• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 5, 2014] Pass the Salt 1 - Brawl/Melee/PM (Boulder, Colorado)

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Pass the Salt 1 - April 5th @Wolf Law Library room 205, Boulder, CO
It's time for the first event in a new series, Pass the Salt 1! This tournament will be similar to past ones I've ran; it's really only a different series in name.

The tournament will take place in room 205 of the Wolf Law Library. This room is nearly double the capacity of our old one, so hopefully we won't run out of room for setups.

I haven't really enforced this in the past because it hasn't presented such a large problem before, but I will be DQ'ing people if I can't get in contact with them within 5 minutes of calling the match. If you go to get food, bring it back with you. If you have to leave the venue for some reason, let me know so we can figure out if you'd be in danger of holding anything up. (You guys have generally been doing a great job with this, especially the new folk!)

EVENTS:
Brawl Singles Bracket
Brawl Doubles Bracket
Project M Singles Bracket
Project M Doubles Bracket
Melee Singles Bracket
(unlikely but possible) Melee Doubles Bracket

All singles events will be Double Elimination brackets, unless we reach more than 32 players for the event, in which case there will be a round of pools first. Doubles events will all be a single round robin unless there are 8 or more teams, in which case it will be changed into a double elimination bracket.

FEES:
$5 Venue Fee, waived for full setups
$10 entry to all Singles events, $5 per person ($10 per team) for all Doubles events.

RULES: (UPDATED TO APEX RULESET)
Brawl:
•MK Legal
•Stagelist:
-Starters:
-- FD, BF, SV, Lylat, Yoshi's Island: Brawl
-Counterpicks:
--PS1, Castle Seige, Halberd
•Striking is P1 - P2 - P2 - P1, winner granted a stage ban
•All sets are Bo3 except WF's, LF's and GF's which are Bo5

Project: M:
•Stagelist:
-Starters: First page bottom row, striking is P1 - P2 - P2 - P1 - P1 - P2
-Counterpicks: First page bottom two rows
•Doubles modifications: Yoshi's Story is replaced by SSE: Jungle as a starter and is otherwise banned. Striking is T1 - T2 - T2 - T1
•Winner is granted 3 stage bans

Melee:
•Wobbling Legal
•Stagelist:
-Starters:
-- BF, FD, FoD, DL64, YS
-Counterpicks:
-- PS1
•Striking is P1 - P2 - P2 - P1, winner granted a stage ban

Tentative Schedule:
10:00AM - Show up pls - Setup - Signups start for all Doubles events, Melee Singles
11:00AM - Setup check - If there are more than 8 setups for Melee, Melee Doubles will be considered.
12:00PM - Doubles Brackets, Melee Singles start. Signups for Brawl and PM Singles.
3:00PM - Brawl and Project M Singles Brackets start
9:00PM - Venue Closes

Payout for all Singles events is 60/30/10. Payout for Doubles events is 70/30, unless more than 8 teams are entered.

Venue:
Wolf Law Library room 205, 2450 Kittredge Loop Road - Boulder, Colorado 80309

Directions to get here:
-From US-36 (coming from Denver or otherwise south): Take the exit onto Baseline at the Denver Boulder Turnpike, where US-36 turns into 28th Street; turn left onto Baseline, then right onto Broadway, right onto Regent (it will be the first right turn), right onto Kittredge Loop Drive (it will be the second right), then head straight and turn left at the traffic circle, then turn right after passing a huge building (the Wolf Law building) into the parking lot and park.
-From CO-119 (coming from FoCo or otherwise north): Continue onto Foothills Parkway, turn left onto Baseline, then the directions are the same as above.
If you need further directions or help getting to the venue my number is 303-731-9386. As always, bring full setups.

Please try to SHOW UP EARLY. Also, as usual, BRING SETUPS. If you have a Wii with Brawl and Project: M, bring it. If you have a relatively portable TV (or more than one), bring it. The more setups we have, the more smoothly the tournament can run, the more friendlies can be played, the earlier we can finish.

Last edited:
Top Bottom