• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest [Apr 23, 2015] Atx Sanctum Weeklies!!! (Austin Tx)

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
People of all ages are welcome. One of the top 10 in Texas is like 14 or something. Just don't be annoying and everybody will think you're a swell dude/dudette

Grime.

Smash Apprentice
Yah man everyone is welcome. Fair warning though, most people use VERY vulgar language. So idk if your used to that. Ill try and make most tone it down

The_Dragonite

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheDragoniteTV
Great. And dont worry about the language, I use it alot anyway. Hopefully i can learn from you all. Oh yeah im a guy :p

Grime.

Smash Apprentice
Sadly we wont be having one this upcoming week, but we will have one on may 8th!! Hope to see y'alls beautiful PM faces there

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
I finish with finals on the 6th, so I'm thinking about coming to the one on the 8th!

What's the usual turnout? And do you expect less people to show up than usual this time because of finals and whatnot?

The_Dragonite

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheDragoniteTV
Turnout has been 18-23 from what i've been to and stuff. Finals may affect things but i think UT and other colleges have finals this week, or after the 8th. From what i know all the UT guys live like 10 minutes from the venue.

Grime.

Smash Apprentice
@ kevinw0w kevinw0w Yeah man im not sure but usually its always a good turnout. We are trying to get a monthly going at the end of the month and try to get yall and houston down here. But if you wanna come check it out on the 8th, should be a good time

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
I want College Station to show up because I hear there is serious Ganon love over there
The Thursday evenings are kind of inconvenient because most of us go to A&M. But yeah, a lot of people have pocket ganons, including myself. We only have 2 dedicated Ganon mains though.

We've got two from cstat confirmed including me. See y'all there!

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
The Thursday evenings are kind of inconvenient because most of us go to A&M. But yeah, a lot of people have pocket ganons, including myself. We only have 2 dedicated Ganon mains though.

We've got two from cstat confirmed including me. See y'all there!
Who else is going with you Kevin? I might go if we come back the same night.

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
Who else is going with you Kevin? I might go if we come back the same night.
@ CnB | Chandy CnB | Chandy told me he's going; we're teaming together.
I'll most likely be driving myself since I plan on hanging out with friends at UT for a couple days before heading directly back home.

Last edited:

CnB | Chandy

Smash Journeyman
@ CnB | Chandy CnB | Chandy told me he's going; we're teaming together.
I'll most likely be driving myself since I plan on hanging out with friends at UT for a couple days before heading directly back home.
You can say "winning the doubles bracket" instead of "teaming" Kevin. It's much more accurate.

I'm from ATX, Grime, so I'm hoping to bring the hypest DK sets to these weeklies ALL SUMMER LONG if my work schedule permits. #getready #getREKT

CnB | Chandy

Smash Journeyman
Not everyone can live the thug life of a DK main. Many are called, few can rise. #THRILLAgorilla

By the way, Kevin and I were thinking of getting limber with some friendlies before the tournament on Thursday because we're busy with finals this week and won't get much practice at all. Anyone in the ATX feel like having us over for some pre-tourney warm-up? We promise to 8-stock you gently, and we always come with a smile.

Last edited:

CnB | Chandy

Smash Journeyman
I just want to say a good kirby can destroy Ganon and DK. Check yourself before i reck yourself

Ooooooooooh tell me you did not just say that. Someone must have hacked your account and posted that because you did not just say that. Dragonite, make sure your keyboard is working properly because I am 100% certain you did not mean to throw that gauntlet.

Maybe somebody just lit a scented candle but I think I smell a money match cooking.

Sliq Nasty

Smash Rookie
I'll see if I can make it out, lol. There's no pflugerville scene so this is nice

Last edited:

CnB | Chandy

Smash Journeyman
Yeah ill do a couple MMs. And @ G-Rabbit G-Rabbit it depends how you play Kirby.
G-Rabbit plays Kirby like he's the best Kirby in Texas. Ask about him sometime.

I don't know if you guys have seen the buzz on social media yet, but CnB gaming's very own Chandy took first in college station's last doubles tournament of the semester, teaming with YT | Shokio. The bracket was no slouch either (Infinity, Abstract Logic, and G-Rabbit himself to name a few). There's a reason why they call me the best support DK in Texas. Also took fifth overall in singles bracket, as did AG TM | kevinw0w.

Hopefully ATX's finest can knock me down a peg because I'm literally losing my voice from all this trash talk. #realtalk

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
G-Rabbit plays Kirby like he's the best Kirby in Texas. Ask about him sometime.

I don't know if you guys have seen the buzz on social media yet, but CnB gaming's very own Chandy took first in college station's last doubles tournament of the semester, teaming with YT | Shokio. The bracket was no slouch either (Infinity, Abstract Logic, and G-Rabbit himself to name a few). There's a reason why they call me the best support DK in Texas. Also took fifth overall in singles bracket, as did AG TM | kevinw0w.

Hopefully ATX's finest can knock me down a peg because I'm literally losing my voice from all this trash talk. #realtalk
AG TM? What new fake company have you created now?

Silent_Rain

Smash Journeyman
I just heard about this on the Project M subreddit. I used to play Brawl and Melee, and would meet up with some guys when I was still at UT, but I haven't played in a while. I would love to come to this! Does anyone have an extra gamecube controller? Mine is in rough shape :/

CnB | Chandy

Smash Journeyman
Big news, guys. Looks like kevinw0w and I might be joined by five more of College Station's greatest on the 8th. We won't know for sure until tomorrow, but at the moment G-Rabbit (#3), LITES (#5), YT | Shokio (#6), CQL (#17) and the incomparable Stef (#1 in our hearts) have expressed interest in attending this shindig as well. Cstat vs. ATX crew battle incoming?

Top Bottom