• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West Salem Smashfests: 2-Year Special Edition!

Salem Smashfests: 2-Year Special Edition!
Posted by Jaxas
Wild Things Games
Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 11:00 AM
Until: Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Welcome everyone, to the Salem Smashfests' 2-Year Anniversary tournament!

The Salem Smashfest weeklies started 2 years ago, and in celebration what better to do than throw a bigger tournament?

We'll be having Smash 4 (Singles & Doubles), Pokken Tournament, and Brawl (Singles & maybe Doubles) on Saturday, and we'll also be hosting Melee (Singles & Doubles), Project: M (Singles), and SSB64 (Singles) on Sunday!

All events will cost $5 (per person) to enter, and there will be a $5 venue fee as well. The venue fee counts towards BOTH Saturday and Sunday however, so if you're coming to both days you only pay once!

Mark your calendars, and I'll see you there!

Saturday (Smash 4, Pokken): http://goo.gl/forms/pmMvitJHjL (Brawl doesn't have Pre-Reg, but will be there)
Sunday (Melee, Project: M, SSB64): http://goo.gl/forms/7NPB4qXNhx

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey everyone, just a couple of things to note:

1st) This is NOT at GameStar! This is at Wild Things Games in downtown Salem, meaning that we have a lot more tables, outlets, and space!

2nd) There is still a fire code (of 80 people) however, which means that we will be doing the standard Salem Smashfests Pre-Registration.

What this means is...
- If you're in the first 80 people to Pre-Reg, you've guaranteed your spot for that day.
- If you Pre-Reg but don't make the initial cutoff, you reserve your spot at the 'head of the line' for any open spots from people on the list not showing up
- If you don't Pre-Reg, you can still enter but only if less than 80 people Pre-Reg (and show up), and you enter before the 80-person cutoff is reached.

(Long story short, Pre-Reg and save yourself some headache)

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
SSB64 has been officially confirmed for Sunday, and added to the Pre-Reg.

See you there!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey there everyone, just a heads up that we now have the final Schedule figured out!

(It's a bit wonky to read if you don't know the layout we'll be using, but mostly you just need to pay attention to when each event starts)

Also, please notice that we will NOT be running this event on "Smasher Time" (30min-1hr behind schedule).
We have a TON of stuff to do this weekend, and only so much time to do it in, so we won't be delaying the bracket for people coming late.
The only exception to this is if you're within like 15 minutes and you message me; we can add you to the bracket, but you'll lose your match(es) if you're too late.

The moral of the story, though, is Preregister, show up on time, BRING SETUPS, and have fun - see you there!

Capture.PNG

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey there everyone; now that I've finally had a bit of sleep, it's time for the results, and some wrap-up stuff!

So first up, we have results - I'm pretty sure I'm going to miss tagging some people, so let me know if I do!

=====< Smash 4: Singles >
1st) Lens
2nd) Focus
3rd) Captain L
4th) CRimZ
5th) CACAW|Viviff T. Great, MBA & Serynder
7th) Ruff! & Braixen

=====< Smash 4: Doubles >
1st) Captain L & Focus
2nd) CACAW|Viviff T. Great, MBA & CRimZ
3rd) FedVsRafa & Justice

=====< Brawl Singles >
1st) CACAW|Viviff T. Great, MBA
2nd) K-****
3rd) Serynder

=====< Pokken Tournament >
1st) Mewtater
2nd) TSpeeds
3rd) Captain L

=====< Melee: Singles >
1st) SPD|Fatgoku
2nd) CACAW|FoosJr.
3rd) Bird
4th) CACAW|Balloon
5th) SpiderTank & Alien

=====< Melee: Doubles >
1st) CACAW|Balloon & Bird
2nd) Purpletuce & SpiderTank
3rd) Alien & Joseidon

=====< Project: M Singles >
1st) SPD | Fat Goku
2nd) Bubbles
3rd) G~Man, the Cosmic Destroyer

=====< Super Smash Bros. (64) >
1st) Shrek'sWhisper
2nd) Starchild
3rd) amo

Congratulations to everyone listed above!
Also, for anyone who wants to check them, you can find the brackets athttp://salemsmashfests.challonge.com/

Now, I think it's time to give some shoutouts to people:

First I want to thank every one of you who made it out - we actually had a total of 110 unique entrants this weekend! Also, thanks to everyone who brought a setup for any game; we definitely couldn't have done it without you guys! (Shoutouts to CACAW gaming as well, and especially their power strips!)

Next, I want to thank G~Man, Zeno, Filthy StarFox Furry, and Zheira for being a HUGE help running things this weekend! (And thank you to everyone else who helped out as well; there were too many people to count!)

DJTHED (now Leafeon) and MOOSe did a great job running the stream(s) on Saturday as well; thanks for that!

Also, thanks to the Wild Things Games owners for letting us host this event this weekend!

And one last shoutout, to everyone who went and did their matches when they were called; we definitely couldn't have finished all (except 1; RIP Brawl Doubles) 8 brackets we ran this weekend without you guys doing that; thanks!

And finally, for the future:

I've had a lot of people asking when we'll be able to do something like this again; for right now, the answer is "I really don't know".
Wild Things Gaming, assuming they're interested in having us back (I'm not 100% sure as I haven't talked to them yet), is almost always busy on weekends - we actually got the only open weekend in the last couple of months due to dumb luck (but, as they say, We Take Those).
So the venue hunt will continue, but if nothing else know that it's something those of us here in Salem are definitely looking into - hopefully we'll have some info for you guys in the next month or so!
In the meantime, we'll be continuing our Salem Smashfests weeklies (which, if you haven't checked out, you definitely should)!

As for the Salem Smashfests shirts, we got a lot of people asking where they could buy those as well - right now they aren't for sale, but if we can get some sort of idea of how many people would be interested in buying them for say, $20(-$25 if needed) then we'll work on making that a reality!

It really needs to be said one more time: thanks to EVERYONE who made it out this weekend; it was a huge success, and we hope to see you again in the future!

Top Bottom