• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are we forever in a state of "Moral Conflict?"

Is a utopia close to creation?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sudoi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blargbla
When you look at a chart depicting wars and crime rates, you will notice that recent years were much more peaceful. But looking at it from a different angle shows many ongoing problems. Cultures, Countries, Languages, Religion - All things that drive us to make our decision. Being an Agnostic, many mistake me as an Atheist, which is completely different. But I don't intrude on them. But they do it to me, not in a rude way of course. But when we were promised Utopias from many neighboring countries, we found many different results, much like I do on a day to day basis.

With these fractures in mindset, it's hard to get along with certain people. We all mean to do good, but we perceive good in different ways. Hitler wanted the perfect race, so he thought he was doing something good to the world. I believe that exterminating almost an entire religion is VERY wrong. I would rather bring people together by expanding our abilities, such as GMO Crops, Free Internet, Homeless Shelters. Others believe rewarding people for being homeless is bad, and that you should work for what you want. Either way, we all have one distinctive similarity - We all were doing something we thought was good.

A utopia may not be so far away, with our access and near mastery of the Mainstream Internet, where we share thoughts and ideals for a better world by the minute (Or we just flame people on Message Boards (-_-)). But since we have so Wildly different ideas of perfection, I find it a little hard to believe a utopia is quite that close.

What do you think? Can we overcome our differences and make the world a better place? Or will there be that 25% that wants to slow our idea of progress down? Is our constant

A4k1ng

Smash Rookie
Try as you might, theres no way to get over exploitation using things like religion in third world countries. The only way to have a "utopia" would be to have a perfect world economy, which is unachievable, especially with the oil crisis happening.

Top Bottom