• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 26, 2014] SMASH CLASSICS: N64/Melee 1v1s (Whittier, CA)

Dillon Grandy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6408-4270
Super Smash Bros. Club, LEAP, Whittier College Media Council, & 1UP VideoGames in Covina, bring you the SMASH CLASSICS TOURNAMENT! Smash 64/ Melee 1v1's Only. We are bringing smashers all around California from OC, SD, LA, & all around Southern region to compete for great prizes and to find out who's the best in the classics of N64 and Nintendo Gamecube.

- FREE Food will be provided: Chips, Water, & Popcorn!

- Entry Fee 5$ for 64 & Melee
- Whittier College Students Free with I.D. Present
- Spectating FREE

1st Place 1v1 Winner for the N64 Bracket Prize: N64 System
2nd Place: $10 GameStop Gift card
1st Place
1v1 Winner for the Gamecube Bracket Prize: Nintendo WiiU
2nd Place: $10 GameStop Gift card

(Prizes Subject to change)

SPONSORS: WHITTIER COLLEGE MEDIA COUNCIL: KPOET/QCTV/QC/VPS/WCSN
1UP Video Games in Covina, CA
Whittier College LEAP

N64 Rule-set:
Best 2 out of 3 Matches
Stock of 4
Items OFF
Stages: Hyrule Temple/Dreamland/Peach Castle/Saffron City/ Yoshi Island
Banned Stages: Congo Jungle/Sector Z/Mario Land/Planet Zebes
Loser of first match chooses the next stage and so on…

SSBM Rule-set:
Best 2 out of 3 Matches
Timed Stock: 4 Lives 8 Minute Time-limit
in the case that time runs out and both characters have an equal amount of lives, the character with less damage wins the match. If both characters have equal lives and damage, the match must be replayed; Sudden Death is strictly not to be played.
Items OFF
First Stage is done at Random Select based off Neutral Stages:
-Yoshi's Story
- Fountain of Dreams
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Dream Land (64)
  • The loser of the first match (and of successive matches) chooses the next stage, and then the winner chooses his character, and then the loser chooses his character. This series of choices is called slob picks.
  • Loser can either pick a neutral stage or a counterpick: POKEMON STADIUM
Banned Stages:
-Big Blue
-Brinstar
-Brinstar Depths
-Corneria
-Flat Zone
-Fourside
-Great Bay
-Green Greens
-Icicle Mountain
-Jungle Japes
-Kongo Jungle
-Kongo Jungle (N64)
-Mushroom Kingdom
-Mushroom Kingdom II
-Mute City
-Onett
-Poké Floats
-Princess Peach's Castle
-Rainbow Cruise
-Temple
-Venom
-Yoshi's Island (pipes)
-Yoshi's Island (N64)

COME ON OUT FOR A GREAT DAY OF SMASH!
PS: B.Y.O.C. (DISCLAIMER: BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER, & LABLE IT IF YOU WISH TO USE YOUR OWN… SHOULD ANYTHING HAPPEN TO YOUR CONTROLLER WCGamers, Whittier College LEAP, Media Council, & 1UP Video Games is not LIABLE!)

If under the Age of 16, you must have parental permission or attend event with someone who is 18 years of age.

Please arrive early to get in line so things can start as soon as possible! 3:30PM

PARKING: YOU CAN PARK IN THE CAMPUS CENTER LOT OFF EARLHAM DR. @ OUR SCIENCE BUILDING BACK LOT (BIG WHITE BUILDING, WILL HAVE RESERVED SPACES FOR OUTSIDERS) ALSO PARKING LOCATED OFF PHILADELPHIA ST… SIGNS WILL BE UP TO GUIDE YOU TO THE TOURNAMENT (WHITTIER CAMPUS CENTER)

Last edited:

sman865

Smash Apprentice
Read the rules, don't forget a controller! Be prepared to play friendlies with random people too.

Dillon Grandy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6408-4270
Bring a Friend, bring either gamecube or N64 Controller, remember $5 entry for both brackets

Dillon Grandy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6408-4270
your welcome to bring friends, its 5$ to enter, follow directions posted on here, and there will be signs leading into the Whittier College Campus Center for Event

Dillon Grandy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6408-4270
looking forward to seeing you! just, will have free parking off earlham drive, and there will be signs leading to the club and campus center for event! see ya then!

Dillon Grandy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6408-4270
There should be, friend of mine is gonna help stream the event, again its only 1v1s and we are working to make it as smooth as possible, don't want the tournament to dragggg on like others.

Dillon Grandy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6408-4270
Please try to arrive by 3:30PM so we can get things rolling on time with no delays :)

Dillon Grandy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6408-4270
Twitch.com it will be up on Saturday, and i can post the link here!

also prepare for possible rain! says there will be 40% chance

Dillon Grandy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6408-4270
These arrows will be guiding you to the club 88 and the courtyard, posted around the campus, also parking signs will point you up Earlham Drive (small side street near Whittier college sign) to find where you can park! If you have questions feel free to text me if you are lost! (724)766-9555 See you tomorrow!

Attachments

Smash Rookie
I will try to come. I haven't played N64 smash in years though...

EDIT: cant make it. sorry.

Last edited:

Dillon Grandy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6408-4270
It was a great tournament everyone! Congrats to ALEX O & GOAT! WINNERS OF 64 & MELEE. Also great play by Cameron & OVIC 2nd Place. Thanks for coming out! & a special thanks to WCMC, LEAP, 1UP VIDEO GAMES IN COVINA, MARK R, KATELYNN K MY WONDERFUL GIRLFRIEND, MATT G, TREVOR W, NICK G, TYLER G, EDDY, ALEX O, JAMES L, CHRIS G, POET ENT, TYLER K, RIDWAN, RICARDO, MANDO, MATT A, LUCAS, CRUZ, TOMMY L, VISHAL, ANDREW L, & anyone else I forgot thank you for all the help and support! Making this event happen before I graduate, hope to do another in summer ill keep you all posted on smashboards, smash will live forever keep it alive y'all!

Dillon Grandy

X X X

Smash Rookie
It was a great tournament everyone! Congrats to ALEX O & GOAT! WINNERS OF 64 & MELEE. Also great play by Cameron & OVIC 2nd Place. Thanks for coming out! & a special thanks to WCMC, LEAP, 1UP VIDEO GAMES IN COVINA, MARK R, KATELYNN K MY WONDERFUL GIRLFRIEND, MATT G, TREVOR W, NICK G, TYLER G, EDDY, ALEX O, JAMES L, CHRIS G, POET ENT, TYLER K, RIDWAN, RICARDO, MANDO, MATT A, LUCAS, CRUZ, TOMMY L, VISHAL, ANDREW L, & anyone else I forgot thank you for all the help and support! Making this event happen before I graduate, hope to do another in summer ill keep you all posted on smashboards, smash will live forever keep it alive y'all!

Dillon Grandy
Thanks for having the tourney. It was a good first experience but now im anxious for more. Hopefully another tourney will pop up again...all the others are pretty far away.

Top Bottom