• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Armageddon 1 : SSBB Singles & Doubles. Cash Prizes. Brooklyn, NY. August 23rd~

False Soundz

Smash Apprentice
Hey, False Soundz (NY-Beast) presents Armageddon 1 , a Brooklyn, NY tournament. (On a smaller note) Hey, some of you may know me as NY-Beast. I just made a new account cause I go by False Soundz nowadays.

One of the most insane brawl tournaments to date. This brawl tournament will have singles(double elimination) and doubles(double elimination). We want this tournament to be as competitive as possible. We want players to get a chance to play some really crazy players so they can get better and see that theres a world of smash outside of their WiFi friend list lol. The top 3 entrants will get prizes and if more people show the bigger the prize.

Lots of food places nearby. Literally like 2 minutes away you can get subway, pizza, donuts, ice cream, chinese, sushi, mexican, spanish food. Huge variety.

We will have melee friendlies or brawl friendlies after the tournament and before so come early or stay if you wanna chill.

2427 East 29th St.
Brooklyn, NY. 11235

7 dollar entry fee per entrant. (7 total)
5 dollars per entrant for doubles. (10 total)

The money will obviously be much more if more people show up. If less people show up the less the pot will be.

Prize money singles = The Pot(Min. 100$)
Prize money doubles = (Min 100$) (total per team)

Pot distribution is 60%/25%/15%.

Now for the rules :

Banned Chars : MK (He's fricking god tier) and Olimar (So broken , he has too much 0-death combo's)

SINGLES:

Double Elimination.
3 Stocks.
7 Minutes.
Items off.
Smash balls off.
No johns lol.
Ties broken by lives, or then lowest percentage.
2/3, Losers Finals 3/5 Winners finals 3/5 Grand finals 3/5.

Daves stupid rule ON (your opponent may not choose the same stage 2 times if he won a match on that stage)

Double blind character pick may be called if players wish.

DOUBLES:

Double Elimination
3 Stocks.
8 Minutes.
Items off.
Smash balls off.
Team attack on.
Share stock on.
Ties broken by lives, or then lowest percentage.
2/3 Losers finals 3/5 Winners finals 3/5 Grand finals 3/5.

Daves stupid rule ON (your opponent may not choose the same stage 2 times if he won a match on that stage)

Double blind character pick may be called if players wish.

Maps:

Neutral:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Smashville

Counterpicks:
Lylat Cruise
Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium 1
Mario Circuit
Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Battleship Halberd
Castle Seige
Jungle Japes
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar

Loser may choose a map from the counter picks or may choose to go to random.

Venue : It's some meeting room in my apartment building. It's pretty big and it'll support around 60 people or so. We need setups, meaning Wii's and Brawl's. If anybody can bring a Wii or Brawl you can come free for singles and doubles. So that would be really cool.

Pics will be up soon.

Time : Not decided yet. I'll update the post and tell everyone the official start time.

If anybody wants to come post and I'll add you to the list of people coming.

MTD

Smash Apprentice
lmao banning characters? stupidest thing i've ever heard, you just gotta learn to fight them

ssbrospradaG

Smash Rookie
banning metainght is ok a total newb can play and win with him aganst anyone metakinght is so figged i hate him but ill be there

BenStoll

Smash Rookie
confirmation?

Hey this is a bit of a trek for us so can you confirm both that it is still happening and that Olimar and Metaknight are still banned? We can bring a wii and a copy of the game.

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
I find it odd that the two people who have no problem with the character bans only have 1 post each. And they just both so happened to find this thread and post right after one another.

Mods check into this...

I think a ban is in order (and I'm not talkin about metaknight)

P.S. Lmao @ banning olimar!!

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
LMFAO @ banning olimar. banning characters is a sad excuse to say you can't fight that character. learn to fight metaknight. and omg how can you not adapt to olimar? Just because of that you made my mew cry D:

Edit: notice how they also just registered. lol Fail.

BenStoll

Smash Rookie
ok, i guess this tournament is not happening then? At least the four of us aren't going to come since nobody ever said anything and the time wasn't confirmed...

Top Bottom