• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West [Sep 10, 2015] Fire&Dice Thursday Weeklies! Pot Bonus!! (Woodland Hills, CA)

D

Deleted member

Address: 20929 Ventura Blvd, Ste. 6; Woodland Hills, CA 91364

Finally got equipment to STREAM!!
Hope you're not afraid to be on webcam ;)
UPDATED RULES: (EVO rules; Customs ON)

$5 Doubles start: 5:00PM
$5 Singles start: 6:30PM
Venue Fee: $5
Venue Fee Waivers: (Come in early so we can set up! Only waived if needed; max -$5, and we only have room for 6 setups total)
WiiU: -$2 (Must include Game & GC Adapter)
TV: -$3
Singles
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

If you have any questions, leave a message on our facebook page, email us at fire.dice.games@gmail.com, or give us a call at 818-914-4538!

RULES
- Customs are allowed
- Singles: 2 Stock; 6 Minute Timer
- Doubles: 3 Stock; 8 Minute Timer
- Team Attack on
- Mii Fighters banned, and Amiibos banned
- Items Off
- Equipment Off
- Bring your own controllers/adapters!

STAGELIST
Starters:
- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Smashville
- Lyat Cruise
- Town & City

Counter Picks:
- Delfino Plaza
- Halberd
- Castle Siege
- Duck Hunt

**if you ban FD, you ban all forms of it.**

Gameplay:
- Semifinals, Winner's Finals, Loser's Finals, and Grand Finals are best of five.
- All other sets are best of three.
- Timeout victories are determined by stock count and percent.
- Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before the loser selects character.
- You may not choose a stage you have alreadywon on unless both players mutually agreed to.
- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing is banned (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, stalling under the stage, etc.).

Conduct:
• Tournament attendees are expected to maintain respectful conduct towards other attendees and players (i.e. not knocking players, yelling in ears, etc.).
• Tournament attendees are expected to respect the venue, equipment, and other's property; and liable for any damages they render.
• Coaching is allowed only between games.
• Bracket manipulation is not allowed (intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, subbing).
• Controllers must have batteries removed when not playing.

All other inquiries and issues are determined at the discretion of the TO. Failure to adhere to rules will lead to punishment at the TO's choosing, which could include the removal from the venue.

Facebook Event

Last edited by a moderator:

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
Note to Zan, the singles timer is now 6 minutes, since Evo changed their rules. (I know the TOs, they are already aware).

I might be able to attend this week, but I will need to take several buses to get there, so I won't be able to bring my TV.

Last edited:

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
Couldn't make it today. Decided 3 hours on 6 buses each way is just not happening.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Aw man, I'm at school until 4 every Thursday and lift weights right after. How long do you think these weeklies will go on for?

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
I got real sick. We'll see if I can make Sunday, but there's no way I'm coming today. Ugh.

Also, why did the other thread get locked? This is an ongoing twice-weekly series. I messaged the mods to see if I could clear that up, but I don't know the story.

Last edited:

fadgames

Smash Rookie
No need to worry Jmac! We'll still be doing them on a weekly, but responsibility of posting will fall on me from now on, the actual host/TO. I've been working poor Zan to the bone for over two months on this stuff!

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
No need to worry Jmac! We'll still be doing them on a weekly, but responsibility of posting will fall on me from now on, the actual host/TO. I've been working poor Zan to the bone for over two months on this stuff!
Awesome! Hope I get to see you guys again soon.

Leethal Arrow

Smash Rookie
So, I'm new to tournaments and whatnot. Do I bring my own controller, or will they be provided if I show up after something else and can't get home to get mine?

Saviorr

Smash Cadet
Does anyone have an estimate for how many people might show up?
At least more than 20 right?

I just drove 2 hours for a tournament with only 14 people entering...

jonahcat47

Smash Rookie
NNID
ryuji-achan
Do any notable players attend these tourneys? Also about how many attend these?

Top Bottom