards. I'm a problem that's willing to go away. Your welcome in advance.

Also the air-dodge bit was because of what charmander1065 was asking.

N64

Smash Champion
See, I like ICG. ICG, you spout relatively nonsense at times and are always always trying to link whatever is being talking about to pichu/ICs. I don't really find it annoying mostly because I don't pay much attention to it heh. You're a cool guy and can spark some interesting commentary at times, but yeah you usually do try (whether or not you're intending to) to take things off topic.

I love that you're able to take stuff like that from people you respect and be like "ok yeah, my b, i'll try to change". It's a HUGE rarity on the internet.

KK, i'm putting some protection from your wrath for the moment, but you know i <3s you too.

...except when you combos me T-T

N64

Smash Champion
you likely don't understand. A sheik has never combo'd me as hard as KK combos me (except for maybe my friend Z, but that's because he literally has the most practice out of anyone against my pika). I can get out of the CG vs him, but he just utilt->10 seconds of ****.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
omg, dude, KK's dthrow -> dthrow combos are so good! Especially when he finishes with moveset -> moveset -> moveset -> fair!
D-throw --> moveset is broken :laugh:

Still not as good as Shine --> moveset or Dair --> moveset or Laser --> Shine --> moveset :urg:

But I'll take what I can get :laugh:

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
Nooooo axe you can get a legit tech chase as pichu with b-throw using up-B, sorry axe pichu only.
he's clearly hoping that Axe will see this, become jealous, and then pick up pichu..

And for the record, I enjoy ICG posts lol.

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
Hey I have a question! Does pika quick attack teleport trick work only on his own B move, or ground base B moves?

N64

Smash Champion
it works on anything with equal priority to it. The easiest are probably reflected jolts and boomerangs, but i've seen it happen on shine and other weakish moves.

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
it works on anything with equal priority to it. The easiest are probably reflected jolts and boomerangs, but i've seen it happen on shine and other weakish moves.
So nothing like, Fox or falco's lasers, correct?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I drew a diagram!

red part is the awkward kill them reverse tail spike that almost no one does (at least this is where I think that hitbox is, I'm sorta unsure if it's this or the next one first and where they're located exactly...)
purple part is the knock them straight up in the air combo part
blue part is the regular forward tail spike you use to kill people all the time
green part is the one that knocks them behind you

N64

Smash Champion
o.O mogwai

Those are pika's uair hitboxes, and they come out in numerical order across the approximate areas shown. Hitbox 1 pops them up, 2 reverse spikes, 3 spikes, and 4 pops them slightly up and behind you.

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
haha alright, I just need to get the timing right.

Also, what should I do against falco...Ugh his lasers own me -__-

N64

Smash Champion
http://phranck.org/HitboxSystem-1.0.17.1.rar

^ Seanson's (incomplete) hitbox system download. Luckily Pikachu was done to completion ^^. You can see the hitboxes for every move of it, including Pikachu's uair. Look at it if you're curious.

Each hitbox is roughly the same size but i got lazyish in my drawing heh.

Edit: Wait, posted this while i was downloading it, had seen it yeeeeears ago. Apparently from this though there's 5 hitboxes? o.O I am confused. Heh...

Double Edit: So here's the pics:

starting animation

first hitbox, pops up

reverse spike

? spike probably

spike

pops up and behind

totally helpless pikachu

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
haha alright, I just need to get the timing right.

Also, what should I do against falco...Ugh his lasers own me -__-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ4tJ_RtcII

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eVMwAL7omE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHDtSkXPih4&feature=related

do that, but as for lasers in particular, you are right, they are tough as hell to get around. some options that I know of

1)alot of people believe that powershielding is the answer. Power shielding is shielding the instant the laser reaches you, and it reflects the laser back.

2)you can arial through lasers, but that might mess your spacing up/ leave you punishable.

3)I remember one time chad told me that he had to make Jmann feel like he had an easy opening on chad, so he would stop lasering, then chad would punish him. If I remember correctly, he said he got just close enough to make Jmann feel comfortable with an aproach, but not too close or something.....IDK, basically just mind game them into approaching or something, cause I'm really good at explaining stuff :-(

edit: oh, and especially this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ2pk-JEs-c

Top Bottom