• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South Smash Club @ UAB Presents: MCS 1

Smash Club @ UAB Presents: MCS 1
Posted by Wundermittens
Heritage Hall UAB Campus Room 121
Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 11:00 AM
Until: Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Wundermittens

UAB Smash Club VP
NNID
Panionator
Smash Club At UAB Presents:
Magic City Smash 1
A Smash 4 and Melee tournament!
This is the first tournament of our Bi-Weekly series so be on the lookout for more tournaments!

THIS IS A FREE VENUE!
THIS IS A FREE VENUE!
THIS IS A FREE VENUE!

BUT SET-UPS WILL STILL BE NEEDED!!!

Buy-in fee will be $5 for each event. Doubles will be $5 per person (so $10 per team).
Melee Doubles will be a free side event!

Where:
Heritage Hall UAB Campus Room 121
1401 University Blvd Birmingham, AL 35233

Parking:
There should be parking on the streets. Since it is a Saturday, you do not have to pay the meter. Also, school will be out so feel free to park in the student lots. There is a tiny parking lot behind the building where you can unload set-ups and then drive to park elsewhere.

Payout:
1st- 60%
2nd- 30%
3rd- 10%
IF MORE THAN 64 ENTRANTS: 1st- 58% 2nd- 28% 3rd- 9% 4th- 5%
Doubles will be 1st, 2nd, 3rd no matter the amount of entrants.

Schedule:
10:30: Doors Open
11 AM: Crew Battles
12:50 PM: Registration for Smash 4 Doubles closes
1 PM: Smash 4 Doubles Begins
3:50 PM: Registration for Smash 4 Singles closes
4 PM: Smash 4 Singles Begins

Schedule for Melee will be the same as Smash 4! You cannot enter both Smash 4 and Melee.

Procedures:
  • Players select characters for first match. Double Blind Picks may be called.
  • Players strike stages.
  • The first match is played.
  • The loser of the previous match selects the next match's stage from the Starter Stage and Counterpick Stage Lists.
  • The winner of the previous match selects their character.
  • The loser of the previous match selects their character.
  • The next match is played.
  • Above four steps are repeated if necessary.

Rules

• Singles: 2 stock & 6 minutes
  • Doubles: 3 stock & 8 minutes
  • Items Off, Equipment Off, 2/3 Games (3/5 in finals matches)
  • Starter Stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Town & City, Smashville, & Dreamland
  • Counterpicks: Lylat Cruise & Duck Hunt (Omega Stages can be used in place for FD)
  • Customs Off
  • Amiibos Banned
  • Gentlemen's Rule applies
  • Mii Fighters allowed but must be basic with 1111
  • If you are using a wireless controller, you must unsync your controller after every match
  • If you have any questions, let me know
Melee Ruleset: http://smashboards.com/rulesets/melee/

Results will be posted on Smashboards.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1566208390338517/

Keet

Smash Journeyman
Just would like to say that I'd be very happy to help TO the melee event, but I will be pretty busy as I plan on entering Smash 4 + TOing that event as well. We really just need someone who can focus solely on melee to really take charge of the tournament.

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
I'll reserve you a room for it right now. You can do doubles as well if you like. What times would you like to host them? We technically have the room starting at 9 am
If there is no crossover with smash 4 then we could follow that schedule. If you intend to allow crossover then we would need to plan around each other.

Last edited:

Wundermittens

UAB Smash Club VP
NNID
Panionator
If there is no crossover with smash 4 then we could follow that schedule. If you intend to allow crossover then we would need to plan around each other.
I don't think we should allow for crossover. I'm about to make you and Zoma co-hosts so that you can add in rules for Melee.

Tr4n

Smash Cadet
There will be no cross over, would you like to do doubles as well, or just singles?

Wundermittens

UAB Smash Club VP
NNID
Panionator
Doubles could be a free side event. I think that'd be a good warmup for singles, and it would encourage more entrants
Okay, I just added in Melee and got the room reserved. If you would like to add anything else to the post, let me know.

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
wish i had known this sooner. i def would have requested for it off.....ah well i will def try to make the sunday editions though

MSU_Pope

Smash Rookie
I know this tournament is going to be great! Wish i could make it. I hope everything goes great for you guys!

Wundermittens

UAB Smash Club VP
NNID
Panionator
ATTENTION!!!

If anyone is interested, we are wanting to have crew battles starting at 11. This event is not for money. This is purely for fun.
5 man crews.
3 stock
Unlimited time
First match will strike stages like normal but every match following the loser will pick stage with no bans.

Please leave a comment on here saying you will have a crew so I can know what to expect. If there are many crews then we can move the time up but I'd rather not considering some people are having to drive for some time.
Let me know what ya'll think. Thanks.

WackySpinachAgate

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ExclusiveAgate
I'll enter my own crew of me and lvl 2 cpus

They'll all be pacman, we'll be the Pac-attack crew

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Please watch the double/multiposting as it is against SWF rules. Next time please use the edit button instead of posting back to back to back. This way, we can avoid cluttered threads. Thank you.

Wundermittens

UAB Smash Club VP
NNID
Panionator
For those interested, videos of all matches from MCS that were on stream are uploaded on youtube. You can find us under the name Bham Smash. Or you can watch them all on twitch.tv under Bham_smash highlights. Thanks!

Wundermittens

UAB Smash Club VP
NNID
Panionator
Top Bottom