• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Architecture with Pharaoh Man (Stage Discussion) - Apex Thoughts

Z1GMA

Smash Hero

Welcome to Architecture with Pharaoh Man. In here, we discuss the stages in the game(s) and how well Mega Man performs on them.

1. WiiU Stages
2. 3DS Stages

1. WiiU Stages

2. 3DS Stages

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I'd just like to say, despite not having the full game, I feel he'll excel on Omega Stages/FD due to his air game not suitable being used near the ground aside from nair.

I mean, characters like Mario can transition nicely from the air to ground, but I feel MM suffers here.

Aside from that though, the lack of platforms narrows down the options of the opponent, and by extension increases the probability of hitting with say a Crash Bomb.

I think somewhere like Castle Siege will be tough for MM, as that mid section will block many of his projectiles I'm assuming. Actually, can MM stick a Crash Bomb to the slant on Castle Siege's first area? And do they stick to the obstacles of area two?

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I guess the best question to ask right now would be:

Does Mega Man fair better on Battlefield or FD?

Part of me says Mega Man can do great with platforms. (Drop down Fair, Drop Down Bair, Up Smash goes through lower Battlefield platforms etc) In my opinion, they make it easier to land kills as opposed to the foreseeable approaching with Bair/Fair from the same level.

However, I can see how characters can take advantage of Mega Man's projectile game with the platforms.

In theory Little Mac with a lead can play more defensive and wait till Mega Man is on the lower level. This will shut down any vertical game he has while still out beating his horizontal game.

With Final Destination. His projectiles has more freedom, but he loses the ability to drop down and abuse DDFair/Bair

This has been my impression of the stages so far. As of right now, I am more familiar with FD than Battlefield and my view may be a little bias.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Nice to see some activite in here.
We'll start going through each of the stages a couple weeks after the game has been released.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Sounds good; I saw this thread still had no posts and thought it'd be nice to at the very least discuss Omegas or something.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
It is good to know you can wall jump on FD and Battlefield. Wall jump > Bair seems really safe.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
An example:

*Name of the stage*
*Some general stuff about the stage*

Pros:
Cons:
Who to take here:
Who to avoid taking here:
Overall:

/Does this look good, or is something missing?

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
An example:

*Name of the stage*
*Some general stuff about the stage*

Pros:
Cons:
Who to take here:
Who to avoid taking here:
Overall:

/Does this look good, or is something missing?
Looks good to me, maybe if he gets any stage specific exploit that could be a section too, but I don't see that happening atm.

Good job.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Looks good to me, maybe if he gets any stage specific exploit that could be a section too, but I don't see that happening atm.

Good job.
Ya, in that case, that could be added in the "general stuff"-section.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Mega Man should do well against a lot of short range characters on simple stages. I can see him being a real for Captain Falcon and Little Mac with Charge Shot pressure. But I'm probably not the best to go for advice.

I can also see him doing okay in moving stages as well. Take the 3D Land stage, Mega Man could screw up a lot of opponents recovery attacks on stages like that I think.

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Do you guys think we should start the discussion now, or wait one or two weeks (more experience)?
I personally think we should wait at least a week.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Do you guys think we should start the discussion now, or wait one or two weeks (more experience)?
I personally think we should wait at least a week.
I think anytime is good to start, although I wouldn't put too much weight into what's said at this point. I will say I do think large stages are bad for MM, as his approach doesn't seem the greatest and his projectiles are are best at a mid-distance.

I can't name any specific stages right now though, I've been playing mostly omegas.(And as Shulk)

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
The more I play on it, the more I dislike Battlefield and the more I prefer FD. Does anyone prefer BF Mega Man over FD Mega Man?

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
The more I play on it, the more I dislike Battlefield and the more I prefer FD. Does anyone prefer BF Mega Man over FD Mega Man?
Because of his aerial lag I prefer no platforms, it gives them less room to dodge my projectiles.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Because of his aerial lag I prefer no platforms, it gives them less room to dodge my projectiles.
I also feel as if you don't have many options when someone is under neath you on a platform. I best look into an alternate main for now. I just can't decide which one.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I also feel as if you don't have many options when someone is under neath you on a platform. I best look into an alternate main for now. I just can't decide which one.
I need to start using MM again, I've only been using Shulk and Ganondorf lol.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
FD is definitely a good stage for Megs. if the opponent doesn't have any kind of reflector, you'll land a ton of Fsmashes, even on good players.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Final Destination is a great stage for both beginning players and more experienced Mega Man players. He has free range with his move-set and other characters don't have platforms to hide under and take advantage of his not so great drop down options (aside from Fair)

The lip of this stage is also set up really well for handy wall jumps into Bair.

Don't be surprised if players strike this stage against you often and definitely go here instead of Battlefield.

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Characters to bring to FD:

Sheik: She's better than Megs at applying Platform Pressure, and handeling platforms in general. Platforms can sometimes mess up Mega Man's AC-game, while Sheik is unaffected, so bringing her o FD somewhat takes away that advantage of hers.
She is a master of mix-ups, so we'll need a really neutral stage like FD to get a hold of her and keep our momentum going without the interfierance of platforms.

Crescent_Sun

Smash Apprentice
Considering Mega Man is already not great on the way down, Battlefield is inadvisable in general. Every time I've thought "Maybe I'll have a better time on Battlefield" it has not worked out well for me. Mega Man has enough mobility that anything platforms would do to help you can simple work on on a flat stage.

I'd say use platforms against some characters who like to slam and do aerials like that alot, like Sonic, Bowser maybe? Other large characters. What do you all think?

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Since the competitive scene has found its "legal" stages, how about we start talking about the bast stages for Megaman again ?
I'd like to speak, bu I don't own the Wii U version right now and I haven't got access to any kind of offlline tourney T-T ...
...Anyway, from what I saw being under platforms seems to be quite good, since we can harass people with Air Shooters XD

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I find Omega Mario Circuit (MK8) to be especially good for Mega Man as the ledgesnapping range is extra generous.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Might as well revamp stage discussion.

Should focus on the stages legal for Apex first, as I'm sure a lot of mains will appreciate the community's general consensus in the coming days.

Starter Stages
● Battlefield
● Final Destination
● Smashville

Counterpick Stages
● Castle Siege
● Delfino Plaza
● Duck Hunt
● Halberd
● Kongo Jungle 64 (Doubles only)
● Lylat Cruise
● Town & City
● Omega Stages*
* Treated as Final Destination in banning phase. If Final Destination is banned,
Omega Stages are banned and vice versa.

Last edited:

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
General consensus seems to be "pick the stage that is worse for your opponent". Mega Man has tools to do pretty well on all of the stages. This post is mostly serving as a tag for when discussion gets started again.

I'll throw in that Mega Man can be a bit more aggressive on Battlefield while he can be more defensive on Final Destination.

Top Bottom