• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Sep 16, 2015] The MollyWhop #21| Melee + Project M Singles (Mamaroneck, NY)

Fortisimo

Smash Cadet

Welcome folks, to the first week of Melee at the MollyWhop.

The MollyWhop is a weekly event, alternating between Smash Wii U and Project M tournaments. As always, you can check out our Facebook group for photos from our tournaments and check out some match videos. Again, this thing is all about trying to build up a local scene, so come join in if you want to be a part of it. Coming by to play friendlies is free, and we'd appreciate the support regardless of whether you want to enter.

Though the venue is a pub, people under 21 are still welcome to come. Wristbands will be given out if necessary and we ask that you respect both the bartender and the law. Even if you can't drink, Molly's has a full food menu too, so try and support the venue so we can keep these events going.

Schedule
7 pm Setup
8 pm Tournament starts
Stream Link: www.twitch.tv/ssb914
Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1032883216755708/
Fees
Venue: Free!
Wii U Singles: $10 per player
Project M Casuals: Free

----- Tournament Rules -----
-Double Elimination Bracket (Lose twice and you're out)
-Best of 3 Matches (2/3)
-Winners, Losers and Grand Finals are Best of 5 (3/5)
-Prizes for First, Second, Third Place (45/25/10% split, with 20% going to the house)
-Any questions or concerns should be brought directly to the attention of tournament staff.

See Here: http://i.imgur.com/j8gYuBE.png
-2 Stock, 6 Minutes for Singles
-3 Stock, 8 Minutes for Doubles
-Items: OFF
-Custom Fighters: No
-All Mii Fighters and their moves are legal.
-Equipment is banned
-Amiibo are banned
-Allowed controllers: GameCube Controller, WiiU Pro Controller, Wii Remote, Wiimote + Nunchuck

Controllers:
-Wii U Pro Controllers, Wiimotes, Nunchuks, Gamecube Controllers and Classic Controllers are all allowed.
-The Wii U Gamepad and 3DS/2DS systems are not legal controllers.

Stage Select Rules

Starter Stages
• Battlefield
• Final Destination
• Smashville
• Town & City
• Dreamland

Counterpick
• Lylat Cruise
• Castle Siege
• Delfino Plaza
• Duck Hunt
• Halberd

- This tournament will use starter and counterpick stage select
- Order of events: Pick characters, then stage striking.
- First stage is decided by banning from the stage list in this order: Player 1(1) – Player 2(2)-Player 1(1).
- Omega stages are considered the same as Final Destination for striking purposes
-After each game, the winning player will ban 2 stages, and the loser will select the next stage.
-Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
-You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.
-Maximum allowed time between games is 60 seconds.

If anybody has questions please feel free to ask!

●Stocks set to 4
● 8 Minute Timer
●Giga Bowser is banned
●Items set to off
● Games will be best of 3 until SEMIS, FINALS and Grand Finals where it will be best of 5
● Daves Stupid Rule is also in effect: You cannot Counter Pick to a stage you have previously won on.
● If match ends in Time Out, the person with the most stocks/lowest percent wins. Sudden Death must NOT be played.
●If match ends in the form of a suicide kill (Kirby/Dedede Swallowcide, ganondorf aerial side-B) The person who initiated the killing move is the winner. Do NOT play Sudden Death.
●Pausing During a match results in a loss of a stock for a player.

-----------Stage List----------
Striking Order will be 1-2-1
Winner of the round bans 3 stages, the loser then chooses the stage they would like to play on

Starters: Battlefield
Smashville
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 2
Fountain of Dreams
Green Hill Zone

COUNTER PICKS:
Distant Planet
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland
Final Destination
Warioware
Yoshi's Island

● Stocks: 4
● Time Limit: 8 minutes
● Items: Off

B. Stage List

Starter Stages
● Yoshi’s Story
● Fountain of Dreams (singles only)
● Battlefield
● Final Destination
● Dream Land
● Pokémon Stadium (doubles only)

Counterpick Stages
● Pokémon Stadium
● Kongo Jungle 64 (doubles only)

Additional Rules
● Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter/Neutral list until there is one stage remaining. The player/team without port priority strikes first. Then the other player/team strikes two stages. Then the player/team with port priority strikes one more stage and the remaining
stage is used for the first game of the set.
● Stage Bans: After each game of the set, before counterpicking, the player who won the previous game may ban one stage from either the starter or counterpick list. This rule is not in effect for best of 5 sets.
● Stage Clause:A player/team may not pick any stage they previously won on during the set.

Last edited:

Jakee

Smash Rookie
Yes! Westchester Smash is an awesome idea you will no doubt see me there this thursday

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
Nice! That's a bit of a drive, but I think I'll come out to the next one.

Do you plan on keeping the apex ruleset, or do you plan to move towards evo's? I main Mii Brawler, so that's why I ask.

Last edited:

Fortisimo

Smash Cadet
Nice! That's a bit of a drive, but I think I'll come out to the next one.

Do you plan on keeping the apex ruleset, or do you plan to move towards evo's? I main Mii Brawler, so that's why I ask.
We're going to try and get some custom moveset stuff this week, but as of right now we don't have the means to run a custom moveset tourny. I have been keeping up to date with the conversations around it though, so we're keeping an open mind.

Fortisimo

Smash Cadet
So by popular demand, this week will feature a doubles tournament instead of singles for Smash Wii U. Project M will be singles per the usual. Last tournament brought 28 for Smash Wii U again, and 10 for PM, check out the stream VOD and results here

Last edited:

Fortisimo

Smash Cadet
So here's a curve ball; Project M will be held this week instead of on the same night as Smash Wii U singles. I believe we had 17 for Project M last time, so you PM players have certainly earned it. There will still be Smash 4 casuals as per the usual.

Fortisimo

Smash Cadet
Is there a possibility that there will be melee at one of these tournies?
There is, if Melee players show that they'll show up. A few people have played in casuals, but that's about it so far. There's a melee bi-weekly in the area too though, so we don't want to step on their toes.

P.S: Project M this week, Smash 4 singles

Fortisimo

Smash Cadet
We in there for the summer session, Project M & Smash Wii U singles this Thursday

supersage400

Smash Cadet
NNID
Supersage400
3DS FC
4897-5984-7450
Hi. I'm interested this, but my work schedule is unpredictable and I can't this week. Do you have a set schedule so that I can try and plan to show up on a particular day? As in, one day every week or two weeks or something? Or is it a different day every week? Thanks.

Fortisimo

Smash Cadet
Hi. I'm interested this, but my work schedule is unpredictable and I can't this week. Do you have a set schedule so that I can try and plan to show up on a particular day? As in, one day every week or two weeks or something? Or is it a different day every week? Thanks.
Unfortunately we're more or less at the mercy of the bar, since we host on night's that the room is unbooked. While we do have a general ideal of how things will go each month, last minute bookings make it to where we can't 100% confirm until a week or so before.

That said it's almost always on Thursday, we shoot for Wednesday if that doesn't work. This was our first Friday tournament actually. But again, next week is pretty up in the air, it's looking like we might have a gap week.

supersage400

Smash Cadet
NNID
Supersage400
3DS FC
4897-5984-7450
I see. I'll try and make myself free on Thursdays when I can and hopefully I'll get to go one of these weeks. Thanks for the reply.

Fortisimo

Smash Cadet
Do you guys do these tournaments weekly, biweekly, or monthly??
Weekly, but we alternate between Project M & Smash 4. Melee may be coming soon too. Our next tournament will be Wednesday Aug. 12, Smash 4 singles

Fortisimo

Smash Cadet
I see. I'll try and make myself free on Thursdays when I can and hopefully I'll get to go one of these weeks. Thanks for the reply.
Sorry to go back on what I said before, but it's looking like we'll be on Wednesday until October.. the venue is now booked on Thursday nights.

We're back to Project M, with a side of Wii U doubles and triples on Wednesday night.

Fortisimo

Smash Cadet
Alright so we're now adding Melee into the mix, starting this week. Come get at it folks

Top Bottom